Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleckneymike

Malky Mackay - Vincent Tan's revenge

Predictable reaction really. The fact is that some people have made successful mainstream careers out of inappropriate jokes, so evidently society is not as against them as they appear to suddenly become in situations like this. When these kind of jokes are made in private between understanding friends it is hardly crime of the century, is it? Maybe we'd be better off if people didn't find humour in such things, but they do. I didn't even know the word "chinky" was considered racist to be honest.

i got slaughtered on here once for saying im having a chinky tonight!

apparently its a hanging offence!

i got slaughtered on here once for saying im having a chinky tonight!

apparently its a hanging offence!

Good call, I fancy one now.

For me, if not nasty, I don't have an issue with it. Its a bit unclear in this case, and I don't really care for these clowns one way or the other. I just don't get why people get upset over a word, you give people power over you if you are going to be so sensitive.

I understand the historical context argument and I think it's perfectly reasonable if applied equally and proportionately. The trouble is there isn't really any group of people who haven't suffered prejudice at some point in history, so who decides what is still relevant and to what extent? If you make a joke about black people being slaves society would be outraged, but you make a joke about white people being slaves and nobody would care. This despite the fact that both black people and white people have been victims of the slave trade throughout history. So who decides one is more relevant than the other, and why? Surely anti-racism is essentially about racial equality while what we're doing now is elevating the historical suffering of one race above another.

It seems backwards to me. Now that we've been so successful in eliminating real discriminatory racism, progress from here would be drawing a line in the sand and moving forward as equals. That's how you get to post-racism.

Answer my post moose, do you think it's right for anyone any profession to text that tripe, considering racism in football has massive campaign. I doubt you will!

Archived