Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

James McArthur

Sorry but this is hilarious.

Firstly journalists don't have a positive reputation, so it's not on the line.

Secondly if they gave a crap about their reputation they wouldn't talk so much crap so often. The amount of utter falsehoods that come out of most journalists mouth/pen (especially ones at talksport) is enough to take everything they say with a huge pinch of salt.

As for this bloke having a reputable job and a connection to the Leicester fanbase - erm, Ian Stringer, nuff said. Christ you really are talking out of your arse.

You can argue all night if you like, you'll never be able to justify thinking a journalist's word has more credibility than a club owner's when it comes to transfer bids.

lol

I'm not suggesting it is you clown. If you could read you'd realise that I said that I was more inclined to believe Peters than Whelan in that situation.

Why anyone would listen to Whelan is absolutely beyond me.

It's quite funny how defensive you're getting about it all though. Especially considering Peters seems to be the one who has told the truth lol lol

Said it earlier, and i stick by it, but hope i`m proved wrong, but i still think McArthur would have been the better signing out of the two.

McArthur is someone just hitting their prime as a footballer, still with something to prove, and who has played and aquitted himself well in the premier league before, and who could be here for 3 or 4 years, and who is fit and could hit the ground running.

Dare i say it, but seemingly a typical Nigel Pearson type signing!

Cambiasso, on the other hand, an absolutely a top quality player, but 34 years old, and i do have concerns about whether he will still have the legs to deal with the hustle and bustle of our league, and more the kind of signing you would expect Sven to make!.

Also, has he had a proper pre season to help get him fit, and he surely wont be match fit for a few weeks.

I`ve heard plenty of footballers in the past, who say that if they don`t have a proper pre season, it always feels like they are playing catch up for the rest of the season, and find it difficult to perform to their best, and that concerns me.

Despite my concerns though, i hope they prove to be misplaced and that Cambiasso can have the same galvinising affect on us, as Kevin Keegan did, when he joined Newcastle as a player.

If he does, we will stay up, and every penny of his wages will have been well earnt.

Said it earlier, and i stick by it, but hope i`m proved wrong, but i still think McArthur would have been the better signing out of the two.

McArthur is someone just hitting their prime as a footballer, still with something to prove, and who has played and aquitted himself well in the premier league before, and who could be here for 3 or 4 years, and who is fit and could hit the ground running.

Dare i say it, but seemingly a typical Nigel Pearson type signing!

Cambiasso, on the other hand, an absolutely a top quality player, but 34 years old, and i do have concerns about whether he will still have the legs to deal with the hustle and bustle of our league, and more the kind of signing you would expect Sven to make!.

Also, has he had a proper pre season to help get him fit, and he surely wont be match fit for a few weeks.

I`ve heard plenty of footballers in the past, who say that if they don`t have a proper pre season, it always feels like they are playing catch up for the rest of the season, and find it difficult to perform to their best, and that concerns me.

Despite my concerns though, i hope they prove to be misplaced and that Cambiasso can have the same galvinising affect on us, as Kevin Keegan did, when he joined Newcastle as a player.

If he does, we will stay up, and every penny of his wages will have been well earnt.

Good post. I think that JM is totally a Nigel signing as well. Cambiasso is a media signing to get our name up there internationally now we are in the big time. I'm still not sure how much Nigel wanted him vs. having him put upon him for shirts/sponsorship etc. If he becomes a catalyst signing for other top talent then great but let's see how much he adds on the pitch. I hope he brings the quality we know he has, it will be great for us.

I'm just saying, we want JM as well.

Good post. I think that JM is totally a Nigel signing as well. Cambiasso is a media signing to get our name up there internationally now we are in the big time. I'm still not sure how much Nigel wanted him vs. having him put upon him for shirts/sponsorship etc. If he becomes a catalyst signing for other top talent then great but let's see how much he adds on the pitch. I hope he brings the quality we know he has, it will be great for us.

You're not sure how much NP wanted him?.. Really? Why do you think he was so angry when it leaked and why do you think we kept on chasing him when it looked like it was off?

NP wanted him desperately!

I doubt that we would bring McArthur in too, unless we were planning on letting a midfielder leave.

Although i said that Cambiasso was more a Sven type signing, there is no doubt that Pearson wanted him badly, otherwise i think he would have pulled the plug on the deal long ago,with how long it took to get done.

That in itself gives me hope that Cambiasso may be as good for us as we all hope he will be.

Pearson must have been impressed with his attitude and desire otherwise he wouldn't have bothered with him, and that i find encouraging.

I doubt that we would bring McArthur in too, unless we were planning on letting a midfielder leave.

Although i said that Cambiasso was more a Sven type signing, there is no doubt that Pearson wanted him badly, otherwise i think he would have pulled the plug on the deal long ago,with how long it took to get done.

That in itself gives me hope that Cambiasso may be as good for us as we all hope he will be.

Pearson must have been impressed with his attitude and desire otherwise he wouldn't have bothered with him, that in itself i find encouraging.

why not bring in McArthur in, a season with Cambiasso can only benefit us long term, he's only signed a one year deal and can't see Hammond being here next season either if/when we stay up. I have to admit I was getting a bit twitchy getting so close to end of the transfer window but in Pearson I trust to get it right....... COYB

why not bring in McArthur in, a season with Cambiasso can only benefit us long term, he's only signed a one year deal and can't see Hammond being here next season either if/when we stay up. I have to admit I was getting a bit twitchy getting so close to end of the transfer window but in Pearson I trust to get it right....... COYB

I agree with you, i`d be more than happy if we brought McArthur in too, but i will be surprised if we do.

He definitely wasn't and definitely didn't.

Even his mum doesn't listen to him  ;)

:P

Sometimes journalists get given a steer about things but without being able to quote them directly. It's always worth as a journalist digging deeper into stories and not taking everything at face value.

Isn't this a bit of a grey area. Didn't we make an offer that Wigan were happy to accept (hence DW interview) but then we failed to follow up with an acceptable structure of the offer which is why it wasn't officially accepted!

whilst Geoff was technically correct to state that the offer had not been officially accepted, it wasn't too wrong to take the words of the owner of the club holding the players registration as being reliable.

Still would like McArthur in - could learn much from Cambiasso and be his natural replacement after one season. He's also versatile and can play right back which would be a bonus as it solves the cover for RDL.

Agree but if NP doesn't go along this route I will be encouraged that he has set his sights higher either in jan (depending on our situation) or next summer.

I think that, if media reports and Dave Wheelan are to be believed about bid being accepted and travelling down for a medical etc, then any deal for McArthur has gone to far down the line for his signature to be prevented by us signing Cambiasso. Imo we will still get him as well. In that case I can maybe see Hammond leaving but I think we'll stick with the five we currently have and add McArthur.

I agree with people saying we'll still add a striker - looking like N'Doye - and a defender too. With Cambiasso in and with McArthur looking relatively close I can still see potential for 2 more. Besides hope we get McArthur as well.

Knockeart & Mahrez can both play in that role?

would probably be a better role for them as well because in both the everton and chelsea games, the opposition have been doubling up on mahrez and keeping him quiet. Sticking him through the middle would give him more room to play

Archived