Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxesfan69

Stearman's performance last night

Yeh, he played a good game, I think he is destined for big things. He showed great skills on the ball and did brillaint to win the penalty. And when he gets caught out of play he has the pace and determination to chase back and win it.

He puts in great solid tackles and i hope he stays with us for more years to come.

Yeh, he played a good game, I think  he is destined for big things. He showed great skills on the ball and did brillaint to win the penalty. And when he gets caught out of play he has the pace and determination to chase back and win it.

He puts in great solid tackles and i hope he stays with us for more years to come.

162429[/snapback]

brilliantly

i had a congratulations card for my exam results the other day and they did the same thing, how ironic

Right, time to piss on the bonfire a bit.

How can he have played awesome but been caught on the ball a few times?

I stated in another thread that I thought he played very well going forward but I think he needs to tighten up his defending. We were playing a poor opposition last night who were down to 10 men for most of the second half.

Better teams would have exploited us more down the flanks.

Chasing back is all well and good but he wouldn't have to do it if he didn't get caught on the ball or out of position.

He has great potential, I hope that he realises it.

Sounded like a cracking display on the radio. Not only crisp and effective in defence but found time to score a goal and to be involved for the penalty.

It's a pleasant sort of headache for CL. Maybury is an excellent player but I'd still play Stearman right back.

I may be proved wrong but Gilbert seems like the major weakness in defence (not considering the goalkeeper) and I am quite sure Maybury could fill that roll until the "emerging" Gilbert develops into a genuine first team candidate.

Right, time to piss on the bonfire a bit.

How can he have played awesome but been caught on the ball a few times?

I stated in another thread that I thought he played very well going forward but I think he needs to tighten up his defending. We were playing a poor opposition last night who were down to 10 men for most of the second half.

Better teams would have exploited us more down the flanks.

Chasing back is all well and good but he wouldn't have to do it if he didn't get caught on the ball or out of position.

He has great potential, I hope that he realises it.

162477[/snapback]

I think it is important to point out that he is naturally a central defender, not a fullback. Taking that into consideration, he seems to be very competent on the flank. Great to hear that he has good attacking tendencies, which can't be expected of a centreback :thumbup:

He and Maybury seem to be defenders who carry a goal threat, probably the only serious threat. As I've said, the more potential goals we have in non-striker positions the better.

I'm aware that Stearman is a central defender but, as CL says, he's probably not quite strong enough for that responsibility.

Playing Maybury left side instead of Gilbert would hopefully stop us being outflanked so often.

I would like to see a back four of

from right to left

stearman    johansson      mccarthy/gerrbrand    maybury

I would say that is our strongest possible choice.

162822[/snapback]

Sounds like Gerrbrand's out for a bit so that makes it easier. Mind you we're not exactly spoilt for cover.

I agree with all who've said Stearman is a great prospect and deserves his 1st team place - at Right Back. But I do have doubts about Maybury at Left Back. Whenever I've seen him play in that position, he's looked very shaky - and he's got no left foot at all. We've got a problem at Left back - Gilbert hasn't got the skills (yet ?). I haven't seen Sheehan - could he do it now ?

I agree with all who've said Stearman is a great prospect and deserves his 1st team place - at Right Back.  But I do have doubts about Maybury at Left Back.  Whenever I've seen him play in that position, he's looked very shaky - and he's got no left foot at all.  We've got a problem at Left back - Gilbert hasn't got the skills (yet ?).  I haven't seen Sheehan - could he do it now ?

163280[/snapback]

Quite agree Maybury's not the greatest left-back but Gerrbrand's out, Gilbert's not good enough and I've not seen Sheehan. Anyone know if Sheehan's a sensible option?. He seems to have been in teams that have lost a bit heavily but that might have been coincidental.

I've only seen Sheehan play once so I couldn't say whether he consistantly plays well, but when I saw him against Inter Milan I thought he was one of our best players. He's got a bit of pace and seems to like getting forward. I was hoping he'd be more involved in the start of the season but maybe Levein has gone off him a bit :(

I've only seen Sheehan play once so I couldn't say whether he consistantly plays well, but when I saw him against Inter Milan I thought he was one of our best players. He's got a bit of pace and seems to like getting forward. I was hoping he'd be more involved in the start of the season but maybe Levein has gone off him a bit  :(

163289[/snapback]

I hope not :(

I'd like to see how Sheehan would get on in the first team compared to Gilbert, who hasn't impressed me yet.

Archived