Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countesthorpe Fox 1884

Sunderland Pre-match Thread

Both are on international duty aren't they.

Like against Newcastle I can't see him playing both. 

True that. Fvck sake. That's a waste of an opportunity.

I'd rather go with Knockaert and Albrighton out wide than persist with this drivel.

Not a must win game regards our fortune this season, but a must win for Pearson.

I just hope he plays with the right formation, Sunderland are about as good as us, so if he tries to cancel out their threat, at the expense of our own, sorry Nigel you will face a backlash from the crowd I suspect, and he would deserve all he gets.

All this said, if he set up positively, and goes at them from the get go, I think we win 2-1, but I suspect this is just wishful thinking.

Because Drinkwater has been pretty terrible so far this season?

And Cambiasso's been just as bad bar the occasional pass so what makes you think he'll do better than Drinkwater if we go back to last year's formation and style? And I put King in there as well because I know somebody would say that and King hasn't been shit?

And Cambiasso's been just as bad bar the occasional pass so what makes you think he'll do better than Drinkwater if we go back to last year's formation and style? And I put King in there as well because I know somebody would say that and King hasn't been shit?

Cambiasso hasn't been just as bad, he is our only midfielder who can currently actually retain possession when he offloads the ball. And I can't see Drinkwater replicating last season's form as last season we as a team were the best team and he was probably the best midfielder in the league, whereas he is showing that he is just an average to lesser midfielder in this league and unlikely to have the same kind of impact.

Why oh why do people keep selecting alloa and vardy as our strike force, some people

must have crap in their eyes, game after game they are pathetic, currently alloa cannot make

his way into the penalty box, loads of you bigging up vardy, yes he has pace, but he lacks

ball control, vision and positional sense,

i  make no secret of the fact i think nugent is a useful player in his correct position,

up top as an out and out striker, when he plays there he makes rickets but he will allways

get shots in and scores a few and creates chances, he is not a winger or a link man

so if he gets picked he should play in his true position.

also de laet is great going forward, so why not

play him right side of midfield with a defender in the right back position.

Why oh why do people keep selecting alloa and vardy as our strike force, some people

must have crap in their eyes, game after game they are pathetic, currently alloa cannot make

his way into the penalty box, loads of you bigging up vardy, yes he has pace, but he lacks

ball control, vision and positional sense,

i  make no secret of the fact i think nugent is a useful player in his correct position,

up top as an out and out striker, when he plays there he makes rickets but he will allways

get shots in and scores a few and creates chances, he is not a winger or a link man

so if he gets picked he should play in his true position.

also de laet is great going forward, so why not

play him right side of midfield with a defender in the right back position.

Haven't Ulloa and Vardy only played two games as a striker pair?

De Laet can run forward a bit. However, his crossing and general end product is dreadful. Would absolutely not play him at RM!

Haven't Ulloa and Vardy only played two games as a striker pair?

De Laet can run forward a bit. However, his crossing and general end product is dreadful. Would absolutely not play him at RM!

if de laet played right side midfield he would create more not having to run back seventy yards when a move breaks down

my point about alloa and vardy, is they do not compliment each others game, the united type of result was a miracle,

and no one can tell me that clattenburg did not play a big part in that result, great game to watch though.

if de laet played right side midfield he would create more not having to run back seventy yards when a move breaks down

my point about alloa and vardy, is they do not compliment each others game, the united type of result was a miracle,

and no one can tell me that clattenburg did not play a big part in that result, great game to watch though.

Maybe. I just don't think he has the sort of attacking qualities, bar pace and a bit of direct play, to play as a winger. Being the full back overlapping the winger suits him. Our current formation has exposed him defensively. He will probably cope with a decent winger in front of him.

Can't be a coincidence that every team has targeted his side though? Maybe it's more to do with who's in front of him?

Maybe. I just don't think he has the sort of attacking qualities, bar pace and a bit of direct play, to play as a winger. Being the full back overlapping the winger suits him. Our current formation has exposed him defensively. He will probably cope with a decent winger in front of him.

Can't be a coincidence that every team has targeted his side though? Maybe it's more to do with who's in front of him?

okay cj guess we disagree, for me ritchie and riyad are the only players of real quality we have in the squad.

okay cj guess we disagree, for me ritchie and riyad are the only players of real quality we have in the squad.

Fair enough. Opinions are what football is all about these days.

I'll say I agree about Riyad though. He has fantastic quality. God knows what Nige is thinking not playing him!

De Laet is decent going forward but we cannot get away with someone that poor defensively. The one thing I'll say about this league is that you cannot afford passengers. De Laet just struggles defensively too much for me.

Yes he struggles defensively because when defending he is not wide enough,my point is if we had an orthadox full back

behind him he could play right midfield, and be allowed freedom to use his speed and energy more in attack and not

worry so much about defending deep, as we are not creating much , would like to see it tried, think nigel lacks a little

imagination, too stoic to try and give a new idea a chance, something needs to change, teams morale is so low.

Pearson has to be more attack minded against Sunderland,if he sticks with the same team and loses,I think some of the fans will turn on him, that's the harsh reality.

The Thais have already shown with Eriksson,that they are not afraid to pull the plug if things are not going well.

A 4-2-3-1 is the best option. Wingers to get the ball into Ulloa.

People who are opting for 1 central midfielder for the Premier League need to have a word with themselves.

Even in Sunday morning football playing with 1 central midfielder would be crazy.

Archived