Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Will1981

Schmeichel out for a month

Hamer has made mistakes also, plus his kicking is as bad as Carl Ikeme, I'd rather have a keeper who can kick straight.

Yes we've had clean sheets with him in goal, but in some of those games how many times was Hamer properly tested? Wasilewski & Morgan tbf were doing a lot of great defending.

Kasper has delivered season after season, down the years if it wasn't for him you could probably take away at least 20 points, if he hadn't put in certain performances.

Absolute rubbish.

Guest MattP

We might be able to get away with Kasper playing three centre backs and Huth but it's still concerning a little given how poor he looked earlier in the year.

How Hamer will become third choice is beyond me. Statistically and visually our best keeper this season.

Charlie Austin has more PL goals than Alexis Sanchez this season. Would you rather have Austin than Sanchez?

But has Charlie Austin played better than Alexis Sanchez? Not in a million years.

Hamer has the better stats, which have come about via better performances. 

Nobody can say that Kasper has played better this season than Hamer. Kasper might well be the better keeper on paper, but Hamer has proven to be far more solid and the team has defended so much better with him in the sticks.

Hamer is our only keeper that looks like he controls the defence.

But has Charlie Austin played better than Alexis Sanchez? Not in a million years.

Hamer has the better stats, which have come about via better performances. 

Nobody can say that Kasper has played better this season than Hamer. Kasper might well be the better keeper on paper, but Hamer has proven to be far more solid and the team has defended so much better with him in the sticks.

Hamer is our only keeper that looks like he controls the defence.

Really? Which was the better keeping display - Hamer vs Stoke (away), where he looked like a donkey and was only spared by Stokes profligacy, or Kasper vs Villa, where he kept what should have been a 4/5 goal display down to two, both due to the defence failing him? Better stats don't mean better performances. Let's not kid around - Hamer may have 4 clean sheets, but of those only Villa at home he earned: stoke and Hull were ridiculously profligate, anyone would have kept a clean sheet when the opposition think the goal is in row Z and Newcastle were done over by an awful call from the ref.

Really? Which was the better keeping display - Hamer vs Stoke (away), where he looked like a donkey and was only spared by Stokes profligacy, or Kasper vs Villa, where he kept what should have been a 4/5 goal display down to two, both due to the defence failing him? Better stats don't mean better performances. Let's not kid around - Hamer may have 4 clean sheets, but of those only Villa at home he earned: stoke and Hull were ridiculously profligate, anyone would have kept a clean sheet when the opposition think the goal is in row Z and Newcastle were done over by an awful call from the ref.

How do you know Hamer wouldn't have saved those shots against Hull or Stoke had they been on target? You can't judge a player on hypothetical situations. Again it comes down to points won when he's in the team.

Ultimately, Pearson made a change believing it would improve the team, but it didn't.

What are you suggesting?

Kasper has been utterly dire this season. In fact, the performance against QPR is probably the worst i've seen from a Leicester goalkeeper in the Prem.

Hamer has looked much better and his confident performances have been emulated by the side, which is why we've won more games with him in goal and have conceded the fewest goals to games with him in goal.

I like Kasper as much as the next but he needs to prove himself before he gets back into the side. Hamer being dropped for Schwarzer was just scandalous.

How do you know Hamer wouldn't have saved those shots against Hull or Stoke had they been on target? You can't judge a player on hypothetical situations. Again it comes down to points won when he's in the team.

Ultimately, Pearson made a change believing it would improve the team, but it didn't.

I never said he wouldn't, the point is you can't call a clean sheet because the strikers decided to turn up in their slippers and bob off for a cup of tea and a nap half way through the first half evidence of a good performance.

The stats may favour Hamer, but Hamer is far from convincing, his distribution is shocking, his shot-stopping is average at best and his command of the area is far overstated - he's looked just as dodgy under the high ball as Kasper has - the only keeper that I've been confident with RE: crosses is Schwarzer.

Hamer gets off ridiculously lightly on here - made the exact same 'mistake' vs Spurs for their winner that Schmeichel made for Burnleys equaliser - positioning himself on the far side of the goal and expecting the wall to do its job and protect the near side. Schmeichel got crucified for it, Hamer got off scot free and the wall took the blame. Between him and Schmeichel, it's pretty much even but push comes to shove I'd take Schmeichel

As good as Schmeichel was against Villa lets not pretend Hamer's produced anything even close to the level of shit that Schmeichel did against QPR & Liverpool in the two games before that.

I've been seriously disappointed with Schwarzer. I thought he'd be a very sound addition and comfortably better than both despite his age.

The one thing for certain is that no one can argue Schwarzer is 1st choice. 

It's whether or not you believe that during his time out, Schmiechel has had time to look at his game and seen the improvements needed.

I think its unfair to suggest Hamer is a 'better' keeper than Schmeichel. Schmeichel was the best keeper in the league last year by a distance, and (not including the point at home to Yeovil!) won us more points than he cost us last year. 

He may not have performed to his best this year, and Hamer may have performed well, but i would still have Schmeichel as my first choice when fit again.

Absolute rubbish.

People weren't saying that over previous season's, Kasper has performed wonders & has made numerous match winning saves down the years, maybe even 3-4 in a game, just because we stormed the league last season, in quite a few games Kasper played a vital part.

Then come a season later he gets treated like trash by fans on here, who then state that Hamer should be first choice, for what reason? Like Kasper & Schwarzer he has also made mistakes, plus he can't kick.

All three have strengths and weaknesses. I'd prefer Hamer at present for the simple reason that with him in goal we concede less - much less - than the other two (about 0.9 goals a game compared with 1.8) corresponding to more points per game (Schwarzer 0.2, Kasper 0.5, Hamer 1.25). If that's down to him being lucky then I'd rather have a lucky keeper in goal than an unlucky one!

:)

Hamer kept clean sheets becuase the strikers he were playing were woeful and because the defence in front of him actually played well.  Its obvious that Hamer has not impressed during training.  Kasper first choice and Schwarzer back up for me

Guest MattP

All 3 goalies are a average, I'm hoping we get a new one next season whichever division we're in.

:blink:

At this level I agree, but you really think you are getting better than Kasper, Hamer and Schwarzer in the Championship or even need it?

At this level I agree, but you really think you are getting better than Kasper, Hamer and Schwarzer in the Championship or even need it?

I'd probably say Schwarzer is getting past his sell by date and wouldn't be many teams first choice in the championship by next season. Hamer and Kasper have absolutely proved they are number 1's at that level though.

Guest MattP

All 3 goalies are a average, I'm hoping we get a new one next season whichever division we're in.

Just to show how daft this point is the top two in the Championship now have Lee Grant and a keeper who made 100+ appearances for Hartlepool in the prime of his career in goal. The latter being the only Greek goalkeeper anyone here has ever seen who didn't even manage to play for Greece.

Schwarzer is steady and unspectacular. Precisely the sort of back-up keeper you need if you’re Chelsea.

Unfortunately, we don’t have Chelsea’s defence and so a steady goalkeeper isn’t much use to us. We need someone who is going to make great saves that win us points. Schwarzer isn’t going to do that. Every decent shot the opposition have had against him has gone in.  He reminds me of an OAP Shilton in the 1990 World Cup. Steady, but there’s just no way he’s even getting near a well-hit shot from the opposition.

Kasper has won us lots of games in previous years, although he has been disappointing this season.

Personally I was astonished when Hamer was dropped. People point to his poor distribution but I never noticed this in the Newcastle Cup game. Maybe he has been a little lucky but he has also provided much needed dominance of his box, and it’s unfair to put down all his good work to ‘luck’. Liverpool away for example was another clean sheet from open play.

Hamer has been our best keeper this season and should have stayed in the team until Kasper was fit at least. If I were Ben, I’d be right fvcked off right now and looking to move in the Summer. I mean, if you’re bought to be back-up keeper and wait your chance, but then find yourself replaced as soon as your chance comes along,, I’d really wonder what the point of staying at that club was.

People weren't saying that over previous season's, Kasper has performed wonders & has made numerous match winning saves down the years, maybe even 3-4 in a game, just because we stormed the league last season, in quite a few games Kasper played a vital part.

Then come a season later he gets treated like trash by fans on here, who then state that Hamer should be first choice, for what reason? Like Kasper & Schwarzer he has also made mistakes, plus he can't kick.

Because he's performed better than Schmeichel?

Schmeichel has cost us as many through his ineptitude from set pieces as he's won us through his shot stopping. Teams in this league pick up on things like that,

Should we go down I want to see us build a team for when we get back.

Never rated Schmeichel as he's poor on crosses and commanding the box. As a shot stopper he's great but you build from the back and Moore plus new centre halfs will be more confident with someone who doesn't flap behind them.

I don't care who other teams have, let's build properly next time.

Archived