Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City 2-2 Everton post match thread

Their reaction's hilarious, the usual nonsense.

"They only had three shots on target" Errm so did you.

"It was a foul before Ulloas goal ref lost us the game" Yeah like the corner that wasn't had nothing to do with you scoring your first.

"Their goals were lucky" Yeah because your player falling on his arse and fluking a ball through for the second was in no way lucky.

"We had injuries and lakaku isn't fit" Errr other then Barkley it was a fully fit team. If you have unfit players then don't play them... Like us and our 4/5 missing starters.

"The drum and Poznan is so shit"... Yeah ok I'll give you that one.

Don't know why people had any doubts on Wes. There's a reason he consistently made the championship team of the year when we were in the league below. He was the best defender outside the prem.

I maintain that if he had more pace, he'd be playing for a top 6 team.

Probably suited them being up against a lone big lump of a striker, but they were both exceptional!

Don't forget the definition of a Fag is this

"Fag (făg) n. 1. An extremely annoying, inconsiderate person most commonly associated with Harley riders. 2. A person who owns or frequently rides a Harley."

So do yourself a favour, jump on your Harley & piss off, off our forum. 

Yes I know I just gave you a rep...don't read anything in it...it was for the South Park reference - I love that episode  :P

I think it's fair to say that Everton fans, with their champions league pretensions and £28m strikers, were probably justified in expecting to come here and roll over a newly promoted side who only had one new signing on the pitch and who had a few first team players out.

On paper an easy three points, in reality it took two freak assists for them to score, it took a dodgy ref for them to keep 11 on the pitch, their £28m striker was totally dominated by a player making his premiership debut, another premiership debutant put two of their key players embarrassingly on the floor on his way to an assist and they were quite fortunate to come away with a point.

They're rattled. Let them be rattled.

Lots of bitter scousers with their thinly veiled platitudes all no doubt expecting an easy 3 points.

Thought we were the better side in the second half, I haven't always been full of praise for King but he was superb and so was Hammond who has received criticism on here. We have a very good squad who can also play a bit, with a bit of self belief and composure we will be ok.

it was our first prem game in a decade..we played a top 6 team whos striker probably cost as much as half our team.We lose an early goal and an influential player before half time...no vardy either...and still we have to justify celebrating an equaliser like we won the cup..sorry everton fans..you wouldnt celebrate like this if it was Man U????

Biggest negative for me was Pearson not leaving one man up for their corners... It cost us their first goal. The ball was cleared really well and Baines had all the time in the world to get the ball back in and they scored.

It happened again a few corners later, we headed it away really well and it came back in (no challenger near the half way line or even anywhere just outside the box with the clearance). That should have been 2-0 down and game over. Everton left a man up for our corners and they were the away side. An extremely basic tactical mistake from Pearson there telling everyone to go back and defend - no fault of the players.

Da Laet gave the ball away a lot more than he normally does in dangerous positions and scuffed a couple of clearances etc. Perhaps due to being terrorised by Peen-r and Baines all match.

Negatives out the way - Konchesky had a very good game for him today, Morgan was excellent and Moore was a more than capable 'apprentice' in that partnership.

King had an unexpected opportunity to play and took it. Thought he played really well and gets my MOTM jointly with Morgan.

Ulloa and Wood off the mark which is excellent, I don't think you would have known which big man was £8m and which ~£28m watching that game as neutrals.

Jeff also made an instant impact with his lightning pace - shame about his finish but the adrenalin in his veins would have been still extremely strong seeing as he had only been on the pitch about 30 seconds in his first ever Premier League match before getting himself into a ridiculously good position.

Knocky had a poor game - I think he's still carrying his injury/fitness levels are low.

A well deserved point... Agree with Alan Shearer on MOTD for a change!

Oh and the referee was abysmal...

Roll on Chelski! we need to sign a few players this week, don't care if its Cambiasso or whatever, we need more personnel in general they don't need to be world beaters! Squad depth of a shallow paddling pool at the moment.

Nice post.

Very underrated poster you are  :thumbup:

What a brilliant game. So proud of the lads, they were all brilliant. 

Thought King and Hammond were superb. Moore and Morgan, excellent. Mahrez immense. Ulloa great debut. 

Knockaert will need to improve though i think. 

They can all certainly be proud of themselves and have their heads held high.

What impressed me was we did it with several key players out, but we still had players capable of doing a job coming on. We can be much better than that, we know it and I think it will really help our confidence going into the next game.

We still have that never say die attitude which will be key this season, a few additions and we will be absolutely spot on this season.

Would like to see the Everton ratings.

I could always give you some?

Howard - 6

Stones - 5

Jagielka - 5

Distin - 5

baines - 7

Barry - 6

mccarthy - 6

pienarr - 7

mcgeady - 6

naismith - 8

lukaku - 5

Despite having more quality, they were very disappointing as a whole.

Archived