Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countesthorpe Fox 1884

Sunderland Pre-match Thread

Kasper

RDL* Wes Was Konch

Esteban King

Mahrez Schlupp

Vardy Ulloa

No more messing about now.

Diamond hasn't worked, move on.

Kasper won't be dropped

Nor will RDL

Wes and Was were rocks for the majority of the game yesterday

Konch is back!

Mahrez just needs to be in the team.

Esteban is the only one that can pick that special pass.

King has looked our only half decent CM this season, especially in a deeper role.

Schlupp. No-one else but Knocky can play LM/LW and he won't get a look in

Ulloa because he's arguably our best player

Vardy because he's a little pest

Kasper

RDL* Wes Was Konch

Esteban King

Mahrez Schlupp

Vardy Ulloa

No more messing about now.

Diamond hasn't worked, move on.

Kasper won't be dropped

Nor will RDL

Wes and Was were rocks for the majority of the game yesterday

Konch is back!

Mahrez just needs to be in the team.

Esteban is the only one that can pick that special pass.

King has looked our only half decent CM this season, especially in a deeper role.

Schlupp. No-one else but Knocky can play LM/LW and he won't get a look in

Ulloa because he's arguably our best player

Vardy because he's a little pest

Think I'd go 4-5-1 for this. The diamond isn't working and while I'm convinced we need more width, I think we really need the extra bodies in central midfield too:

Schmeichel

De Laet Moore Morgan Schlupp

James Cambiasso Drinkwater

Knockaert                                     Mahrez

Ulloa

Why oh why do people keep selecting alloa and vardy as our strike force, some people

must have crap in their eyes, game after game they are pathetic, currently alloa cannot make

his way into the penalty box, loads of you bigging up vardy, yes he has pace, but he lacks

ball control, vision and positional sense,

i make no secret of the fact i think nugent is a useful player in his correct position,

up top as an out and out striker, when he plays there he makes rickets but he will allways

get shots in and scores a few and creates chances, he is not a winger or a link man

so if he gets picked he should play in his true position.

also de laet is great going forward, so why not

play him right side of midfield with a defender in the right back position.

Ha ha ha preferring Nugent to Ulloa and Vardy. Nugent has about as much goal threat as Colin Gordon used to have for us. He's been pathetic

Ha ha ha preferring Nugent to Ulloa and Vardy. Nugent has about as much goal threat as Colin Gordon used to have for us. He's been pathetic

Agreed. Nugent is about 5 seconds behind everyone else. When he gets the ball there's about 5 seconds where he's thinking about where to kick it- before losing it.

I think Nick Powell has had more shots on goal than Nugent this season.

Here's my selection, something different this time 3-5-2 system

Kasper

Moore - CB

Morgan - CB

Wasyl or Simpson- CB

Mahrez - Wing back

Schlupp - Wing Back

Cambiasso - Sitting in front of back 3

James

Drinkwater

Vardy

Ulloa

Was pretty muchgoing to put this. Don't really like a 3-5-2 but think it allows a lot of things we all want:

Width!

Pace in Schlupp, Mahrez and Vardy

Support for Ulloa up top

Cambiasso can still play holding role

Drinkers central with James

Would require good performances from CBs which is the potential weakness. As long as Cambiasso offers the midfield link then I think it would work.

Nugent played in his correct position is a better player than  either vardy or ulloa, he has played for england under 23s and gained

one international cap, scored 20 assisted 12 last year, also alloa and vardy play less effectively without him, redknapp nearly

ruined his career by not giving him a chance at pompey, and what does he know, he has lost a little pace now he is approaching

thirty, but played as an out an out striker he is better than them two, laugh all you like, im an old duffer now, but a long while

ago, i played alongside and against professional footballers, that means nothing in itself, football is in front of you,

people should be able to discern the ability of players. thats assuming you know the basics of football, you do not seem to.grasp

them .

1. Kasper

2. DeLeat RB

3 Schlupp LB

4. Wasyl. CB

5. Morgan. CB

6. James. CM

7. Drinkwater CM

8. Mahrez. RM

9. Lawrence LM

10 Vardy. S

11. Ulloa S

That's a very good attacking team, gone with Lawrence as I think the left side has never been sorted since Dyer left,can do no worse than blood this kid.

For this to work Mahrez and Lawrence have to do there defensive duties when the full backs bomb on,Nigel Pearson not so long ago said that fast full backs are essential in modern football.

Got to be worth a go.

Was pretty muchgoing to put this. Don't really like a 3-5-2 but think it allows a lot of things we all want:

Width!

Pace in Schlupp, Mahrez and Vardy

Support for Ulloa up top

Cambiasso can still play holding role

Drinkers central with James

Would require good performances from CBs which is the potential weakness. As long as Cambiasso offers the midfield link then I think it would work.

Thanks for the response Number 6. I'm not struck either on the wing backs, but we need some width after WBA game. Cambiasso with that holding role free's up James/Drinkwater to battle on and maybe get Cambiasso passing that ball out to the wings or up front to Vardy/Ulloa.

Nugent played in his correct position is a better player than  either vardy or ulloa, he has played for england under 23s and gained

one international cap, scored 20 assisted 12 last year, also alloa and vardy play less effectively without him, redknapp nearly

ruined his career by not giving him a chance at pompey, and what does he know, he has lost a little pace now he is approaching

thirty, but played as an out an out striker he is better than them two, laugh all you like, im an old duffer now, but a long while

ago, i played alongside and against professional footballers, that means nothing in itself, football is in front of you,

people should be able to discern the ability of players. thats assuming you know the basics of football, you do not seem to.grasp

them .

I agree I still say Nugent is our best forward

Pearson has to be more attack minded against Sunderland,if he sticks with the same team and loses,I think some of the fans will turn on him, that's the harsh reality.

The Thais have already shown with Eriksson,that they are not afraid to pull the plug if things are not going well.

Perhaps we can be the 12th man. If the kop all stand in unisonand sing, "attack, attack, attack" someone may get the message?

Nugent played in his correct position is a better player than either vardy or ulloa, he has played for england under 23s and gained

them .

Oh I certainly have a grasp on the basics of football, thanks. Nugent had a decent season last season. Decent. Not spectacular because he didn't get anywhere near enough goals from open play. At times he was fantastic- his goal at Burnley and at home to QPR dispelled any myths that he wasn't good enough for that level. He did fine, and to go along with that he always put in 100% which I like in a player.

However, this season he's been absolutely nowhere near good enough. Whether he's upfront or behind the front two you have to MAKE THINGS HAPPEN. That's what all the top strikers do. Vardy does it, Nugent does not. He's been so out of his depth this season that's it's embarrassing. If I saw you now I'd happily bet you £100 that post Jan when we hopefully strengthen the striking department, he will not even be in contention to play in the first 11. Not good enough

if youre referring to my line up then look again

Not you. The one who actually said Mahrez at wing back.

Then again yours actually does look a bit like Mahrez at wing back. If it isn't then we've got little chance down that side.

I've got a horrible feeling it's going to be another shit 0-1.

So were is the cover on the left hand side?

James protecting the back 3 allowing Drinkwater to roam. They usually play with 2 up front so I think we'd be able to handle them. People want attacking so why not?

Edit: That is a pretty shit line up and formation to be fair lol

Oh I certainly have a grasp on the basics of football, thanks. Nugent had a decent season last season. Decent. Not spectacular because he didn't get anywhere near enough goals from open play. At times he was fantastic- his goal at Burnley and at home to QPR dispelled any myths that he wasn't good enough for that level. He did fine, and to go along with that he always put in 100% which I like in a player.

However, this season he's been absolutely nowhere near good enough. Whether he's upfront or behind the front two you have to MAKE THINGS HAPPEN. That's what all the top strikers do. Vardy does it, Nugent does not. He's been so out of his depth this season that's it's embarrassing. If I saw you now I'd happily bet you £100 that post Jan when we hopefully strengthen the striking department, he will not even be in contention to play in the first 11. Not good enough

The first half of your post is fair comment, however cannot agree with latter comments .

nobodys been good enough this season, they have all struggled, as you have slated nugent,what about jamie vardy,

man u he played a blinder, but to echo your words he ain't good enough, rushing around a hundred miles an nour,

head down charging like a runaway bull counts for zero, fact is he is not very skilled, having said that i still think as a duo

he and nuge in a 4-4-2 is our best option, of course you have to make things happen, n.p. will never drop alloa because

he paid a fair whack for him, as for hundred quid bet, would never gamble on a managers selections,

look at roy h, sven harry etc,, no doubt you will laugh, but only miraz de laet and meybe kasper are good enough for

premiership football.

The first half of your post is fair comment, however cannot agree with latter comments .

nobodys been good enough this season, they have all struggled, as you have slated nugent,what about jamie vardy,

man u he played a blinder, but to echo your words he ain't good enough, rushing around a hundred miles an nour,

head down charging like a runaway bull counts for zero, fact is he is not very skilled, having said that i still think as a duo

he and nuge in a 4-4-2 is our best option, of course you have to make things happen, n.p. will never drop alloa because

he paid a fair whack for him, as for hundred quid bet, would never gamble on a managers selections,

look at roy h, sven harry etc,, no doubt you will laugh, but only miraz de laet and meybe kasper are good enough for

premiership football.

Take your point about none of them really having proven they're good enough for the division yet. However can't agree on Vardy and your suggestion he's been as bad as Nugent! Granted he's not been great but at least he's a threat. Almost scored at Palace, played pretty well in every other game too. Just lacks service. He's still a danger with his raw pace and determination. Nugent has looked absolutely totally out of his depth. Can you remember the last time he had a decent opportunity? Ran with the ball? Did anything? I can't. He's no way good enough. Not in a million years. If I were a defender id be delighted to mark him as he's no threat whatsoever. At least with Vardy you know he's going to run at you and in behind you. At least with Ulloa he's physical and you know you're in for a battle.

I think you're a little harsh on who and who isn't good enough. It's a bit early in the season to tell that yet, and we are on a terrible run.

Archived