Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City 2-2 Everton post match thread

Unfit/carrying an injury still is the only logical thing I can think of to explain Knockys performance.

Then again he isn't and never will be a week in week out 90 minute consistent player.

He'll have more off moments overall I suspect, but when he's on he has the quality to suddenly come up with a special pass or a special cross or score a special goal.

That's his greatest strength, that he's capable of such great quality.

In some ways his mistakes and general play over 90 minutes may lull opponents into a false sense of security in terms of believing he is not a threat, and then he will punish them and score a gem or play a delicious pass.

Unfit/carrying an injury still is the only logical thing I can think of to explain Knockys performance.

Then again he isn't and never will be a week in week out 90 minute consistent player.

He'll have more off moments overall I suspect, but when he's on he has the quality to suddenly come up with a special pass or a special cross or score a special goal.

That's his greatest strength, that he's capable of such great quality.

In some ways his mistakes and general play over 90 minutes may lull opponents into a false sense of security in terms of believing he is not a threat, and then he will punish them and score a gem or play a delicious pass.

I love him but his lack of pace was evident on a few occasions yesterday

More than happy with a draw. If we had lost then players might have started thinking that maybe we aren't up for it. Yesterdays result should give them plenty of confidence that they can go out against the best teams in the country and be competitive. QPR won't be thinking that after losing at home to Hull.

As the season progresses and we find our feet and our fairly young team adapts, we should be fine, if not capable of surprising a few people.

Lots of bitter scousers with their thinly veiled platitudes all no doubt expecting an easy 3 points.

Thought we were the better side in the second half, I haven't always been full of praise for King but he was superb and so was Hammond who has received criticism on here. We have a very good squad who can also play a bit, with a bit of self belief and composure we will be ok.

I think it's fair to say that Everton fans, with their champions league pretensions and £28m strikers, were probably justified in expecting to come here and roll over a newly promoted side who only had one new signing on the pitch and who had a few first team players out.

On paper an easy three points, in reality it took two freak assists for them to score, it took a dodgy ref for them to keep 11 on the pitch, their £28m striker was totally dominated by a player making his premiership debut, another premiership debutant put two of their key players embarrassingly on the floor on his way to an assist and they were quite fortunate to come away with a point.

They're rattled. Let them be rattled.

Scousers just can't help themselves. Come on here and try and seem like they aren't having a dig when they actually are. I don't want your opinion on us. You all thought you'd turn up here and piss and you got sent back up the M6 with your tails between your legs. Might be a different story at Goodison but for now I don't care for your snidey views.

I don't understand where the whole Everton fans thought they would roll us over comes from, if you go on the everton forum 25% predicted a draw and 5% predicted a win for leicester. I was expecting an everton win and surely that is the attitude to have but I wasn't expecting an easy game and neither was most everton fans (some was like), for the most part the general consensus that a sold out ground of a newly promoted team playing at home in the premier for the first time in around 10 years, we were going to encounter problems.

I don't understand where the whole Everton fans thought they would roll us over comes from, if you go on the everton forum 25% predicted a draw and 5% predicted a win for leicester. I was expecting an everton win and surely that is the attitude to have but I wasn't expecting an easy game and neither was most everton fans (some was like), for the most part the general consensus that a sold out ground of a newly promoted team playing at home in the premier for the first time in around 10 years, we were going to encounter problems.

Good point well made - I don't think the Everton fans were expecting to come and roll us over. I do think and rightly so, that in their position at half time and given their experience, they should have gone on and won, and so were rightly disappointed at the end. Lets be honest, what percentage of City fans were expecting to get anything out of the game at half time? I wasn't but was obviously made up we did.

a non-league footballer should be scoring that chance and he didn't even slot it well if Howard decided to go far post instead of near he would of saved it.

hahahaha what sort of horrendous point is that?! If Schmeichel decided to dive far post for McGeady's goal he would have saved it.

I was very pleased with Pearson's performance. He knew that we couldn't play our usual game because they retain the ball much better and would catch us out at the back. We played a deeper line to counteract their pace and it worked. We were looking to catch them on the break and Ulloa's hold up play allowed us to and this was perhaps where we missed Vardy because I thought we lacked a bit of pace but we performed admirably despite our casualties.

Yesterday helped ease some of my doubts about NP's tactical nous.

Got to wonder when the underestimation will wear off and sides will start to take us seriously.

The tough start could really work in our favour as it did to Hull last season. They were underestimated from start to finish and they got a Cup final and survival out of a fairly poor squad.

hahahaha what sort of horrendous point is that?! If Schmeichel decided to dive far post for McGeady's goal he would have saved it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7ofmvoQc6U

Your keeper did go far post for the Mcgeady goal, my point was that Wood got all the credit for the work Mahrez did, watch the finish at 00:40  the finish wasn't great if howard stood still he would of saved it, they should be going in the right hand corner it was almost in the middle of the net (slight exaggeration)

Over the moon with yesterday's performance. There clearly is a big difference between us and Everton, but the big news is we managed to deal with them, stay strong as a group and we played well as a team and as individuals.

I thought Wes was excellent, as was Hammond and Riyadh (second half), but the whole group did well together.

I thought the Substitutions also showed we have options. Wood and Schlupp both did well when they came on with Schlupp offering us something different.

Unfortunately the weekend showed that our competitors also played well. With competitors I mean Villa, Swansea, Sunderland, Newcastle, Palace etc, who all put in decent performances. This will be key, as we will need to see unrest in a few teams, while hopefully we can keep our group and discipline together.

Still concerned how Wes will play against a more mobile striker, and also maintaining the mental strength is key, but will be difficult.

Liam said after the match that him and Wes sat there after the game and they both agreed that without question it was the hardest game they have ever played in and it is much much harder than anything they encountered in the championship. The concentration levels are on a different scale.

So for me, I was extremely pleased with how we played. But the concern for me was the other teams in our mini league did well too. I thought Palace as an example might not offer anything at Arsenal and we need teams to have issues to enable us to stay in the league.

Another player said afterwards that they were very pleased and that they think they will get better and better as they go on. Clearly we have confidence and we just need to ensure Pearson keeps the levels high despite the possibility of taking a couple of batterings on the bounce every so often.

Your keeper did go far post for the Mcgeady goal, my point was that Wood got all the credit for the work Mahrez did, watch the finish at 00:40 the finish wasn't great if howard stood still he would of saved it, they should be going in the right hand corner it was almost in the middle of the net (slight exaggeration)

If Howard didn't run across he'd just tap it near post? And it was hardly he middle of the net.

Your keeper did go far post for the Mcgeady goal, my point was that Wood got all the credit for the work Mahrez did, watch the finish at 00:40  the finish wasn't great if howard stood still he would of saved it, they should be going in the right hand corner it was almost in the middle of the net (slight exaggeration)

Could argue that it was a clever finish as Howard thought, like you, he'd go to his right, therefore wrong footing him?

Dear mr llama, the golden rule of striking a moving ball in wood's situation is to put it back where it came from across the keeper who will be coming in your direction with his weight. Had he put it further to the right he ran the risk that the covering defender would get a block in. By lifting it slightly he took it over Howard's trailing foot. There was nothing wrong with either the keeper or the finish.

your frustration should not be with Howard but with your managers poor timing and choices with his subs. You should have wrapped it up way before.

I think Mahrez has got a lot of credit for belittling Baines and Barry, especially second half. 

Nine of the 14 players used yesterday were involved in the 2-0 defeat at Barnsley last April.

Remarkable turnaround.

Who were the players that weren't there?

Hammond

Leo

Moore?

Schlupp?

Riyad

Nine of the 14 players used yesterday were involved in the 2-0 defeat at Barnsley last April.

Remarkable turnaround.

Hammond, Ulloa, Morgan, Mahrez - who else wasn't playing?

Archived