Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

Nick Powell confirmed by SSN

Unpopular opinion here but think it may just be one midfield/attacking signing too much. Don't see where he would fit and with a loan, you never know what appearance clauses are in place. Not sure he'd make it on the bench most weeks with the quality we now have in the middle unless Hammond? was to move out on loan... 

Not doubting his quality but just think we are well overloaded and Pearson may have just panicked a touch too much to the short term injuries sustained by Vardy, James and Drinkwater..

Unpopular opinion here but think it may just be one midfield/attacking signing too much. Don't see where he would fit and with a loan, you never know what appearance clauses are in place. Not sure he'd make it on the bench most weeks with the quality we now have in the middle unless Hammond? was to move out on loan... 

Not doubting his quality but just think we are well overloaded and Pearson may have just panicked a touch too much to the short term injuries sustained by Vardy, James and Drinkwater..

Fvcking right. I mean, who wants City to be overloaded with quality in midfield? Fvck it - let's sign someone like a latter-day Junior Lewis or Josh Low. After all, we are Leicester City.

FFS...

Where Nugent's been playing?

The only shame about this IMO is that it's only a loan deal. I always feel a player feels more a part of a set up when they sign on a permanent. Just a personal opinion. In the job I do, I've often gone off somewhere 'on a secondment' and it's never felt the same knowing I'd have to go back to my permanent position.

I really rate this boy and I hope he does well enough that we sign him long term.

The only shame about this IMO is that it's only a loan deal. I always feel a player feels more a part of a set up when they sign on a permanent. Just a personal opinion. In the job I do, I've often gone off somewhere 'on a secondment' and it's never felt the same knowing I'd have to go back to my permanent position.

I really rate this boy and I hope he does well enough that we sign him long term.

depends who they are. waghorn was much more adored during his loan spell. i imagine jack hobbs definitely felt like part of the set up when he was voted young player of the year whilst on loan. etc etc 

I didn't know male strippers toured!

Yep true, can't argue with that to be fair.

think a season long loan will hopefully give you time to get properly involved in the team, the club, be "one of the lads" etc. even miquel who didn't play much last year tweeted in the summer that he'll always love lcfc. 

a pearson season long loan for a youngster is different to sven grabbing a half decent name off a prem bench to supposedly help us out for a month or something. 

think a season long loan will hopefully give you time to get properly involved in the team, the club, be "one of the lads" etc. even miquel who didn't play much last year tweeted in the summer that he'll always love lcfc.

a pearson season long loan for a youngster is different to sven grabbing a half decent name off a prem bench to supposedly help us out for a month or something.

Yep, again..spot on

His best position is basically the Lampard role off the striker. He can play wide cutting in, as a CM or even as a striker too. Personally i think this guy is a real big talent and a future England International.

Just see what his previous managers have said about him.

At crewe some think even at 16 to 18 he was among their best ever players, Owen Coyle called him one of the best talents he had worked with and he's worked with Wilshere and Sturridge, Uwe Rosler said he was the most talented player at Wigan too and finally Sir Alex loved him. Along with Januzaj said he was a certainty to make it to the United first team and also at one point said he hoped he would be the Paul Scholes replacement.

Don't think he has a attitude problem as in not listening to the manager etc.., but he seems extremely confident almost bordering on arrogant at times and his style of play can be bit languid and slightly lazy (Berbatovesque). Hence when everything is going well people will be delighted with him but when he is not in form people will moan about him not caring enough or not trying hard enough etc.. even though he might be running a fair bit.

What he needs to improve is just his positioning most. Particularly to play CM where he is too reactional than anticipating stuff. Think as a AM if played regularly given service he can get good 8 to 10 goals already in the Prem.

If he fills nugents spot, I think nugent will be a good cover for both wing and striker. Obviously the one thing this kid might never have is nugent's work rate and desire, but he looks promising and quite intelligent on the ball.

Archived