Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countesthorpe Fox 1884

Sunderland Pre-match Thread

Same again for me

4-4-2 and last year's first team.

Drinky and James, Schlupp and DeLaet, Nuge and Vardy, Knockaert and Mahrez

Morgan and Was too. This is the team that got us here. Ludicrous to not give them a game now that our injury list has emptied itself.

Mahrez has got the defensive solidity of a cushion. Under no circumstances should he be starting at wing back.

I think that the rules of this game should be abandoned in favour of a good old playground 'fight till yer cry'. The first team to make all of the 11 opponents 'bubble' wins. Substitutes can be used in the normal way but hawkeye/video reply style technology will be used to see whether the waterworks were triggered before or after the fourth official had signaled the substitution. With this in mind my starting 11 and formation would be:

Knockaert

Nugent   Hammond  Schlupp   Ulloa

Moore   Schmeichel     Wes

vardy     Cambiasso

Was 

Some might question why I have gone for Vardy and Cambiasso in behind the big man - Was' role is that of the target man, with the two little terriers making their runs from deep with the added protection of Moore, Scmeichel and Wes providing cover and 'forming square' around them if the call is given. I think the rest is obvious.

Alternatively, we could just go for a big game of leg-over bull dog!

This explanation was funny to start with but that last sentence really got me! lol

Why oh why do people keep selecting alloa and vardy as our strike force, some people

must have crap in their eyes, game after game they are pathetic, currently alloa cannot make

his way into the penalty box, loads of you bigging up vardy, yes he has pace, but he lacks

ball control, vision and positional sense,

i  make no secret of the fact i think nugent is a useful player in his correct position,

up top as an out and out striker, when he plays there he makes rickets but he will allways

get shots in and scores a few and creates chances, he is not a winger or a link man

so if he gets picked he should play in his true position.

also de laet is great going forward, so why not

play him right side of midfield with a defender in the right back position.

You're right, Alloa has been poor recently. It's time to give Dumbarton a go, perhaps paired with Queen of the South.

your making sense, i agree entirely, ulloa and vardy is a combination that will not work, vardy likes uusing his pace on a through ball,

where alloa likes loitering around the box after a slow buildup , nugent is allways looking for someone running into space.

Nugent's so far off the pace this season that he wouldn't provide the balls for a strike partner. Almost every game he's played by the time he's thought about what he's going to do with the ball, he's had it nicked off him. Same with balls in the box- more often than not he's daydreaming and nowhere near the ball.

Nugent's so far off the pace this season that he wouldn't provide the balls for a strike partner. Almost every game he's played by the time he's thought about what he's going to do with the ball, he's had it nicked off him. Same with balls in the box- more often than not he's daydreaming and nowhere near the ball.

Nugent has not started the last three games, and the team have played crap without him so how is vardy and co any better,

you said in an earlier post you have to make things happen, vardy missed the last four games last season, guess what we won every one,

he also missed the chelsea and everton games and only had 20 minutes against arsenal, and performance wise considering the opposition

we played okay, better than the shite thats happening now.

its not all about individual players, its how a team performs as a unit, supporting your players when you are in possession,

closing down the oppisition quickly, all the players really giving everything not leaving one drop of energy left unused,

yes we do need more quality players, but we will end up like qpr if pearson fails to attend to lack of will to win, organisation

and knowing his best eleven, we are actually in a footballing crisis, which some are saying its too early to worry.

personally pearson is coming across as an arrogant inflexible  manager, the acid test of a manager is knowing a good player

from a bad one, frankly his recent signings are flakey,

even allowing for the fact that the premiership is a huge step up, our team spirit is just a distant memory.

Hey,

Sunderland fan here, I cant believe you lot are so negative about your chances in this game and season in general. Sunderland have an injury crisis at the moment and never play well against newly promoted teams (Loss vs QPR and 0-0 Draw with Burnley) seriously you should be looking to get at least a draw against us  lol

We have sold the full allocation and I understand that you guys have sold out too so hopefully its a good atmosphere!

Hey,

Sunderland fan here, I cant believe you lot are so negative about your chances in this game and season in general. Sunderland have an injury crisis at the moment and never play well against newly promoted teams (Loss vs QPR and 0-0 Draw with Burnley) seriously you should be looking to get at least a draw against us lol

We have sold the full allocation and I understand that you guys have sold out too so hopefully its a good atmosphere!

Us, negative? Never! lol

Welcome mate, hoping for us to get our season back on track. If the score stays 0-0 for very long then I can guarantee that the atmosphere will not be good

Hey,

Sunderland fan here, I cant believe you lot are so negative about your chances in this game and season in general. Sunderland have an injury crisis at the moment and never play well against newly promoted teams (Loss vs QPR and 0-0 Draw with Burnley) seriously you should be looking to get at least a draw against us lol

If you're in a crisis or you're generally a massively shit team. We will give you a point or three.

We only turn up against top 10 teams.

we haven't scored a goal, let alone looked like getting a point for 6 weeks and you can't understand why we're negative?! 

Fair enough mate, Im not arguing that you have something to be negative about or even that you shouldn't sack your manager as Leicester fans will know alot more then me... however what im trying to say is, if there is one game you can be confident about getting a result in its Sunderland!  lol

Fair enough mate, Im not arguing that you have something to be negative about or even that you shouldn't sack your manager as Leicester fans will know alot more then me... however what im trying to say is, if there is one game you can be confident about getting a result in its Sunderland!  lol

haha. looks like it's going to be a battle of who can be worst on saturday. last on motd written alllll over it! 

Here's my selection, something different this time 3-5-2 system

Kasper

Moore - CB

Morgan - CB

Wasyl or Simpson- CB

Mahrez - Wing back

Schlupp - Wing Back

Cambiasso - Sitting in front of back 3

James

Drinkwater

Vardy

Ulloa

hahahaha

Has to be

Schmeichel

Simpson

Morgan

Wasyl

Schlupp

Albrighton

James

Drinkwater

Mahrez

Ulloa

Vardy

Smith, Moore, King, Cambiasso, Knockaert, Powell, Wood/Nugent

What's the motivation for starting Albrighton? Just because someone never gets anywhere near the team that doesn't make them some kind of hero.

This is someone who struggled to get into a Villa side that nearly got relegated and has been nothing more than a peripheral player since the 10/11 season.

Archived