Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

City Flags

Not enough gold on them imho.

The back to the future one is tosh tbqfh. The idea is great but Marty just looks like a melted wax work of himself. Fair play for giving it a go.

The Italian one is one of my favourites though

Given that he's painted it himself, I reckon it looks awesome.

• Like 1

Not enough gold on them imho.

The back to the future one is tosh tbqfh. The idea is great but Marty just looks like a melted wax work of himself. Fair play for giving it a go.

That's solved that then, it won't be going anywhere near the kop.

The idea behind it was, in bttf2 when Marty is in the square at the start, he sees the Cubs have won the World Series on the screen, a bloke behind him says 'yeah a 100-1 shot', Marty then goes on about how they played Miami in the final (in 1985 Miami didn't have a team) and the old boy says 'I wish I could go back and put some money on the Cubbies'.

Hence Marty buys the almanac. The pedantics will notice the line was from the second film, the picture from the first. :)

It started out similar to Danny's flag in stencil form, didn't work so went full colour.

Hey ho, it was only a 3 quid flag so I've lost nothing. 2 from me then for the kop. lol

ETA. A close up of the melted wax work lol lol

273f46fb94d855c588cf4ecee6b22b5b_zpse3jo

Edited by promised land
  • Like 1

Typical English mentality.

who are ya

The idea behind it was, in bttf2 when Marty is in the square at the start, he sees the Cubs have won the World Series on the screen, a bloke behind him says 'yeah a 100-1 shot', Marty then goes on about how they played Miami in the final (in 1985 Miami didn't have a team) and the old boy says 'I wish I could go back and put some money on the Cubbies'.

Hence Marty buys the almanac. The pedantics will notice the line was from the second film, the picture from the first. :)

It started out similar to Danny's flag in stencil form, didn't work so went full colour.

Hey ho, it was only a 3 quid flag so I've lost nothing. 2 from me then for the kop. lol

Mate don't listen to me I'm a dick. Close up that looks phenomenal! Absolutely beaut. Only from a distance it looks like a melted wax work. Get it up

That it class, would look great in the kop. Don't let one comment put you off, not everyone has to like it. As long as you like it who cares what others think. And the fact they take bloody hours on end to make, you should be proud mate! Just finished a hand painted one myself, will post a pic later.

That ' Back to the Future ' inspired one is the best idea for a flag in ages. Get it up!

lol, where's that art critic who said it looked like a shite wax work now?

Just been back to the palette for a dabble.

From this....

To this....

3728465e2d23850bbbe9573f2ffe8693_zps4800

Any better?

Edited by promised land
  • Like 4

image.jpg

Like this?

Yeah spot on in my opinion! When photos like your original version get printed they don't come out very well, best to use big blocky shapes with a lot of contrast imo.

image.jpg

Like this?

Yeah spot on in my opinion! When photos like your original version get printed they don't come out very well, best to use big blocky shapes with a lot of contrast imo.

Is Ultrasshop the best place to get a flag like this printed?

Is Ultrasshop the best place to get a flag like this printed?

Yes in my opinion. I've ordered 10 or so from there and the quality is spot on every time. No issues ordering from abroad, you can email them in English and they respond straight away. The price can't be beaten, the equivalent from Football Flags in the UK would be at least twice as expensive! And they're all B2 fire retardant and you get a certificate with the order.

Yes in my opinion. I've ordered 10 or so from there and the quality is spot on every time. No issues ordering from abroad, you can email them in English and they respond straight away. The price can't be beaten, the equivalent from Football Flags in the UK would be at least twice as expensive! And they're all B2 fire retardant and you get a certificate with the order.

Cheers pal, just ordered it.

Guest CityFan 06

6 more ordered this weekend, space will be at a premium :D

6 ordered from yourself or collectively from others? I presume you want them in the current gaps at the back of the Kop?  

Edited by LeicsFox06

6 ordered from yourself or collectively from others? I presume you want them in the current gaps at the back of the Kop?

All flags are down mate. They'll go up in a different order so we'll do our best to minimise any gaps.