Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countesthorpe Fox 1884

Sunderland Pre-match Thread

Whats wrong with Mahrez as wing back then??

What do you suggest then?

I cry out for Mahrez to play every week, i find it criminal that he's not but to be fair, he's not the most hardest working at getting back so i dont think he's disciplined enough to play wing back plus we spend alot of games defending so he'd be more like a full back which wouldnt suit him or us

Take your point about none of them really having proven they're good enough for the division yet. However can't agree on Vardy and your suggestion he's been as bad as Nugent! Granted he's not been great but at least he's a threat. Almost scored at Palace, played pretty well in every other game too. Just lacks service. He's still a danger with his raw pace and determination. Nugent has looked absolutely totally out of his depth. Can you remember the last time he had a decent opportunity? Ran with the ball? Did anything? I can't. He's no way good enough. Not in a million years. If I were a defender id be delighted to mark him as he's no threat whatsoever. At least with Vardy you know he's going to run at you and in behind you. At least with Ulloa he's physical and you know you're in for a battle.

I think you're a little harsh on who and who isn't good enough. It's a bit early in the season to tell that yet, and we are on a terrible run.

He has missed more chance than Nugent has this season and you say its a little harsh on who is and isnt good enough but then you go onto say he is now way good enough not in a million years, you are contradicting yourself here

Why oh why do people keep selecting alloa and vardy as our strike force, some people

must have crap in their eyes, game after game they are pathetic, currently alloa cannot make

his way into the penalty box, loads of you bigging up vardy, yes he has pace, but he lacks

ball control, vision and positional sense,

i  make no secret of the fact i think nugent is a useful player in his correct position,

up top as an out and out striker, when he plays there he makes rickets but he will allways

get shots in and scores a few and creates chances, he is not a winger or a link man

so if he gets picked he should play in his true position.

also de laet is great going forward, so why not

play him right side of midfield with a defender in the right back position.

who? :wes:

Nugent played in his correct position is a better player than  either vardy or ulloa, he has played for england under 23s and gained

one international cap, scored 20 assisted 12 last year, also alloa and vardy play less effectively without him, redknapp nearly

ruined his career by not giving him a chance at pompey, and what does he know, he has lost a little pace now he is approaching

thirty, but played as an out an out striker he is better than them two, laugh all you like, im an old duffer now, but a long while

ago, i played alongside and against professional footballers, that means nothing in itself, football is in front of you,

people should be able to discern the ability of players. thats assuming you know the basics of football, you do not seem to.grasp

them .

I don't know how you have come to that conclusion considering Ulloa has scored 5 this season and Nugent other than his chance against Chelsea hasn't even looked like scoring from open play.

Every time Vardy has terrorised defenders every game he has played and been a constant nuisance even though the strikes have been starved of chances recently. Vardy has to be the first striker on the team sheety when fit, he proved what he can do all of last season and against Man U. how you see him more dangerous than Nugent is beyond me.

He has missed more chance than Nugent has this season and you say its a little harsh on who is and isnt good enough but then you go onto say he is now way good enough not in a million years, you are contradicting yourself here

He's missed more than Nugent because he's had more chances than Nugent has had. Not difficult, seeing as Nugent has had zero chances since his attempt at Chelsea.

I can tell Nugent isnt up to it. Dont need to see anymore games. He's been completely anonomous and our worst performer by a mile. At least Vardy is a nuisance to defenders, tries to create chances. What does Nugent do? Vardy is the first striker on the team sheet for me.

He's missed more than Nugent because he's had more chances than Nugent has had. Not difficult, seeing as Nugent has had zero chances since his attempt at Chelsea.

I can tell Nugent isnt up to it. Dont need to see anymore games. He's been completely anonomous and our worst performer by a mile. At least Vardy is a nuisance to defenders, tries to create chances. What does Nugent do? Vardy is the first striker on the team sheet for me.

But I guess if you asked Vardy who he would prefer to play with Nugent or Ulloa, it would be Nugent everytime.  Nugent makes Vardy a better player

I don't know how you have come to that conclusion considering Ulloa has scored 5 this season and Nugent other than his chance against Chelsea hasn't even looked like scoring from open play.

Every time Vardy has terrorised defenders every game he has played and been a constant nuisance even though the strikes have been starved of chances recently. Vardy has to be the first striker on the team sheety when fit, he proved what he can do all of last season and against Man U. how you see him more dangerous than Nugent is beyond me.

Ermmmmmmmm who scored more goals last season Nugent or Vardy

Vardy's first on the teamsheet for me as well, but definitely not with Ulloa. Ulloa's looked anonymous the last few matches too but Nugent's proven he can play with Vardy and create chances for him, Ulloa hasn't. Ulloa's proven he can score if we give him chances but at the moment he seems allergic to the box and our crossing's woeful regardless

I think that the rules of this game should be abandoned in favour of a good old playground 'fight till yer cry'. The first team to make all of the 11 opponents 'bubble' wins. Substitutes can be used in the normal way but hawkeye/video reply style technology will be used to see whether the waterworks were triggered before or after the fourth official had signaled the substitution. With this in mind my starting 11 and formation would be:

Knockaert

Nugent   Hammond  Schlupp   Ulloa

Moore   Schmeichel     Wes

vardy     Cambiasso

Was 

Some might question why I have gone for Vardy and Cambiasso in behind the big man - Was' role is that of the target man, with the two little terriers making their runs from deep with the added protection of Moore, Scmeichel and Wes providing cover and 'forming square' around them if the call is given. I think the rest is obvious.

Alternatively, we could just go for a big game of leg-over bull dog!

Doesn't matter whether or not we think Nuge is good enough for the Prem. He doesn't. He doesn't have the belief to take a chance, thus he's unlikely to make much happen. Vardy will have a go. He has self belief but it remains to be seen if he's good enough. Personally I think he is and will be a success

Doesn't matter whether or not we think Nuge is good enough for the Prem. He doesn't. He doesn't have the belief to take a chance, thus he's unlikely to make much happen. Vardy will have a go. He has self belief but it remains to be seen if he's good enough. Personally I think he is and will be a success

Agree entirely

If Pearson insists on playing this awful diamond formation, then De Laet has to be in the team for me, just to give us some kind of width, that's why I'd like to see Schlupp at LB too.

However, it's a different story should he play with wingers, as we'd then be able to put more focus into the defensive side of our game, hence why I'd go with Simpson over De Laet in these circumstances. Unfortunately, I just don't think Koncheskey is good enough anymore, so Schlupp should be LB until January at least.

I can see this being a tight game, but I'm quietly confident that we'll get a result. 2-1 to the foxes, Vardy and Mahrez with the goals. :scarf:

But I guess if you asked Vardy who he would prefer to play with Nugent or Ulloa, it would be Nugent everytime.  Nugent makes Vardy a better player

your making sense, i agree entirely, ulloa and vardy is a combination that will not work, vardy likes uusing his pace on a through ball,

where alloa likes loitering around the box after a slow buildup , nugent is allways looking for someone running into space.

Archived