Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City 2-2 Everton post match thread

Hello 

I was at the match today and was disgusted in your fans to be honest, i was in the away end and after your first goal some ****ing knob out of your end threw something at a girl in the away end right in front of me and after the game we confronted the 'crazy' end of your fans and they didn't say a thing (walked off) ****ing faggots,  can't wait for goodison efc vs leicester fags. 

hu0nPhp.jpg

Terrific point.

Thought Everton were very very good, particularly first half. Ball retention, first touch and movement up front (Nugent take note) were good. We seemed a bit nervous in the first ten but grew into the game. We were slightly unfortunate with their first goal because that lad could only put the ball in one place to score, and he got it right in the corner. It was a brilliant finish

They killed us down our right hand side, particularly first half. Felt sorry for De Laet because neither Mahrez or Knockaert gave him enough help. I don't think we can play those two in the same side in this division, it leaves us exposed.

Defensively we were fantastic. Morgan and Moore dominated Lukaku who to me didn't look fit. Konchesky also had a very solid game.

Andy King was exceptional, some sublime touches, he seemed to relish in his role even more so once Drinkwater went off. Hammond also did well. He's a decent footballer, knows what to do and gets the job done.

Ulloa looks good, gets up very well and has a great touch for a big man. I thought Nugent was pretty invisible. Looking forward to Vardy coming back to play with Ulloa, and even another top striker hopefully signing this week?

Mahrez has a good game, particularly second half. What a player he is, his self belief really grew in the second half and he had a go at them. Knockaert wasn't great, looked off the pace and tried too hard at times.

Positive that we kept going, and also played pretty well with a number of players missing.

Good on Wood too, a player I have criticised before. He had the bit between his teeth and took his goal so well. Thank god it wasn't Schlupp on the end of that chance!

Excellent summary with which I completely agree.

I really thought with our injuries that Everton would win quite easily but how wrong I was. The spirit we showed to come back twice was really encouraging.

Ulloa played very well and made their two centre halves look quite ordinary. I thought Hammaond made a real difference second half. Not only did we look more organised but he gave King freedom to play in a more attacking role.

The reaction of the players at the end though told a lot. We were simply exhausted. It is going to be a long hard season and I doubt we will be able to play at that level of intensity all season if we don't get more possession.  2 or 3 players needed to boost the squad.

Another Everton fan here,

Start off by saying to many people falling for the Oviedo troll when it's blatant he came to argue, also to many people after him making strong generalisations about "scousers" not that it offends me, can't really say I will lose sleep at a stranger on the internet putting 1.3 million people in the same basket. Just doesn't really look that good on your end.

also like to say you deserved the draw, I felt you first goal was relatively fortunate as it deflected of ulloa's arm and landed perfectly for him but was still a good finish, also we shouldn't of had a corner for our first goal anyway so swings and roundabouts.

Very annoyed at how many people are congratulating Wood for the goal and not even mentioning Mahrez's cut in and annihilation of barry to create the chance, a non-league footballer should be scoring that chance and he didn't even slot it well if Howard decided to go far post instead of near he would of saved it.

I think a lot of people are getting way ahead of themselves though with ulloa also someone even said certain for 15 goals a season, he's only played one game. Van wonfswinkel scored against us in his first game didn't score once after that his goal was created from a deflection as well.

Last point get rid of the drum it's grim.

I think a lot of people are getting way ahead of themselves though with ulloa also someone even said certain for 15 goals a season, he's only played one game. Van wonfswinkel scored against us in his first game didn't score once after that his goal was created from a deflection as well.

Yes it is his first game and it's early days but it was a solid debut whic fills us with some optimism. It wasn't just the goal it was the way he competed.

Mahrez had a stinker first 45. Second half he covered De Laet better. Then left Baines on his arse, another day he could have got Barry off and then left Barry's legs tied up for the equaliser. Then his pass through to Schlupp.

What a player. A move to Marseille by next season awaits.

your ****ing fans are getting knocked out chief, worst fans in the prem, celebrating like you'd won the league there. im off. 

Well, we won a league last season.

Yeah, you can somewhat guess where this is heading...

It's a quiz show question: "When's the last time Everton...?"

(That's as much Toffee biting as I'll do today)

It was a good game to watch, pretty open and offensive. Effort and attitude were first class, some good performances too. Right hznd sixe seemed to be ain issue, De Laet left exposed too often. In this division midfielders have to defend and protect first. But this is the first game, first competative match, hard to judge too much but good point against tough opponents. We learned a bit today.

I think we can all forgive the toffee's for thinking they should have come down and walked it, after all we're the new boys. One thing you can definitely say about us is that we didn't perform to the best of our ability, missing Matty and Drinky forced us into playing a 4-4-2, which is usually a no, no for this division.

At times we were sloppy but I think we can be excused for first day nerves, we are definitely better than that and we know that, one positive was that we did change to accommodate the fact that we had key players missing, didn't look pretty but we got something out of the game. Which is the most important stat from the game today, forget the possession/chances, we took our chances.

Start off by saying to many people falling for the Oviedo troll when it's blatant he came to argue, also to many people after him making strong generalisations about "scousers" not that it offends me, can't really say I will lose sleep at a stranger on the internet putting 1.3 million people in the same basket. Just doesn't really look that good on your end.

also like to say you deserved the draw, I felt you first goal was relatively fortunate as it deflected of ulloa's arm and landed perfectly for him but was still a good finish, also we shouldn't of had a corner for our first goal anyway so swings and roundabouts.

Very annoyed at how many people are congratulating Wood for the goal and not even mentioning Mahrez's cut in and annihilation of barry to create the chance, a non-league footballer should be scoring that chance and he didn't even slot it well if Howard decided to go far post instead of near he would of saved it.

I gave Mharez MOTM for us. He was brilliant in the second half and can be even better. Disappointed they didn't focus more on him on MOTD as for me if it wasn't for him we lose that game. No surprise they failed to show how he ran rings around Baines at one point. They never like to show an England player get exposed.

I didn't think we played particularly well, we can play a lot lot better but I think a combination of injuries to key players, a slight lack of confidence, and of course a very classy Everton side meant we didn't play to our potential.

I agree on the drum. I hate it.

Quick question - I understand why we wanted to play short free kicks last season but yesterday, when they were clearly unhappy under the high ball, we twice declined to put free kicks into their box in the second half. Someone on that pitch should be making better decisions. Infact, I bet if Pearson was on the touchline he would have made the call on the first one which wasn't too far from the technical area.

Mahrez had a stinker first 45. Second half he covered De Laet better. Then left Baines on his arse, another day he could have got Barry off and then left Barry's legs tied up for the equaliser. Then his pass through to Schlupp.

What a player. A move to Marseille by next season awaits.

I think if he'd gone down from the Barry challenge, Barry would have been off

Excellent summary with which I completely agree.

I really thought with our injuries that Everton would win quite easily but how wrong I was. The spirit we showed to come back twice was really encouraging.

Ulloa played very well and made their two centre halves look quite ordinary. I thought Hammaond made a real difference second half. Not only did we look more organised but he gave King freedom to play in a more attacking role.

The reaction of the players at the end though told a lot. We were simply exhausted. It is going to be a long hard season and I doubt we will be able to play at that level of intensity all season if we don't get more possession. 2 or 3 players needed to boost the squad.

Agree. I'm certain we will bring in a few this week. Also certain we won't play both Mahrez and Knockaert at Chelsea

The interesting question now is would you start Chris Wood against Chelsea? For me Chris Wood plays better coming on as that late sub, he's a striker that really does confuse defenders. You only have to look at the Everton defence yesterday, every time Chris Wood got the ball they weren't sure what he was going to do with it, plus unlike Ulloa and Nugent instead of heading the ball when Leicester crossed it into the box Chris uses his chest to receive it, an then allows it to bounce to his feet. Chris Wood is an excellent example of a striker with plenty of tricks up his sleeve.

Not sure an everton fan should criticise anything to do with atmosphere.

Hello

I was at the match today and was disgusted in your fans to be honest, i was in the away end and after your first goal some ****ing knob out of your end threw something at a girl in the away end right in front of me and after the game we confronted the 'crazy' end of your fans and they didn't say a thing (walked off) ****ing faggots, can't wait for goodison efc vs leicester fags.

lol

Scousers just can't help themselves. Come on here and try and seem like they aren't having a dig when they actually are. I don't want your opinion on us. You all thought you'd turn up here and piss and you got sent back up the M6 with your tails between your legs. Might be a different story at Goodison but for now I don't care for your snidey views.

Scousers just can't help themselves. Come on here and try and seem like they aren't having a dig when they actually are. I don't want your opinion on us. You all thought you'd turn up here and piss and you got sent back up the M6 with your tails between your legs. Might be a different story at Goodison but for now I don't care for your snidey views.

Spot on.

Archived