Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

Negativity

I know we have had a very poor start to the season and there are a number of things to get disgruntled about but lets not all get too doom anf gloom, all that will achieve is the Levein leaving and even worse form.

We've played far better so far this season then we did all last season and at times we have deserved a lot more than we were given.

Please lets just all calm down and try be positive, thje playersa can pick up on the fans being negative and it never does any good.

We have a break now until we play Sheffield Wednesday at home, a game in which we stand a good chance of getting something.

I know we have had a very poor start to the season and there are a number of things to get disgruntled about but lets not all get too doom anf gloom, all that will achieve is the Levein leaving and even worse form.

We've played far better so far this season then we did all last season and at times we have deserved a lot more than we were given.

Please lets just all calm down and try be positive, thje playersa can pick up on the fans being negative and it never does any good.

We have a break now until we play Sheffield Wednesday at home, a game in which we stand a good chance of getting something.

We thought the same about Luton and Hull, and only managed 1 point.

There is a lot to be negative about after the last 2 games, but I'm sure I and many others will be positive again come the next game.

It's a natural reaction to express your concern and disappointment after our poor Bank Holiday weekend results, but we won't express our negativity in a form which hinders the players on the pitch.

I think Levien has to work on the Defending from set peices over this break , and attacking set peices.

We need Hughes back soon he gives us something different

I think Levien has to work on the Defending from set peices over this break , and attacking set peices.

He'd fookin' better, because it's getting really shambolic.

And yes, we bloody need Hughes back.

We thought the same about Luton and Hull, and only managed 1 point.

There is a lot to be negative about after the last 2 games, but I'm sure I and many others will be positive again come the next game.

It's a natural reaction to express your concern and disappointment after our poor Bank Holiday weekend results, but we won't express our negativity in a form which hinders the players on the pitch.

Luton and Hull are both far better sides than Sheff Wed, they also are still on a high from finishing in the top 2 last season.

I'm blaming anyone for being negative after these last 2 games, I'm just warning everyone not to get too down in the dumps.

We have gerrbrand and hughes to return yet...and remember the crap start Sunderland had last season,.be optimistic......its still early days.and we're playing better football already than last season....the right results will come :)

Luton and Hull are both far better sides than Sheff Wed, they also are still on a high from finishing in the top 2 last season.

I'm blaming anyone for being negative after these last 2 games, I'm just warning everyone not to get too down in the dumps.

I also think that Hull and Luton becuase they have been in the lower leagues for a number of years , know how to battle they never stop always crunching into challenges because they are used to it . Whereas we have been in the prem for a long time and we have players ala Williams that like the ball at there feet and dont like players going in hard on them. Gazza is a bit of a pansy when it comes to going for 50/50 balls he backs out of them , whereas players like Ian Ashbee are used to the rough and tumble of the lower leagues and chuck them selves into challenges.

Thats what i think anyway ;)

When you witness the same mistakes repeated over and over again (Defending and attacking set pieces) then it becomes increasingly frustrating. As a fan, there's nothing you can do about it. It's the manager who tells the players what to do. That's why I find it funny when Williams is being criticised for his corners - Levein has told him to do that. Granted, they're not very good (He's attempting to do a Gary McCallister, albeit extremely unsuccessfully) but don't get on his back for it.

We've played two promoted team, not conceded a goal from open play, but still only picked up one point from a possible six. A combination of poor defending at set pieces and not being incisive enough in the final third.

Hopefully the return of Hughes may sort the latter problem - Set pieces? Bleugh.

Look at where Norwich are at the moment, and yet I still expect them to be up there challenging at the end of the season. The last few league performances haven't been good but it is only six games in. We have improved upon last season marginally as points go, but also in style of play and the amount of goals we score. There are problems of course, mainly related to letting in goals, but we now have two weeks to work on that, the players have 'gelled' more now and we have a good chance of beating Wednesday. It is far too early in the season to judge anything, we knew that it'd take a while to get going because of all the new (and inexperienced) players, it's just hard for people to remember that when we're in the middle of it and have just watched a poor performance or disappointing defeat.

I'm not saying we're going to be great this season and get promoted, but I am saying that we'll get better, we'll have a run of good results at some point, we'll build up some confidence and we'll finish in the top half of the table. At the moment everything is still to play for and there is no need to start worrying.

Well I for one am getting sick and tired of seeing us fail to beat teams who frankly should not be in the same league as us.

Craig Levein has been manager of the FOXES for ten months now and during that time we have won one, yes ONE, away game. That's an appalling record in a league as weak as this (though the Championship is still light years ahead of the SPL).

The level of tactical ineptitude witnessed in the past two games has been a disgrace. Previous managers used to regard set-pieces (both attacking and defending) as a strength, yet under this regime they have become a glaring weakness which other managers (even P***r T****r) have been quick to exploit.

Both players and management have been unprofessional and treated us with contempt. Is it any wonder that so many FOXES have stopped going to the Way?

We deserve better. If CL is not capable of delivering it to us he should make way for someone who can!

A few months ago people were saying that seeing an improvement in the football would be preferable than grinding out wins with a boring style of play. This is, of course, not the case. Football is results driven, and we are not getting them, hence the negativity. Especially when we are losing points in the same way week in, week out. When several thousand fans can see the fatal flaw, yet the manager can't, you do begin to wonder. It's human nature.

A few wins in the next month will have us dreaming of promotion instead of looking over our shoulders. However I prefer to live in the 'here and now', not in the world of 'ifs and buts'.

Every week someone says we need to work on this, we need to work on that. What I'd ask is what do they work on in training cos I can see precious little evidence of any results from whatever coaching is going on.

To me the glaring shortcoming is our own corners/free kicks.

That has been evident for months. And what happens. Yawn. If you could see some ideas being attempted and failing fair enough, player fault. But where are the ideas?

I worry how some of these coaches ever get their badges.

Not that it surprises me because when I was coaching (football and squash) there were a whole lot of people attended courses and it was a foregone conclusion they would qualify even though loads of em were hopeless.

What the precise ratio of entrants who qualify for the various badges I don't know but in my experience I reckon fewer that 15 out of 100 have any real talent as coaches and nothing I've seen at City suggests we've got any of the 15 per cent at Leicester.

Levein has to deal with this.

Many of you have mentioned problems with zonal marking and with good reason. That system is all right for quality Premiership Internationals who have football brains, good game-reading skills, are familiar with the best coaching methods and have quality coaches to help them implement such ideas.

But, apart from emerging youngsters like Stearman, Championship defenders have shortcomings and coaching/tactics need to be simple. They just don't have the talent, understanding or adaptability for anything more complicated. Man marking is a much more simple concept, ie, when we're defending, win your personal battle with your opposite number.

Finally we're screaming out for an organisational leader at the back. Every manager needs one before everything else...and that man should be captain. We don't seem to have an on-pitch leader.

Well I for one am getting sick and tired of seeing us fail to beat teams who frankly should not be in the same league as us.

Craig Levein has been manager of the FOXES for ten months now and during that time we have won one, yes ONE, away game. That's an appalling record in a league as weak as this (though the Championship is still light years ahead of the SPL).

The level of tactical ineptitude witnessed in the past two games has been a disgrace. Previous managers used to regard set-pieces (both attacking and defending) as a strength, yet under this regime they have become a glaring weakness which other managers (even P***r T****r) have been quick to exploit.

Both players and management have been unprofessional and treated us with contempt. Is it any wonder that so many FOXES have stopped going to the Way?

We deserve better. If CL is not capable of delivering it to us he should make way for someone who can!

Jesus. Just because they are a "smaller" club does not mean we have a god given right to beat them. There are smaller clubs in higher leagues and bigger clubs in lower leagues.

So your answer is to once again sack a manager who is trying to rebuild the club from the ground up. Brilliant idea, lets bring in another manager, with other ideas of how to play, who wants all his own players here. So we have to get rid of everyone and start all over again.

Look at us under adams, couldn't pass, let in last minute goals etc etc etc How people cannot see the improvement is beyond me. We are a damn site healthier as a club than we were this time last year. Points wise maybe not at the minute, but everything else we use to moan about has changed for the better.

Look what happens to teams who chop and change their manager constantly because they aren't top of the league in ten months. They end up going down!!!

Sorry are we bottom with no points???

No wonder this club is in such a mess if fans think this has been a "very poor start".

Points wise it has been a very poor start to the season, we are 18th that says it all!

However like I pointed out in my post we playing a lot better than last season and so far we have seen a number of positives coming from the team.

I'm not that worried at the minute, i'm pissed off with the last few games but it's pointless getting negative about it all. We aren't going up this season, I was pretty certain of that before we kicked a ball this season. I think it will take time for this club to improve greatly and I fear that when we do become a force to be reckoned with in this league and perhaps the premiership that Levein might not be with us. Someone might inherit his team and succeed, but it's taken a brave man like Levein to come in and build something for the future instead of being short minded for personal gain like Adams and even O'Neill to a certain extent was.

I think the team he's piecing together is excellent and if they can gel and take their chances then we'll maximise our potential and be in and around the top 6. I think this team will be extremely strong for this league in a year or two's time like many teams who have built up a squad such as Reading, Sheffield United, Preston, Derby and Ipswich.

As i've said all along, aslong as we improve each season and play proper football then i'll be relatively happy. I want a team who as a fan I can relate to and that takes a few years to build up, even if we are in this league for another 3 or 4 years I want us to build a strong team with exciting young players who we can be proud of. This team will get stronger and stronger trust me.

If Levein can get them doing the simple things right then we'll get better as the season goes on, but the fans are already getting angry and he needs to do it quick. That's his job though and there's no excuses for not getting our players fundamentally prepared to play football such as defending set pieces and taking chances.

I think we play brilliant now play excellent football but there are plenty of mistakes made so far, although we cannot really critisize the team or manager just yet because lets face it, this is a brand new side still and they're playing a whole new system compared to the one last year.

Obviously being such a new team the essence of the playing style is there but the cracks need to be filled in and then the team needs ot be polished.

That can only come with hard work on the coaching to fix the noted problems and expirence overtime as a playing unit.

The defence isn't settled at all yet but the makings are there, they're still not sure of each other, but once they do... don't any of you see the potential we could have?

And that applies to throughout the park.

There are problems that Levein probably didn't suspect before the opening games and now that he's taken note, now he's got the time and knows what things to sort out, (tightening the defence even more.)

Also starting off the blocks quicker would be helpful.

But being negative about your team so early in the season when this side's not really been all together yet nor anywhere near full strength.

The makings are there, they just needs a few more things sorting out which time is one of them.

I'm giving them the 10 games that I planned to give before passing my judgement... I might even extend it to some more.

And one more note, which team started off the blocks late last year and ended up champions and back in the premiership??

This is football... things don't go to plan... EVER!!

Archived