Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cjslcfc

This Summer's Transfer Business

a) They're not kids

b) They did not make the grade so far because Manchester United's buying policy is a joke at the moment - going for big names from abroad, purchasing starters so to speak. They'll be biting their arses when they see how Lawrence and Powell have developed at Leicester and curse themselves for letting them go (provided we can buy Powell off them at one point in the near future)

c) Both Lawrence and Powell will feature sparsely this season and not start every single game.

I can't see how that can be classified as "risky".

All in all, gather all your fears and unwarranted negativity and take it somewhere else.

All in all I don't give a damn what you say or post , you don't own the forum . Trouble with people like you is you have been on here so long you think you own the place. Anyone who dares to have a counter opinion comes in for your usual bully boy type post. well it won't wash with me .

So you see us as some sort of cleverer than Man united entity do you ? You think Man united have got where they are through repeatedly selling their best up and coming stars ?  Get into the real world . For the record I was not knocking Powell or Lawrence as I think they will in the long term be good acquisitions , what I was saying is we needed to sign some ( a couple ) of proven premiership standard players to compliment what we all ready have .

Now why don't you gather up your rose tinted glasses and unwanted bull boy negativity and take it somewhere else ?  :thumbup:

My 1st Starting XI (4 - 3 - 1 - 2)

KASPER (GK)

SIMPSON (RB)

MORGAN (CB)

MOORE (CB)

KONCHESKY (LB)

CAMBIASSO (CM/DM)

DRINKWATER (CM)

JAMES (CM)

POWELL (AM)

VARDY (ST)

ULLOA (ST)

My 2nd starting XI  (4 - 4 - 2)

KASPER (GK)

SIMPSON (RB)

MORGAN (CB)

MOORE (CB)

KONCHESKY (LB)

CAMBIASSO (CM)

DRINKWATER (RM)

JAMES (CM)

MAHREZ (LM)

VARDY (ST)

ULLOA (ST)

...the problem is, it is so difficult to pick a starting eleven. Testimony to Nigel and his team!

Personally I think we've got a couple too many players now.

It's going to be tough keeping players happy who aren't making the bench.

Babylon makes a fair point about players not expecting necessarily to start but when everyone's fit (which happened a lot last season despite us having more games) there's a lot of players who you might think would expect to be at least involved in the squad missing out on the 18 with regularity.

Kasper

Delaet

Moore

Morgan

Konchesky

Cambiasso

Drinkwater

James

Mahrez

Nugent

Vardy

Subs: Simpson, Was, Knockaert, Schluup, Powell, Hamer, Albrighton

Not making the squad; Hammond, Upson, GTF, King, Wood, Lawrence,

Looking at the quality not even making the 18, you can see we have real depth now. Many will have difference line ups but to have 6 players who have played first team not making the bench each week, gives confidence we can cover a few injuries or suspensions now

Ulloa? lol

What's also striking is the amount of English talent in that squad now - feels like two thirds are home-grown. That's very impressive for a top flight side (even though we've just been promoted). All the other players from abroad complement the rest very well and looking at that players' list, I can't help but feel very content and eager for Pearson to prove that you can hold up your own with a lot of "natives". :D

Makes for a nice change in this ocean of imports where the name sometimes counts for more than the actual footballing ability.

Well done to the responsibles at the club for sticking to that strategy.

Good for when we qualify for the champions league.

In the end, with a flurry of last minute deals it's been a good summer .... certainly see it as an improvement and enough to see us through to the next window .... Where I'm sure we may add 1 or 2 experienced quality players to fill the gaps left by injuries or where players haven't stepped up.

Nice work NP & team!

Personally I think we've got a couple too many players now.

It's going to be tough keeping players happy who aren't making the bench.

Babylon makes a fair point about players not expecting necessarily to start but when everyone's fit (which happened a lot last season despite us having more games) there's a lot of players who you might think would expect to be at least involved in the squad missing out on the 18 with regularity.

We can always loan players out, but there are a number of players that know their role, Upson, Was, Hammond, GTF all know their role is back-up. Players like Powell, Lawrence, even Schlupp and Wood will know they have to perform when they get their chance and will keep their place if they do and still have time on their side. Likewise Albrighton and Simpson, they will have been told they will get their chance to stake their claim and it is up to them to take it.  

Cambiasso will be an interesting one as seemingly he wants to get into the coaching side too, so will probably be content to not be playing every game.

I think the hard part will be if an established player like Knocky, James, Nugent or King find themselves out the squad. They have all been out the team before and fought their way back into contention, but there is a chance they will be out the squad completely. Interesting times ahead.

If all fit and all playing to the best of their ability I would have two different formation based on who we are playing

At home and against weaker teams where I think we will be more attacking I’d go with 4-4-2

Kasper

RDL                       Moore                  Morgan                Konch

Mahrez                DD                         James                   Albrighton

Ulloa                     Vardy

Subs:    

Hamer

Simpson

Was/Upson

Cambiasso

Nugent

Powell/Lawrence

Schlupp/Knockaert

For games where we are playing tougher opposition and away from home I’d go 4-2-3-1

If all fit:

Kasper

Simpson              Moore                  Morgan                Konch

Cambiasso          Drinkwater

Powell                 Vardy                   Mahrez

Ulloa

Subs:

Hamer

RDL

Was/Upson

James

Knockaert

Nugent

Sclhupp/Lawrence

We have tones of options now, and I'm very pleased with the business we have been able to do, it got frustrating at times but the last two weeks especially with the Cambiasso, Simpson, Powell & Lawrence signings it has turned out to be not so bad after all.

Some good players won't even make the bench, the likes of Wasilewski, Hammond, James, Albrighton, Knockaert, Taylor-Fletcher, Lawrence & Wood especially will have to be patient. It will be interesting to see where Upson & James come into the mix when back from injury. 

The summer business is not also a pleasing factor, it's how the likes of Konchesky, Hammond, King, Schlupp & Ulloa have started especially. We were worried whether the likes of Konchesky & Schlupp could handle Premier League football, but I have to say that left side so far has been the most surprising and pleasing factor of our performances for me. King has stepped up, while Hammond has also stepped up with James being out injured. Ulloa has started very well, long may it continue. 

All in all, very pleased  :)

Archived