Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SystonFox

Cycling

• 2 months later...

Did anyone get out over the Christmas period?. 

Me...

Christmas day night ride - a very enjoyable 23km on one of my regular loops. I managed 9 pb`s, 3 2nd`s and 2 3rd`s on the 17 segments on strava (ghosts were chasing me :frantics: ). 

27th - a little 12km night ride.

New years eve - 25km morning ride with my nephew. 

New years day - 53 km morning ride with a mate.

I want to get out tomorrow, but looking at the weather.... its got to be early.

Hi all, in July me and a friend are cycling to Paris from rugby which is roughly 350miles in 4 days. We are looking for donations to help raise money for prostate cancer. Any donations will be greatly appreciated!

Up the city!

https://www.justgiving.com/David-Swinfen-Thomas-George/

Start a thread a bit closer to the date and I'll sticky it for you.

• 3 weeks later...

How did your first ride of the year go?. I`ll be doing my 3rd 50km of the month tomorrow :fc:

PM me if you want a strava buddy :thumbup:

It was terrible....

Roads were awful, I had summer gear on so couldn't and didn't enjoy it.

Reminded me of the reason I only normally go out in the summer

• 1 month later...

Has anyone had a bike fit on here? I'm thinking about getting one sorted for my new bike. Any recommendations on where to go?

Not sure what a 'bike fit' is ?? ...   but if you are in Lutterworth there is a good bike shop there.   Bought my bike from there and Colin Sturgess (ex world champion) was very helpful.

Not sure what a 'bike fit' is ?? ... but if you are in Lutterworth there is a good bike shop there. Bought my bike from there and Colin Sturgess (ex world champion) was very helpful.

It's where they set the bike up so you are producing as much power as possible. Yeah I've bought a bike from there before but the customer service in there isn't that great

• 2 weeks later...

We got any cyclists here then?

I am a road cyclist. Currently have a carrera zelos but tomorrow I get a boardman comp 2014 through cycle to work scheme. I currently enjoy doing 25-30 miles routes around Leicester but I want to progress further, anyone got any tips? My main issue is lower back ache, second is I get pins and needles in my right hand. The third is I get a little bored so I need something extra!

No cyclist haters pls!!!!

I have a boardman comp and I found the handlebar too low...you can get what I call "ring raisers" that raise the bar higher than its normal maximum...say goodbye to your bad back as you are not hunched over now.

Also join any local "sky ride" group...for cyclists who enjoy social company, cake and coffee on the way

Edited by coolcol

• 3 weeks later...

I love road-cycling.

Most frustrating part is struggling with turning corners (gripping) and lack of space some drivers when they go past.

Turning corners - slow down and stay upright, you`ll be fine. Remember that you`re not in a race and just enjoy getting out. The more you ride the more you will learn to read and boss the road and the conditions.

Lack of space some car drivers give - I never get any trouble from drivers when I`m down the lanes on the road bike, but my little 7km commute to work is another matter... Roundabouts are a fookin nightmare... I had 3 drivers pull out on me on the same roundabout within a 2 week period last year and one was when I was on an old 1980`s Raleigh Winner with suicide brakes  :frantics:  

The more you ride the more confident you will become. Hit them lanes and enjoy your cycling  :thumbup:

• 2 months later...

Anyone else been making the most of the sun and topping up their cycling tan lines?!

Sure am. I`v already passed last years total recorded distance ridden.

I`m looking to treat myself to a new bike next year, Its got to be a Wilier with Campag. Got my eyes on the GTR with Veloce.

6524-21750-main-gtr-veloce---side-87.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, I am Rod Hull said:

No new road bike planned for next year now after doing my dosh on a CX yesterday........ :rolleyes:

A 2015 Giant Revolt 2

Picture 688.jpg

Picture 690.jpg

I'm fairly ignorant about CX. I'm a long time mountain biker and have reeled in the amount of travel as I've gotten older, but I can't imagine drop bars and those skinny tyres off road. It looks pretty smart though. 

How well do they cope with wet mud and slick roots? Are they as tough as a hard tail mtb?