Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City 2-2 Everton post match thread

A rumble in Nuneaton, you know we are back in the big time now...

There was also something on SSN about a woman in the home end being hit by what was described by an eye witness as a snooker ball, not heard anything more about it though. I don't know which stand she was in, so I don't know if it could have been thrown by an away fan.

a draw is fair in every way i can see. 

everton's main points to argue they deserve/were unlucky to not get all three seem to be 

a) our better players were either injured or not fully fit. 

errr vardy, albrighton, james, drinkwater, knockaert etc etc? our POTS, YPOTS and everyone's choice to challenge drinky for POTS were all out the game after 25 minutes, 2 didn't even start. we've been mullered by injuries here. 

b) your goals were lucky. 

errr a deflection from a punt back into the box from a corner that eventually fell to mcgeady. pretty lucky. pienaar slipping trying to either shoot/control baines' pull back and it landing on naismith's foot. pretty lucky. 

c) it was a high intensity game our players got tired they're not fully fit 

errr we both played the same game and our lads spent more of it chasing shadows in large parts. if anyone should've been dying towards the end it was our front line but we nicked a late goal. 

as you can see we can make as many (if not more if i thought hard enough) excuses or reasons to say we've been robbed of 2 points here. just accept it was a great game, thoroughly enjoyable for a neutral and we share the spoils. next. 

errrrr - I'd say a draw was a fair result! and I think you'd do well to find a good percentage of supporters from either team that will disagree.

I hold my hands up. Andy King was superb. Tracking back, linking play in the middle and with a superb workrate. My MOTM without a doubt.

I thought RDL looked shaky though. Nearly all Everton's play came down our left. He has a tendency to look nervy, defensively, and seemed so to me on Saturday.

I thought the game looked different when we brought on Schlupp. The miss of the season aside, we finally introduced some pace into our game which clearly worried Everton.

The difference between this season and last season IMO was clear to see. Firstly, the game was much quicker. I recall Knocky misplacing a pass in the first half which led to Everton counterattacking with such pace. Secondly.. finishing. In this division, give quality attacking players time and they will punish you. Its gonna be a steep learning curve.

I hold my hands up. Andy King was superb. Tracking back, linking play in the middle and with a superb workrate. My MOTM without a doubt.

I thought RDL looked shaky though. Nearly all Everton's play came down our left. He has a tendency to look nervy, defensively, and seemed so to me on Saturday.

I thought the game looked different when we brought on Schlupp. The miss of the season aside, we finally introduced some pace into our game which clearly worried Everton.

The difference between this season and last season IMO was clear to see. Firstly, the game was much quicker. I recall Knocky misplacing a pass in the first half which led to Everton counterattacking with such pace. Secondly.. finishing. In this division, give quality attacking players time and they will punish you. Its gonna be a steep learning curve.

I play full back, and trust me when your being constantly over lapped you're not going to look very good no matter what you do. Baines got himself forward at every opportunity and played most of his passes in our half and as a result Da Laet was getting doubled up on, which makes the poor game from Knockaert even more inexplicable given the space was there to exploit.

Schlupp, as usual, was poor. He's fast, that's about it, absolutely no end product. 

Just heard some news apparently there was cahos involved Everton fans after the match at Nuneaton station

http://www.nuneaton-news.co.uk/Football-fans-cause-chaos-Nuneaton-Train-Station/story-22762501-detail/story.html

Be the same Everton fans who stabbed Dortmund and Southampton fans two weeks on the trot according to our neighbours...not read the whole thread but seems a few think we give Merseyside a bad name, I won't get into it all, but get back to me when you've been to Goodison Park later on in the season, minus a few clowns, which every club has, we generally are a well respected fan base, even by most of the local reds.

Following on, Yes we were knackered but we only have ourselves to blame when we played 3 pre-season games, allowed players who barely played in Brazil remain on holiday for far to long and thirdly when the game was screaming out for subs he made them far too late, but we've got a small squad which we really should have addressed before the opening game, it will cost us dearly combined with Europe this season if we don't shape up.

Alright fellas, just thought I'd pop back and give my thoughts on the game from an Everton point of view, can't be arsed going through 12 pages so apologies if I'm just repeating what someone else has already posted.

I thought a draw was a fair result, and if I'm honest based on how the second half went I'm glad we managed to escape with a point, we couldn't really have complained if we left with nothing after how the respective teams performed second half.  I've seen some Evertonians complaining about some snide challenges but we gave as good as we got and there wasn't anything in the game that I thought warranted more severe action from the ref,

Lukaku was dealt with well and you didn't give us much time on the ball, which I think I mentioned in the other thread would probably lead to a bit of success.  Our back 4 didn't look all that solid and I'm hoping that improves rapidly.  Going forward though I reckon Leicester will trouble enough teams in this league to stay up, possibly even comfortably ala Hull a couple of seasons back, I mean that in the least patronising/condescending way possible.

Good luck for the rest of the season, I'll probably be back here when you visit us at Goodison, by which point Lukaku better have 30 goals and we best be storming to a league title, otherwise I want my season ticket refunded.

Archived