Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City 2-2 Everton post match thread

Not sure who it was, but the player most at fault for their first goal was the guy on the far side who pushed out too slowly, and was five yards behind the defensive line, and played Distin onside for the initial shot.

Anyone know who it was?

Knockaert

De laet did look very shaky even when asked to do simple things like clear the ball or play a 10 yard pass. Surely that's not Knocky or riyad's fault.

And that sliced clearance when he tried to volley it out left-footed after we'd equalised 2nd time. Heart skipped about 10 beats then.

not sure a draw was a fair result, from an everton point of view we threw it away a little with very poor defending, distin and jagielka were pretty poor , but a points a point, wont see best of everton for another 3/4 games  lukaku coleman and mirallas need more games and were going to miss barkley, hes the type of player who can make a massive difference in those type of games, we had a lot of possesion but were wasteful in the final 3rd, but im sure you can say the same and some of your players need matches to get up and running as well, a promoted team away for first game is always tricky so its a decent point.

not sure a draw was a fair result

Virtually every neutral has said it was so we'll go with their decision. Having lots of the ball means nothing if you can't create a decent chance, considering we had little of the ball, we managed to create 3 of perhaps the 4 clearest chances of the game.

It's very well to say ours were down to mistakes, but you can say exactly the same about ours as well if you look at the mistakes our players made.

not sure a draw was a fair result, from an everton point of view we threw it away a little with very poor defending, distin and jagielka were pretty poor , but a points a point, wont see best of everton for another 3/4 games  lukaku coleman and mirallas need more games and were going to miss barkley, hes the type of player who can make a massive difference in those type of games, we had a lot of possesion but were wasteful in the final 3rd, but im sure you can say the same and some of your players need matches to get up and running as well, a promoted team away for first game is always tricky so its a decent point.

Well if your defending was poor then you clearly didn't deserve to win.

Your attacking wasn't exactly amazing.  The only clear-cut chances of the second half were both ours. Did Schmiecal have to make a save in the second half?

Had Schlupp scored his one-on-one we could have been bouncing you lot back to Merseyside with nowt for yer troubles.

A draw was fair.

Virtually every neutral has said it was so we'll go with their decision. Having lots of the ball means nothing if you can't create a decent chance, considering we had little of the ball, we managed to create 3 of perhaps the 4 clearest chances of the game.

It's very well to say ours were down to mistakes, but you can say exactly the same about ours as well if you look at the mistakes our players made.

Yeah it's not as though their goals weren't the result of a corner that shouldn't have been followed up by a scabby deflection and then a slip by one of our players followed by a slip by one of theirs that ended up being a perfectly weighed square ball instead of a shot....

we got in down your left endless times and on 4/5 occasions a poor pass or cross stopped which would of been a simple tap in as i said we were wasteful in final 3rd , we created plenty of openings in the game and i said im my full post that you could say the same , we really should of seen out the game at 2-1 but distin and jagielka were poor.

we got in down your left endless times and on 4/5 occasions a poor pass or cross stopped which would of been a simple tap in as i said we were wasteful in final 3rd , we created plenty of openings in the game and i said im my full post that you could say the same , we really should of seen out the game at 2-1 but distin and jagielka were poor.

"distin and jagielka were poor"

"we were wasteful in the final third"

Soooo, your defence was poor, and your attack was wasteful.

Explain to us again why you should have won??

So what you seem to be saying is we deserved to win because we've got better players even though they didn't play well enough to win? With that kind of logic why to we even bother playing the game? we'll just have judges decide who's got the better team and award the points without going to the bother of turning up.

I bet when you play Chelsea or Man City you won't even try because they've got better players than you and it wouldn't be right if you got a point.

So what you seem to be saying is we deserved to win because we've got better players even though they didn't play well enough to win? With that kind of logic why to we even bother playing the game? we'll just have judges decide who's got the better team and award the points without going to the bother of turning up.

I bet when you play Chelsea or Man City you won't even try because they've got better players than you and it wouldn't be right if you got a point.

Good idea this gets my vote. 

It could be like Ice Skating where each team does a routine of football tricks and skills - and then the judges award the 3 points to the best team.

a draw is fair in every way i can see. 

everton's main points to argue they deserve/were unlucky to not get all three seem to be 

a) our better players were either injured or not fully fit. 

errr vardy, albrighton, james, drinkwater, knockaert etc etc? our POTS, YPOTS and everyone's choice to challenge drinky for POTS were all out the game after 25 minutes, 2 didn't even start. we've been mullered by injuries here. 

b) your goals were lucky. 

errr a deflection from a punt back into the box from a corner that eventually fell to mcgeady. pretty lucky. pienaar slipping trying to either shoot/control baines' pull back and it landing on naismith's foot. pretty lucky. 

c) it was a high intensity game our players got tired they're not fully fit 

errr we both played the same game and our lads spent more of it chasing shadows in large parts. if anyone should've been dying towards the end it was our front line but we nicked a late goal. 

as you can see we can make as many (if not more if i thought hard enough) excuses or reasons to say we've been robbed of 2 points here. just accept it was a great game, thoroughly enjoyable for a neutral and we share the spoils. next. 

So you were poor in attack, poor in defence... but deserved to win because Pienarr and Baines passed it around nicely before ****ing up.

Plus you should have had Gareth Barry sent off. No question.

There was only ONE chance created in the game which didn’t involve a defensive error of some kind – and that was Shlupp’s after he was beautifully put through by Mahrez. So if we hadn’t been “wasteful in the final third” we’d have beaten you.

I think Everton were lucky to scrape the draw. ;p

"distin and jagielka were poor"

"we were wasteful in the final third"

Soooo, your defence was poor, and your attack was wasteful.

Explain to us again why you should have won??

Had we been in their position after 70 minutes with what had transpired to that point, then we would be annoyed that we didn't hold on/ push on for a third. That's not the same as deserving to win though. They threw away two points but in the end, didn't deserve three anyway.

Just in case the Everton fans on here have given Merseysiders a bad name I've been involved in a friendly and rather tactical discussions on a Liverpool forum about their prospects. Link below. Its interesting to here some coherent and intelligent views from fans of other clubs on a forum tbh!

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,46651.0.html

The player ratings by the Sun doing the rounds of Facebook are laugh out loud funny.

I by no means think Andy King was like the Welsh's answer to Zinadine Zidane on Saturday like some you did but I thought he was worth a bit more than the 4/10 they gave him. 

Always thought a lot of Everton, won't let a few biased dickheads coming on saying 'well, we only didn't win because we were generally shit across the entire park for the entire game' change that, but it will make coming to Goodison and giving you a right royal cvnting more enjoyable.

:nigel:

Archived