Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

James McArthur

But when has agreeing a fee meant that a player and clubs are obliged to complete a transfer. Clubs regularly agree fees, sometimes with more than one club, that is only the start of the process after which many things can change, including the player or the club not wanting to go through with it.  

Craig Mackail Smith for one when we were interested in him

Looks like Whelan played it quite smart. Announced his availability in an inoffensive way, may have know what was going on with McArthur/Cambiasso situation and made a move to do something about it. Would Palace have come in if the dealings with us weren't announced?

I might be giving him too much credit and he may well have just chosen Palace over us.

Looks like Whelan played it quite smart. Announced his availability in an inoffensive way, may have know what was going on with McArthur/Cambiasso situation and made a move to do something about it. Would Palace have come in if the dealings with us weren't announced?

I might be giving him too much credit and he may well have just chosen Palace over us.

Totally agree. Dave Whelan brought Transfer Deadline Day forward a few days with this one.

Made out it was more or less a done deal with us, so Palace wanted to get in quick to try and hijack the deal.

Clever more Mr Whelan you Wily Old Fox.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28983784

Wigan Athletic manager Uwe Rosler believes Leicester City "used" the club's midfielder James McArthur.

A fee was agreed for McArthur, 26, to join the Foxes, only for the newly promoted side to sign free-agent Esteban Cambiasso late on Thursday.

"We didn't accept the pay structure and then Leicester left James in limbo," says Rosler. "I feel sorry for James. He got used in a way and we and he have to live with that. It's unusual. I've never experienced that where a club agree a fee and then make no contact over pay structure.

"Now we have to make sure we get James right again. I feel for the lad because he had already said goodbye to everybody at the club."

As things stand, we are not coming out of this looking that great IMO.

Things could change though I suppose.

Why? They clearly state they didn't accept our pay terms. = Bid not accepted = we can do what the hell we want.

Archived