Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest MattP

Cricket 2015

I still think Ali bats, it is invaluable to have someone like him coming in at 8, he took the game away from Australia so many times in the Ashes. I don't think it's fair the front line spinner's job has been thrust onto him, he's a part timer who had a great series against a very poor India side.

Cook

Compton (Probably Hales)

Bell

Root

Taylor

Stokes (if fit)

Bairstow

Ali

Broad

Anderson

Finn

Really? Damn, it worked for me. Here, try again. http://www.newstatesman.com/staggers/2015/07/cricket-britain-under-threat-its-own-success

If not, Google 'New Statesman cricket victim success' and it's the first link, that's worked for me too.

Agree about the spinners, Amla and and AB would put them both somewhere over Table Mountain. Go with a four prong seam attack and pray.

Cheers, a lot of things I agree with there, harsh words on the state/public school thing though, I can't ever remember so many state school players in an England team as we have now, Anderson, Wood, Patel, Ali, Bairstow, Stokes, Buttler, Bell, Rashid, Root - I don't think in many generations have we had more players from non-public schools.

I don't think there is any sort of correlation though between success and how many people watch a sport, we should be brilliant at football and hopeless at cycling if that was the case lol - I wouldn't be against putting a match on a free to air channel though, I still think we could easily allow county championship fixtures to be shown on BBC3 while it's dormant until 7pm.

I still think Ali bats, it is invaluable to have someone like him coming in at 8, he took the game away from Australia so many times in the Ashes. I don't think it's fair the front line spinner's job has been thrust onto him, he's a part timer who had a great series against a very poor India side.

Cook

Compton (Probably Hales)

Bell

Root

Taylor

Stokes (if fit)

Bairstow

Ali

Broad

Anderson

Finn

No Wood?

I agree with how harsh it is on Ali, but without his job as the spinner he doesn't get into the team as a batsman.

Moeen has fallen into the trap from a few years ago that Bairstow/Bopara off the top of my head fell into a few years ago when the batting line up was sorted (our #1 era) except for number 6, where i'm sure we tried a number of players who never really got the time to get big runs and lost their place in the team. As a Worcs fan i'm not aware of Moeen ever opening for us in the 4 day game, he's a 3 or 4. Having him coming in lower than Stokes (even Buttler on current form) in the Ashes I still don't understand, they're all quick scorers when they need to be but Moeen I would say can be more patient than both, remember how he almost saved the Sri Lanka match 2014? He's far too good a batsman to be coming in at 8, but I don't think he's an opener either. And to be fair he's never been Worcs main spinner since we usually get an OS to fill that role.

Nope, it was hilarious, the commentators were laughing at it.

Too easy for Pakistan this, just see off the seamers then feast on Ali and Rashid, copy of the test series.

It's about time the ICC introduced some sort of handicapping system and gave us +75 runs at the start of each innings, or make the opposition start with 9 wickets down and tie the number 11 batsman's arms behind his back.

That's two centuries and a 244* in his last three innings, scandalous form and glad we are nowhere near him, only watched the last session this morning but amazed at how toothless the New Zealand attack looked even on a decent pitch.

We're batting first in the ODI, I think we need to score 300 for us to be able to apply any pressure with our spinners.

40 light after that start, over to our slow bowlers...  :ph34r:

Pakistan 2/1 to win, that's surely worth a bet here?

Who is backing our bowlers to defend this at 2/5? :blink:

Archived