Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2014/15 Stuff it in here.

lol These memes and gifs have got me in stitches!!!

The Drinkwater/Jones comment though about made me piss myself. Drinkwater is miles ahead in every department, an extremely talented footballer, Jones is ok has some decent attributes, but nowhere near Drinkwater.

Their defence being better than ours. Well it was 6 goals we conceded more than them last season and 4 of those were when our lot were still drunk against Brighton. Statistically there's nothing in it.

I could do a player for player comparison but I can't be arsed. For me only Trippier would maybe edge out De Laet, but other than that everyone of our players would get in their team. To suggest Mee is better than Konchesky is ludicrous. Mee isn't even a left back, he's a centre back who ended up shoved out there and has never found his way back to the centre.

What Leicester do have over Burnley though, even if you could argue over the merits of the first 11's, is strength in depth. We have quality cover in every position, from Hamer in goal, Simpson, Upson and Was at the back, Hammond, James, King, in midfield, Albrighton, Schlupp or Knockaert (depending on who nails down a starting spot) on the wings and Vardy or Nugent plus Wood up top. And that's without mentioning the fact we have Powell and Lawrence waiting in the wings who we've yet to even try. Burnley just don't have that squad depth of quality supporting a world class player like Cambiasso, and promising youngster like Moore and Drinkwater.

If we are talking goalkeepers I think we shade it. Heaton/Gilkes/Cisak.. Hamer isn't even allowed, just because of the beard.

If that's in reps once to me, well done for just glossing over the rest of the post and picking out one point to comment on.

Cisak is one of our cast offs, so you can forget that one. Hamer, I'd have him over Gilks. Gilks for me has lost his way after impressing for Blackpool a few years back.

And Hamer's beard is legendary! lol How many other players have a feature on their facial hair on MOTD!

If that's in reps once to me, well done for just glossing over the rest of the post and picking out one point to comment on.

Cisak is one of our cast offs, so you can forget that one. Hamer, I'd have him over Gilks. Gilks for me has lost his way after impressing for Blackpool a few years back.

And Hamer's beard is legendary! lol How many other players have a feature on their facial hair on MOTD!

The rest of your post was spot on. Apart from I didn't say Mee was better than Konch.

If there was a way to measure value of player and quality of player against performance, then surely, by the last couple of pages of this forum, we would be miles ahead.

Yes? Remember, your better than us in every department, considerably. Yet, your sat just slightly above us in the Premier League.

And, you've spent many pound notes in doing so.

If there was a way to measure value of player and quality of player against performance, then surely, by the last couple of pages of this forum, we would be miles ahead.

Yes? Remember, your better than us in every department, considerably. Yet, your sat just slightly above us in the Premier League.

No, we've spent marginally more than you yet we're light years ahead of you.

If you consider the difference between 11th and 18th in a 20 team league as only slight, then by your logic, we're out performing Man City who sit the same number of places above us and we are from you.

But, you know. The many pound notes thing was a nice effort.

Edit: Hey. Look. I miscounted. The same difference from us to you above us is us to the Champions League places. So we're basically a Champions league contender, right?

See if you can get 'market leaders' and 'factual penalty' in your next post to complete Sean Dyche bingo.

Oh, 7 places in a league of 20 teams is more than 'just slightly above'.

If we are talking goalkeepers I think we shade it. Heaton/Gilkes/Cisak.. Hamer isn't even allowed, just because of the beard.

I presume we're talking goalkeepers with Kasper excluded?  I'm struggling to decide who shades it between Heaton and Hamer.  Pretty much a dead heat imo.

You are correct that we have spent many pound notes.  Had you put the word "more" into that sentence I suspect we'd be in for a new series of gifs because that implication is miles off the mark. At the end of the day Pearson has spent his money more wisely and shown more nous in developing a balanced squad.  He's worth at least 5 Sean Dyches.

What has really prompted you to put Shackell in front of Moore?

He's ****ing good like, he's been consistently one of the best cbs in the Champ for years and Burnley probably were better at the back than us yesterday, plus it's really the last 9 months that Moore has really started to shine. Moore obviously has far greater potentially but as it stands, mainly based on last season, that is the correct combined team.

That should say last season, not yesterday.

No, we've spent marginally more than you yet we're light years ahead of you.

(3 points)

Kasper

Trippier Shackell Morgan Konchesky

Mahrez Drinkwater James Arfield

Ulloa Ings

Not included anyone who hasn't had a proper go yet.

Fair, how dare you.

What has really prompted you to put Shackell in front of Moore?

Being captain of the team with a superior defensive record.

in all fairness what a complete load of arse this is. we've had a tougher start and we're already 3 points ahead of you. you've scored one goal. 

put it this way, if we continue to pick up 3 more points than you ever four games, we'll end up about 30 points ahead of you. so we both carry on at our current rate (considering we've had a harder start you'd expect us to pull further clear, still) we'll stay "just slightly above you". 

If you consider the difference between 11th and 18th in a 20 team league as only slight, then by your logic, we're out performing Man City who sit the same number of places above us and we are from you.

But, you know. The many pound notes thing was a nice effort.

Edit: Hey. Look. I miscounted. The same difference from us to you above us is us to the Champions League places. So we're basically a Champions league contender, right?

Champions elect, I'd say.

in all fairness what a complete load of arse this is. we've had a tougher start and we're already 3 points ahead of you. you've scored one goal. 

put it this way, if we continue to pick up 3 more points than you ever four games, we'll end up about 30 points ahead of you. so we both carry on at our current rate (considering we've had a harder start you'd expect us to pull further clear, still) we'll stay "just slightly above you".

I didn't realise that's how it worked.

Archived