Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Pen 3

Away support next season

I'm interested in views about the downside of premier league footy next season: 3,000 usual limit on tickets, prices as high as £60+ (Emirates), expensive booze and food, and crap treatment at some grounds - in and out. Premier league seat "occupancy" sits at around 95% but away sales have fallen by around 9%. This means empty seats in away-ends or reduced away-seating if allocations aren't taken up 'cause there's no way some clubs will reduce away prices. Even Man City returned about 1,000 for an Arsenal game...I want to get to as many away-games as possible but it's gonna be an expensive year. Thoughts...

Emirates for us will be nowhere near £60+, we will be the lowest category which at present is around £30 for adults.

Man City rightly so are in the top category and would've paid around £70 a ticket at the Emirates.

The top sides all do, the lower sides get a far better deal there.

I'll pay whatever it takes for certain games next season, arsenal, everton, chelsea, palace however I get that's a privilege that a few people can afford.

I reckon we will sell out so long as we are doing ok

Infact I'd be more worried about our home support.

I'll pay whatever it takes for certain games next season, arsenal, everton, chelsea, palace however I get that's a privilege that a few people can afford.

I reckon we will sell out so long as we are doing ok

Infact I'd be more worried about our home support.

lol lol

Man city recently charged west brom fans £56 for a Monday night sky game. So don't fool yourselfs it won't happen to us at these bigger clubs.

That's Man City, Arsenal do not rip the lower league clubs off, have a look on their site if you don't believe it.

Three Cats, the newly promoted, lower league clubs are all the lowest.

http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/arsenal-tickets-latest-1314-1463811.aspx

Sunderland prices, http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/sunderland-tickets-update-may-2014-1539211.aspx

There's absolutely no way I'm paying £56 for Man City if that's what they charge us.

I'm looking forward to it but I think there'll be something missing from the aways next year. Less aways to start with and a lot of prices that I simply won't pay. I'll do about half as many which is a shame.

Not entirely convinced we'll be excellent vocally either. We might be different but we tend to go to total shit when we fall behind.

I hope one day we're consistently quality but there's a long way until we're at that level IMO.

There's absolutely no way I'm paying £56 for Man City if that's what they charge us.

I'm looking forward to it but I think there'll be something missing from the aways next year. Less aways to start with and a lot of prices that I simply won't pay. I'll do about half as many which is a shame.

Not entirely convinced we'll be excellent vocally either. We might be different but we tend to go to total shit when we fall behind.

I hope one day we're consistently quality but there's a long way until we're at that level IMO.

It's coming to something when it costs more for a council house than a state of the art property in the capital city :ph34r:

That was my thought when I heard the west Brom prices. If I'm honest though, when it comes to it I reckon I'm gonna have to find 60 quid from somewhere lol

I know what you mean though, that price really is expensive when you think the actual ticket might cost you less than half of the days spending money.

****** will pay stupid prices to be 'loyal'.

Same cretins who sing "If you're watching on the tele you're a cvnt".

I'll personally do the aways I can afford. Not going to be robbed blind though. Reckon the odd game like Sunderland or Swansea will make for the best away ends next year. Less appealing for the half-half scarf, flask and jester hat brigade. More appealing for the jolly boys outing types.

Same cretins who sing "If you're watching on the tele you're a cvnt".

I'll personally do the aways I can afford. Not going to be robbed blind though. Reckon the odd game like Sunderland or Swansea will make for the best away ends next year. Less appealing for the half-half scarf, flask and jester hat brigade. More appealing for the jolly boys outing types.

Got a feeling you're gunna be right, but then again, hopefully the half scarf twats won't have enough priority points to get United away tickets. so our ends could still be decent for the 'big four' how many it is these ****ing days. 

Archived