Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

James McArthur

Says who?

He could be lying, he could be telling the truth.

If they had actually accepted a bid he'd be lying if he said they hadn't.

Me?

It's my opinion that he'll lie/twist facts to get the best for his club. Making his opinion irrelevant when discussing facts.

My original point was that people shouldn't take the word of anyone for gospel and should only accept that we have signed someone when it's been announced. Of course he could be lying, of course he could be telling the truth. I'm just using common sense and logic to guess that he's twisting the truth because Dave Whelan wants whats best for his club rather than whats best for the media (and thus including the general public)

People are so quick to mock journalists but they've actually got a job to do and it's their reputation on the line. I trusted Geoff Peters more than Dave Whelan because he has a very reputable job and has direct connection to the Leicester fan base. Making it in his best interests to get his information correct.

I'm not 'ITK', I occasionally get bits of info - but I got this yesterday and where it has come from is 100% reliable.

He was definitely there, and definitely had his medical.

He definitely wasn't and definitely didn't.

Well done Geoff in trying to keep people calm yesterday, even if most people didn't listen. :thumbup:

Even his mum doesn't listen to him  ;)

I like how you all took Dave Whelan's word as gospel.

Well he is the fvcking owner of Wigan, his word has more credibility than journos and twitter ******.

:P

The article in the Mercury has no quotes from anyone, however we have quotes from Dave Whelan saying a deal is agreed, if the Mercury actually knew anything they'd have quotes.

Sometimes journalists get given a steer about things but without being able to quote them directly. It's always worth as a journalist digging deeper into stories and not taking everything at face value. 

I suspect if both strikers came in (or even one of them), Wood would be on his way. His wages however might be a stumbling block for most Championship clubs though.

That would be disappointing as I feel Wood is still young and has a lot to learn. Just would much rather we concentrate on getting one or even two more defenders and I think we will be just fine!

People are so quick to mock journalists but they've actually got a job to do and it's their reputation on the line. I trusted Geoff Peters more than Dave Whelan because he has a very reputable job and has direct connection to the Leicester fan base. Making it in his best interests to get his information correct.

Sorry but this is hilarious.

Firstly journalists don't have a positive reputation, so it's not on the line.

Secondly if they gave a crap about their reputation they wouldn't talk so much crap so often. The amount of utter falsehoods that come out of most journalists mouth/pen (especially ones at talksport) is enough to take everything they say with a huge pinch of salt.

As for this bloke having a reputable job and a connection to the Leicester fanbase - erm, Ian Stringer, nuff said. Christ you really are talking out of your arse.

You can argue all night if you like, you'll never be able to justify thinking a journalist's word has more credibility than a club owner's when it comes to transfer bids.

Archived