Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Will1981

Schmeichel out for a month

I literally don't get what Hamer has done to deserve being called that. Not saying he's amazing but he hasn't been poor by any means. Not totally convinced by him but it's hard to slag him off too much.

You really think that?

Kicking aside, which can be worked on, I think he's our best goalkeeper and it's a shame he was dropped.

Hamer has made mistakes also, plus his kicking is as bad as Carl Ikeme, I'd rather have a keeper who can kick straight.

Yes we've had clean sheets with him in goal, but in some of those games how many times was Hamer properly tested? Wasilewski & Morgan tbf were doing a lot of great defending.

Kasper has delivered season after season, down the years if it wasn't for him you could probably take away at least 20 points, if he hadn't put in certain performances.

I think being called shit by Kingfox only strengthens the argument for him to start.

basically this. something that will benefit the team and piss kingfox off sounds like the best decision ever to me

Yep thumbs up if you want to endure shit kicking & the ball going out of play.

Gimme that over 'Mr Flappy, reaction time of a sloth' gifting opposition goals, or 'Mr Stuck To My Line' so defence under unnecessary pressure from any ball into the box

He's been in goal for 4 out of our 6 wins this season, and kept clean sheets in all of those games.

And been lucky do so... next you'll be telling me it was his skill that made Hull and Stoke miss chance after chance.

And been lucky do so... next you'll be telling me it was his skill that made Hull and Stoke miss chance after chance.

Absolutely. But we have little control over the oppositions profligacy. We can only go on his record.

Why do I keep seeing "lucky" on this forum. No such thing. Hamer has kept four clean sheets, the most at the club, end of. His kicking is woeful but that can be worked on, or even better, we could play it out from the back.

Kasper is much better than Hamer. Can't believe what I'm reading.

Forum nearly melted down over the summer with Kasper and his contract situation. Most people were underwhelmed when Hamer signed too.

He's not a bad keeper but he's not as good as Kasper, no way.

in fact id go as far as to say that benefitting the team and then pissing kingfox off would be the way I'd select every line up from now til forever

Having Simpson & Konchesky start benefits the team nowadays then?

They kept the same amount of clean sheets in the Championship last season. One was playing for the runaway title winners, one was playing for a relegation candidate. But yeah the one at the title winning Club must still definitely be better, no point even letting people try to point out the facts etc.

Can't decide if I want Schmeichel back in just to get rid of Schwarzer, with the hope that Schmeichel's learnt some of the basic 'keeping principles for this level of football while he's been laid off. Stuff like how to jump, how to catch a football, how to open your mouth and talk to your defenders, stuff like that.

More likely that when Schmeichel goes straight back in, any glimmering hopes we have of surviving will be emphatically extinguished. Absolute fraud at PL level.

They kept the same amount of clean sheets in the Championship last season. One was playing for the runaway title winners, one was playing for a relegation candidate. But yeah the one at the title winning Club must still definitely be better, no point even letting people try to point out the facts etc.

Can't decide if I want Schmeichel back in just to get rid of Schwarzer, with the hope that Schmeichel's learnt some of the basic 'keeping principles for this level of football while he's been laid off. Stuff like how to jump, how to catch a football, how to open your mouth and talk to your defenders, stuff like that.

More likely that when Schmeichel goes straight back in, any glimmering hopes we have of surviving will be emphatically extinguished. Absolute fraud at PL level.

Charlie Austin has more PL goals than Alexis Sanchez this season. Would you rather have Austin than Sanchez?

It's all a matter of opinion and unless you can analyse their respective performances down to the minutest detail and know their state of mind then it's pretty much down to guesswork and gut feeling.

But only one opinion counts and one presumes he has more of the above info than we do.

I guess it's fun debating it for most except those that get riled up about it.

I don't think any one of them is more outstanding than the others.

Kasper is much better than Hamer. Can't believe what I'm reading.

Forum nearly melted down over the summer with Kasper and his contract situation. Most people were underwhelmed when Hamer signed too.

He's not a bad keeper but he's not as good as Kasper, no way.

People had a ,meltdown because they had no idea how much Kasper would struggle this season. A top top goalkeeper needs to dominate his area and communicate and organise his defence, Kasper doesnt do that which is why he will never be a top keeper. Not saying Hamer is better pound for pound but he certainly in my opinion improves some of our flaws with the defence and how weak we are from crosses into the box. Maybe Huth will help Kasper a lot. I certainly hope so.

Would rather Kasper play instead of the old man that takes an hour to dive.

I just dont feel confident with any of our goalkeepers. Kasper doesn't do anything when teams cross the ball. I dont know if I have forgiven him for his positioning vs Burnley for that freekick lol

Charlie Austin has more PL goals than Alexis Sanchez this season. Would you rather have Austin than Sanchez?

They don't play the same position and there are far more things to judge the contributions of attacking players on than 'keepers so a pretty stupid argument really.

Archived