Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
J.Lisemore

Wisdom tooth.

Already been told by the dentist it would be advisable to have it removed, I'd made an appointment for 2 months ago but I needed to re-arrange for a later date.

Back then, it caused me no pain whatsoever, and now I'm in absolute agony (2 days or so).

Wondered if there were any short term pain relief or even something that can get rid of this pain? Could be infection, I'm not sure. 

Cheers in advance.

Codeine is the strongest pain killer you can get OTC from a pharmacy.

Other than that paracetamol / ibroprufen combos

Regularly hold some hot (but not burning hot) strong salt water in your mouth in the affected area to wash out any infection

Don't antagonise it by brushing or moving your mouth too much

For instant but very short lived (less than one minute) relief some strong alcohol will numb the area

Unfortunately other than that there's not a lot you can do. If it's really bad then codeine is what you want but be careful not to get hooked on it.

Guest seanfox778

I had 3 wisdom teeth taken out last week, the two top ones caused me no issues but the bottom one was a nightmare as it had fallen on it's side underneath the gum. I rang my doctor and he gave me co-codomol which has codeine in and they helped a lot but like others have said use them responsibly.

I had a abscess in one of my back teeth and it was 24 7 agony I was advised to take 2 x 500mmg Paracetamol with 2 x 200mg Ibuprofen which helped, in the end i had to have a root canal. cost me £300.... i should have been a dentist

Impacted Wisdom teeth can be a pain I have one that is Impacted it used to flair up every now and then when i was younger the dentist offered to send me to get it removed but i Pussied out because the pain wasn't that bad, it doesn't cause me any problems any more 

i would give the ibuprofen and Paracetamol a shot and see how you get on

I used to get infections in my Wisdom tooth. If you go to the dentist he looks at it, tells you you've got an infection - charges £20 odd quid for 2 mins - then prescribes you antibiotics.

Whilst it's annoying the pain gets worse. The first time I ever had an infection in the tooth, I left it not realising what was going to happen. It got to the point where I couldn't sleep and the pain was literally pulsing.

Archived