Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2014/15 Stuff it in here.

Ask Man Utd, Swansea and Palace, 1 goal conceded in 270 minutes of football. Hey, I'm not saying your shite, far from it. I'm just pointing out that we aren't as bad as some are making out, that's all.

I'd have to agree you have looked solid. Predicted you boys to nick a win yesterday and that almost happened. Don't rate Palace w/o Pulis really and thought you'd get a win. Shame about the save from the penalty! You need to find goals though. Pearson himself has emphasised the need for goals from us this season to stay up. Who do you think can get you those goals?

And before last season how many had Vardy scored? Not sure why 2 seasons previous are relevant. You're portraying our fans how prats on the Stoke forum, etc portrayed their fans: you're massively underestimating Burnley.

I am basing my opinion on stats, and from watching Burnley from last season...that is not ignorance.

Ignorance is labelling a side poor because ' I don't know any of their players'.

Burnley are already a worse side than they were last year, without ings and vokes.

But we've always had the better defence, let's see where we both are in 4 or 5 games.

To be fair, I don't think you can read an awful lot into the two extra goals we conceded last year. I certainly don't think that's conclusive proof you have a better defence. Nor can you read an awful lot into us conceding one more this season when we've faced slightly tougher opposition so far. I'd also suggest that, even if you do have a stronger back four (and as I say, I'm not entirely convinced on that), I think our back-up is stronger than yours. Is Michael Keane your third choice CD? Because if so I think it's fair to say we're in a better state.

Edit: More than two sorry, still not many. Six.

I'd have to agree you have looked solid. Predicted you boys to nick a win yesterday and that almost happened. Don't rate Palace w/o Pulis really and thought you'd get a win. Shame about the save from the penalty! You need to find goals though. Pearson himself has emphasised the need for goals from us this season to stay up. Who do you think can get you those goals?

I wasn't trying to undermine you when I said the difference is you gambling on a striker, because I believe that if we had got Deeney, or someone of that ilk, we would arguably be where you are now.

Who will get the goals? I don't know, hopefully Ings and Vokes when they're re-united, I think our season is going to be based on conceding few goals, and knicking the odd goal here and there.

It isn't ignorance...

The difference between me commenting on Ings and Stoke fans commenting on us is simple....Stoke fans assess us because 'I haven't heard of any of there players', whereas we know what Burnley offer from last season and the previous years.

Ings, before last season scored 6 in 47 championship games.

As for Ings ahead of anichibe...I'm not too sure. Ulloa is a better target man than ings, where as vardy is much quicker, I do not think he could play in the nugent role either, despite being a better player than nugent IMO.

Vardy has only had one good season, you can't use that as a stick to beat Ings with.

Better defenders, no, better defence, yes. I think you're kind of agreeing with me here, it's just the wording that's confusing you. I'll see if I can draw you a picture, or something.

That's absolute horseshit and you know it.

I am basing my opinion on stats, and from watching Burnley from last season...that is not ignorance.

Ignorance is labelling a side poor because ' I don't know any of their players'.

Burnley are already a worse side than they were last year, without ings and vokes.

But we do have Ings and Vokes, and now Boyd, juke and Barnes.

Just on Ings, he was always in Austins shadow and never given the chance as a front man, he's also not really clicked with Juke yet, Sordell actually looks better alongside him.

I wasn't trying to undermine you when I said the difference is you gambling on a striker, because I believe that if we had got Deeney, or someone of that ilk, we would arguably be where you are now.

Who will get the goals? I don't know, hopefully Ings and Vokes when they're re-united, I think our season is going to be based on conceding few goals, and knicking the odd goal here and there.

See that is where I have a problem.

Heaton or Kasper? Kasper

RDL or Tripper? Dead heat

Moore and morgan or Shackell and Duff? M&M

Konch or Mee? Mee was shocking for us.

Cambiasso and drinkwater or Marney and jones? Too easy

Mahrez and schlupp or arfield and boyd? Ghana and Algerian internationals

Nuge and Ulloa or vokes and ings? Ulloa is the only one proving himself

Then we have vardy, top scorer in open play last year.

James- Our young player of the year.

albrighton - more experienced at this level than anyone in our squads.

King - regular for wales alongside ramsey and bale.

QPR may have more points but Leicester and Burnley look the best of the promoted clubs. We've conceded the same amount jointly as QPR have on their own.

Traore looked streets ahead of Hill, Ferdinand is struggling massively and QPR had little impact in midfield.

Heaton or Kasper? Kasper

Trippier is better than De Laet. Mee wasn't 'shocking' for us, and he's a young players who has had a few years to improve, Liam Moore wasn't incredible from the word go (though it was a lovely debut). Think I'd possibly have Boyd over Jeff from the few times I've seen him and it's too early to say on Nuge/Vardy/Ings/Vokes, although Ulloa is a god.

Of course, you can't really read anything into that, it's going to be about how the teams work as a group, but you're being a bit blue tinted spectacles I think.

QPR may have more points but Leicester and Burnley look the best of the promoted clubs. We've conceded the same amount jointly as QPR have on their own.

Traore looked streets ahead of Hill, Ferdinand is struggling massively and QPR had little impact in midfield.

and qpr had comfortably the easiest start 

Maybe. In my (slightly biased) opinion we do have a much stronger squad. It's not like we lack in work ethic, spirit or determination either. We can probably match yourselves in that department. So I wouldn't put the difference between us down to us gambling on a striker and you picking up whoever you can at a decent price.

However, there are worse "teams" than Burnley in this league at the moment. QPR look shocking. West Brom don't look great. Nevertheless, I do think you will be relegated due to lack of depth and a lack of goals. It won't be as clear cut as people think though. Plus, you seem to thrive on the underdogs tag, as much as Dyche likes to ram that point down people's throats. 

From what I saw last season Ings was impressive. It seems he might be missing his partner in crime (Vokes) though? Also, it wouldn't be the first time someone scores a lot of goals in the championship and struggles in the Premier League. Although, I do feel Ings' all round game is pretty decent and he is still a young lad we do forget. Hard to imagine people like him and Wood are 22!

I like your team and like the fact a club like Burnley is in the Premier League. It brings some tradition back to the top tier. I do dislike Dyche's incessant bemoaning of budget and squad though. It's like a ready made excuse for each loss.

Trippier is better than De Laet. Mee wasn't 'shocking' for us, and he's a young players who has had a few years to improve, Liam Moore wasn't incredible from the word go (though it was a lovely debut). Think I'd possibly have Boyd over Jeff from the few times I've seen him and it's too early to say on Nuge/Vardy/Ings/Vokes, although Ulloa is a god.

Of course, you can't really read anything into that, it's going to be about how the teams work as a group, but you're being a bit blue tinted spectacles I think.

trippier is probably better than rdl yeah. konchesky is a lot better at left back than ben mee. jeff's not all that but once albrighton starts/lawrence gets a game/knockaert stops dicking about i'd rather have any of them than george boyd all day long. 

ulloa is better than all their strikers put together, as his stat of 3 goals to their collective 0 clearly proves. am i doing that right? 

and qpr had comfortably the easiest start 

Our first four games saw us play 5th, 3rd, 4th and 9th. Burnley had 3rd, 12th, 7th and 11th. QPR had 16th, 6th, 13th and 7th.

Wouldn't say comfortably overall but their two home games are against far lesser teams than us and Burnley.

Really though?

I would have had trippier in the squad, but De laet has been immense this season.

Boyd isn't really very good.

And Ings/Vokes are not the player Ulloa is.

Heaton or Kasper? Kasper

Heaton for me, but I would say that, wouldn't i? Nothing in it.

Trippier, not even a debate.

Shackell and Moore.

Mee or Konch? Hobson's choice.

Cambiasso, can we have the Cambiasso of 8 years ago? Way too early to tell.

Drinkwater/Jones, not much in it, probably Drinkwater.

Nugent? No thanks. Ulloa, yes please, with Ings.

Airfield over either of you wingers. But, either of your wingers over Wallace, Taylor or Kightly.

It's hard to do these comparisons without being swayed towards your own players, but I did try. :)

QPR have more points? Am I missing something?

Really though?

I would have had trippier in the squad, but De laet has been immense this season.

Boyd isn't really very good.

And Ings/Vokes are not the player Ulloa is.

De Laet has most certainly not been immense. He looked incredibly wobbly and nervous for the first two games, although was much improved against Chelsea and Stoke.

There's a reason Trippier was frequently in the Championship's team of the year. He's a brilliant crosser of the ball and solid defensively.

Archived