Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

City Flags

Guest CityFan 06

There is plenty of space at the back of the East Stand for future flags, and if the flags are allowed like they are in the Kop, it could look superb. Family Stand has great potential too, and there's already some flags at the back.

Guest CityFan 06

Just out of interest what software are people using to design there flags?

I've tried on paint and it's stupidly hard

Might sound irregular, but I'm using PowerPoint and mainly Google docs. With Google docs, you can edit the image into a range of background scales, and then input your text/images.

For instance on that Filbert Way Euro flag above, I've used a gray scale which looks to me iconic and blends in well with the text. You can also set up your adjustments for contrast, brightness etc with Google docs.

Don't worry though mate, it can be tricky to make flag designs and it can take patience. I've improved with the more I keep attempting the designs. Hope that helps.

Edited by LeicsFox06

Might sound irregular, but I'm using PowerPoint and mainly Google docs. With Google docs, you can edit the image into a range of background scales, and then input your text/images.

For instance on that Filbert Way Euro flag above, I've used a gray scale which looks to me iconic and blends in well with the text. You can also set up your adjustments for contrast, brightness etc with Google docs.

Don't worry though mate, it can be tricky to make flag designs and it can take patience. I've improved with the more I keep attempting the designs. Hope that helps.

cheers will have a go on PowerPoint, is it possible to cut out an image from a Google picture on there?

Out of interest, how many have you actually ordered from all the designs you've posted as let's be honest you do put dozens up on these pages, post 601 you said you were going to order that one, then post 609 you put up a load of designs, now you've created another.

Have these arrived yet and can we see them?

Guest CityFan 06

cheers will have a go on PowerPoint, is it possible to cut out an image from a Google picture on there?

I'm not overly sure. It probably depends on what level of subscription of PowerPoint you use. I know it's easier on Google docs though from what I've done.

Guest CityFan 06

Out of interest, how many have you actually ordered from all the designs you've posted as let's be honest you do put dozens up on these pages, post 601 you said you were going to order that one, then post 609 you put up a load of designs, now you've created another.

Have these arrived yet and can we see them?

I know I apologise as I do post quite a few images of potential flags! Currently in the process of deciding which flag design to order but if/when I do get one made, I will definitely post a picture of it on the thread. I also post the numerous designs in case there's a particular design that someone on here really likes and wants to order/gain inspiration from.

Edited by LeicsFox06

Just out of interest what software are people using to design there flags?

I've tried on paint and it's stupidly hard

I use Gimp, which is basically a free version of Photoshop with a few less functionalities. Only probably is that Gimp only works in 'raster' rather than 'vector', so you need to use another program called Inkscape to vector the images when you're done, so you don't lose the quality when the images get blown up. They're both free to download:

https://www.gimpshop.com/

https://inkscape.org/en/

There's loads of tutorials on Youtube to get you started! 

Guest CityFan 06

Would love a Leicester flag my self, the only problem I have is my computer designing and painting skills are about as good as josh lows footballing skills

Could I help? I can have a go for you at designing one if you give me the details? 

Guest CityFan 06

feel free mate, I'm not going decline no help lol

What would you like on your flag then? Colours, text, images etc. I'll give it a go and see if you like the designs. Of course, don't feel like you have to like it.

Guest CityFan 06

@@BradyLCFC Here you go mate. Fairly simple designs but let me know if they are alright for you. If you order one, you can specify your dimensions and width of your flag usually. The sizing of the current attached flags need to be wider IMO, but hopefully these give you the foundational designs.

Different shades of blue

post-19049-0-07440600-1466284396_thumb.p     post-19049-0-43502300-1466284397_thumb.p

post-19049-0-39509600-1466280136_thumb.p      post-19049-0-01593300-1466284399_thumb.p

post-19049-0-78716800-1466280147_thumb.p      post-19049-0-25240700-1466284400_thumb.p       

Edited by LeicsFox06

@@BradyLCFC Here you go mate. Fairly simple designs but let me know if they are alright for you. If you order one, you can specify your dimensions and width of your flag usually. The sizing of the current attached flags need to be wider IMO, but hopefully these give you the foundational designs.

Screenshot 2016-06-18 at 8.52.08 PM.png Screenshot 2016-06-18 at 8.50.09 PM.png

Screenshot 2016-06-18 at 8.51.03 PM.png

they're decent designs to be fair but aren't they the wrong colour of blue?

Oh and the first flag... Please check YOU'RE spelling ;)

Edited by LCFC FOX

Guest CityFan 06

they're decent designs to be fair but aren't they the wrong colour of blue?

Oh and the first flag... Please check YOU'RE spelling ;)

Ah no, I forgot the 'you're!' Thanks mate  :D

As regards to the blue, yeah I suppose your right actually.  I will upload them in a different shade of blue now - darker blue.