Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Will1981

Schmeichel out for a month

People weren't saying that over previous season's, Kasper has performed wonders & has made numerous match winning saves down the years, maybe even 3-4 in a game, just because we stormed the league last season, in quite a few games Kasper played a vital part.

Then come a season later he gets treated like trash by fans on here, who then state that Hamer should be first choice, for what reason? Like Kasper & Schwarzer he has also made mistakes, plus he can't kick.

I wouldn’t play Hamer now cos I think his morale and confidence will probably have gone. He’s 27 so it’s not as if he’s a youngster who was just covering until a replacement was signed. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him leave on loan when Kasper’s back.

We’re stuck with Schwarzer, who in my opinion is the third best keeper at the Club.

Because he's performed better than Schmeichel?

Schmeichel has cost us as many through his ineptitude from set pieces as he's won us through his shot stopping. Teams in this league pick up on things like that,

Hamer has been lucky, Stoke & Hull really should of scored in our games against them, while Sunderland & Aston Villa were both poor against us, Villa hardly had a shot on target.

Hamer has made mistakes like Kasper has this season, his performance against Spurs at home well and truly cost us, has anybody picked that out instead if slating Kasper?

Plus his kicking in each and every game is diabolical, Kasper sometimes rushes his kicks but at least he has better accuracy.

We won a lot of games last season by one goal, that spell where we kept winning 2-1, in most of those games Kasper made key saves and if it wasn't for him, we would of probably dropped points.

Guest MattP

Should we go down I want to see us build a team for when we get back.

Never rated Schmeichel as he's poor on crosses and commanding the box. As a shot stopper he's great but you build from the back and Moore plus new centre halfs will be more confident with someone who doesn't flap behind them.

I don't care who other teams have, let's build properly next time.

Build a team in the Championship that can compete in the Premier League?

What are you suggesting?

Kasper has been utterly dire this season. In fact, the performance against QPR is probably the worst i've seen from a Leicester goalkeeper in the Prem.

Hamer has looked much better and his confident performances have been emulated by the side, which is why we've won more games with him in goal and have conceded the fewest goals to games with him in goal.

I like Kasper as much as the next but he needs to prove himself before he gets back into the side. Hamer being dropped for Schwarzer was just scandalous.

This in its entirety

3 average goalies

2 average right and left backs

Championship midfield

And 20m worth of strikers who are stuttering

One seriously misguided manager that thought he had a decent group to survive in the premier league with

Championship herd we come I suspect for at least two seasons

3 average goalies

2 average right and left backs

Championship midfield

And 20m worth of strikers who are stuttering

One seriously misguided manager that thought he had a decent group to survive in the premier league with

Championship herd we come I suspect for at least two seasons

Harsh on the strikers, Kramaric has started ok for me and Ulloa has got more than his fair share for a striker who cost 8million.

The midfield and defence whilst up here has looked a tad short should be more than capable a division lower, if we keep the same players and manager for next season there is no reason why we can't come back up.

Motivation could be the biggest problem.

Harsh on the strikers, Kramaric has started ok for me and Ulloa has got more than his fair share for a striker who cost 8million.

The midfield and defence whilst up here has looked a tad short should be more than capable a division lower, if we keep the same players and manager for next season there is no reason why we can't come back up.

Motivation could be the biggest problem.

Wow, having a dig at the squad's motivation now?

I think the squad have worked very well during games. Even though we've been having two rotten spells that would test any team's resolve, heads haven't dropped a lot.

Wow, having a dig at the squad's motivation now?

I think the squad have worked very well during games. Even though we've been having two rotten spells that would test any team's resolve, heads haven't dropped a lot.

You've completely mistook what I was saying.

Our motivation has been fine this season, what I mean is next season it could be a problem as instead of being a young hungry squad desperate to play in the Premier League we could have one containing a lot of players who know they actually aren't good enough to play in the Premier League.

It will be harder to motivate those sorts to the same level they were at last season given they know they would be done for were we to go up.

We moan at Schmeichel for not dealing with crosses but the outfield players also need to be held accountable. Look at how many attacking corners they've failed to score from, surely that shows that we're weak in the air, we seem to lack a bit of aggression. Oddly enough, our attacking set-pieces look better when Schmeichel is up there! 

We moan at Schmeichel for not dealing with crosses but the outfield players also need to be held accountable. Look at how many attacking corners they've failed to score from, surely that shows that we're weak in the air, we seem to lack a bit of aggression. Oddly enough, our attacking set-pieces look better when Schmeichel is up there! 

We really can't compare the two situations-- Kasper's only up front during a last-ditch effort to score; however, if the season's ever going to turn around, City will have to start converting more often on attacking set-pieces.

You've completely mistook what I was saying.

Our motivation has been fine this season, what I mean is next season it could be a problem as instead of being a young hungry squad desperate to play in the Premier League we could have one containing a lot of players who know they actually aren't good enough to play in the Premier League.

It will be harder to motivate those sorts to the same level they were at last season given they know they would be done for were we to go up.

Ah, I see.

Well, we seem to have a rather determined bunch of players here. I do not think motivation will be an issue, but rather focus and discipline will be key factors next season if we have gone down. Motivation would really only become an issue if players think they're too good to play at Championship level. I don't think there are more than a handful, if that, who have shown they are capable at this level.

Archived