Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Will1981

Schmeichel out for a month

His distribution was poor against Stoke,would have been easier to kick it straight down the middle.

Like most, I was worried pre-match,and after 10 minutes I feared the worst,as the game went on he grew in confidence,and to be fair he did all right,so I think fans need to get behind him

Could this be the bit of luck on which a whole season can turn?

Of course I dont wish injury on any players, but he's been an absolute liability for weeks if not months, and can be attributed a large portion of the blame for a lot of the goals we've conceded so far.

lol anyone saying he had a good game against Villa obviously missed the part where he was beaten at his near post and made to look a mug by ALAN HUTTON ffs. He made a couple of good stops but he did not have a good game.

Fingers crossed Hamer steps up. I certainly think you put the first half at Stoke down to nerves, second half was very decent. Kicking needs work though.

Wonder what the thread title will be if Hamer spills one in to an attackers path like he did a few times against lower league teams in pre season. Another case of 'he's not playing, what we've got isn't good enough so the alternative must be better' simply put it isn't. By all means get behind him, hope he does the business, we need points, but this is not good news for the club.

His distribution was poor against Stoke,would have been easier to kick it straight down the middle.

Like most, I was worried pre-match,and after 10 minutes I feared the worst,as the game went on he grew in confidence,and to be fair he did all right,so I think fans need to get behind him

Have you watched Schmeichel's distribution? It was shocking last season (Not noticed quite as much because winning masks alot of things), still shocking this season.

Schmeichel is a decent Championship keeper, not cut out for the Premiership though, I fear it might be the same case for Hamer but this is his chance, this is a chance he deserves.

Leicester City goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel is facing up to six weeks on the sidelines after breaking his foot in training on Thursday, Nigel Pearson has revealed.

The Foxes No.1, who has started 14 of City’s 15 Barclays Premier League games this season, will undergo surgery on Friday. 

Summer signing Ben Hamer, who kept a clean sheet at Stoke City in his only Premier League appearance for the Foxes back in September, is set to make his home league debut against Manchester City on Saturday. 

“Kasper will be having an operation tomorrow on a metatarsal that he’s unfortunately broken this morning,” said Pearson. “There was no contact. It’s very unfortunate. Clearly the lad is distressed about it and he’ll be a big miss for us. What you have to do is deal with it – we can’t change it. 

“I’ve got an idea [of timescale] but the best thing to do is give an update on Saturday. Hopefully he’ll have the operation tomorrow. 

“An optimistic view would be four to six weeks but it could be longer. We don’t know what the surgeon will find when he deals with the situation. 

“Clearly when you miss your number one goalkeeper with a couple of days to go that’s not particularly helpful. We’ll deal with it because that’s how it is."

Read more at http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/schmeichel-sidelined-by-training-injury-2137960.aspx#HlFiy6PRL7HFdiJ2.99

He did some great saves on sunday - but in away, that is his problem - he is rooted to the goal line preparing to react and dive.

THis injury means Nigel avoids having to make a tough decision.... In management as in life, the easy things... are easy (e.g. opening champagne) - you succeed by be determined to do the difficult things.... like drop you keeper to the bench.  Kasper can be a better keeper if he reflects on these things.  Good luck Hamer.

Good chance for Hamer.

Good luck,

It'll be interesting to see if he's actually a different type of goalkeeper to Kasper or just a worse one.

It is amazing how fast people turn. Then again, on here, no maybe it's not.

If it wasn't for Kasper, we could have got utterly muullered at Villa Park. They carved us open like a knife through butter at times.

That said, good luck to Hamer. He has his chance to make those calling for his inclusion either correct, or look like utter berks.

Wonder what the thread title will be if Hamer spills one in to an attackers path like he did a few times against lower league teams in pre season. Another case of 'he's not playing, what we've got isn't good enough so the alternative must be better' simply put it isn't. By all means get behind him, hope he does the business, we need points, but this is not good news for the club.

You mean like Kasper did against Liverpool

Hamer could turn out to the most important signing of the summer with this news.

I'd be seriously concerned if we had Smith or Logan between the sticks, or loan in some random for a couple of months.

It's a blow, but Hamer was in goal for our one clean sheet away from home so far this season. Time for him to stake a claim.

I just hope Hamer is 100%..i think it was only 7 or 8 weeks ago when he had an operation on one of his fingers..not sure what typical recovery times are like for such injuries..can imagine it takes a few weeks just to get back normal function and movement, let alone stop shots and pluck crosses..hopefully it works out for us, thought he did quite well against Stoke

Archived