Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jonzey01

Who went to Wembley vs Tottenham and Tranmere?

If anyone is interested there's a DVD on Amazon of Leicesters 4 cup finals. Derby, Crystal Palace, Middelsborough and Tranmere.

Full 90 minute games not just highlights and some added extras. Got it as a Christmas present last year.

Got it yet to this day it ****s me off I can't get the swindon game. I know it ended badly. But that 3-0 to 3-3 was brilliant.

Made all 7 of the wembley games in my lifetime. Plus the replay at Hillsborough.

Everyone holds different memories. Was 12 in 1992 and staying in london, using the tube, walking up wembley way etc was all new to me.

the 93 one was worse I thought we would win, no idea why, but I just guess I thought we couldn't lose twice, then to come from 3 down. Only one winner surely.

Heartbreak.

94 and silence of the rams. Never really took it in. Was more concerned losing a 3rd time to them would about kill me and I'd fall out of love with wembley.

the palace game in 96 is my best memory of the twin towers. We played so well that day. Love watching that dvd.

None of the cup finals live upto that.

1 draw. Knew we would win the replay as soon as they named that keeper.

1 defeat, think we had a decent record against spurs.

1 game being favourites. Rubbish game.

I've been to the new wembley to watch torquay and I now long for the day we make and fa cup final and deck one end out in blue and fill it with wys.

The only final of the 90's/2000 I missed was the Spurs one. Prior to the semi finals my fiancé and I had booked a long weekend in New York not realising we had booked the weekend of the final! Added to this was the fact that my fiancé was a Spurs fan! Before we went to New York we found details of an Irish bar over that would be showing the game. Walked into the bar before 10am on the day of the final and sat eating brunch of steak and eggs and drinking Guinness. I was in my Leicester shirt but everyone else there had. Spurs shirts on except for a guy in an Arsenal shirt who was supporting City to piss them off.

I got married 5 months later (my best man was a Spurs STH!) and now live 10 mins from Wembley and can see the arch from the end of my road. It would be great to take the tube 4 stops down the line to see City at the new Wembley and thought Iit was going to happen last year!

Went to both & other play off finals - brilliant times. My wife (not at match) went into labour at half time during Spurs match & wanted me to come home. As it was first child, I told her to hang on & not to worry & I'd be home after match (live in London). She wasn't too pleased & maybe defeat was my punishment. My son arrived 7.40am next day so I was proven right. He's a life long city fan now & at least this season he's tasted some of that success/excitement of those Wembley times. Hopefully more to follow in years to come.

I went to Blackburn, Swindon, Derby and Palace playoffs and Boro, Spurs and Tranmere cup finals. All amazing experiences with extreme highs and extreme lows. As the thread is regarding the last 2 finals, the Spurs one was a killer, that noise of Spurs fans erupting when they scored will haunt me forever! Robbie Savage's snot string will also live long in the memory lol I was literally in a daze and inconsolable for days after that game. The Tranmere one was unusual because we were such strong favourites but it was fantastic to see us lift the trophy at Wembley and banish the pain of the Spurs game.

Having been to most of the games mentioned the best by far was Athletico Madrid away. Flew out from Stansted airport on an Air France Jumbo had a brilliant 3 days there and one of the most amusing things was the postcards back to Mark McGhee there were thousands of them… brilliant. We even managed to score thanks to Ian Marshall so I doubt that this trip can be topped, unless of course you were one of the silly ones who went on the bus journey from hell.

Great Days

Spurs match was poor and only got into the ground with a minute to kick off.  Queuing at Stanmore to be believed at least an hour to get a train.  In a way our lack of pace at the back lost the game but nothing between the teams.  Tranmere was so different - totally at random had great seat saw the cup being paraded at close quarters,  Tranmere were not bad and at one point gave us a shock Ned Kelly scored a good goal.  Elliott was on top of his game basically unstoppable.  Brilliant day - only time we have ever won a major cup at Wembley.  O'Neill's team never let us down and the fans were totally committed to the team. Still makes me think what we might have gone on to do if Heskey had stayed and O'Neill had not left for Celtic.

Aye, crushed when that last minute winner went in, 10 year old me was in tears. Stefan Iverson or Nielsen was it?

I just remember Dave Challinor's long throws from the Tranmere game lol

Funny because I was a similar age and I always thought it was Stevan iversen too. Wonder why that is

I didn't have a ticket to the game, but I met my brother off the Leicester fans' coach down who did have a ticket. A grown man in his late fifties absolutely battered, bless him! Apparently he fell asleep in the 2nd half, which he still gets grief for quite rightly. I watched the game at the nearest pub to the Wembley turf.

Archived