Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Another TO Balls Up

...or not, depends on who you believe

“In order to ensure that seats in high demand are not left unoccupied, deadlines are placed on the purchase of tickets reserved under these initiatives. These deadlines are clearly communicated to community applicants when tickets are reserved. In this instance, tickets reserved by the party in question had not been purchased before the notified deadline and were subsequently released on general sale.”

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Parents-furious-school-trip-watch-Leicester-City/story-25894130-detail/story.html#ixzz3PTPIP7WX 
Follow us: @Leicester_Merc on Twitter | leicestermercury on Facebook

I sit around the C1/C2 area and to be quite honest they're a pain in the arse.

I imagine that is the area they were going to sit as that is where all the grassroots kids sit.

Numerous complaints have been put in by people around me, no exaggeration we miss up to 10 minutes of a match because of getting up and down and kids/the adults with them don't know where they sit blocking up the aisle in numbers.

They go pitchside before the match, then we have to deal with the fuss that is made when they make their way back to their seats as the game kick-offs which I timed on Saturday because of people standing in the aisle and having to get up and down I missed the first 3 minutes, then i'm up and down around the 30 minute mark because they all want food and drinks add in toilet runs every 5 minutes for various kids.

Also half of time the kids aren't even intrested in the game.

Now i'm not against kids going to games, they are the future fans but a whole they really aren't interested. This along with the fact they should be put in the family stand imo, I saw a STH get into an altercation with an adult involved with the kids the other week, the women who was involved with the kids said 'don't sit here if you've got a problem with it' the STH and many around me have sat there for years, why should they/we move? The 'Just The Ticket' perk go took away from us and now not only do we have the 'privilage' of having to pay extra money but we also have to put up with the grassroots kids (When we had the JTT we didn't have the grassroots debacle).

I imagine that is the area they were going to sit as that is where all the grassroots kids sit.

Numerous complaints have been put in by people around me, no exaggeration we miss up to 10 minutes of a match because of getting up and down and kids/the adults with them don't know where they sit blocking up the aisle in numbers.

They go pitchside before the match, then we have to deal with the fuss that is made when they make their way back to their seats as the game kick-offs which I timed on Saturday because of people standing in the aisle and having to get up and down I missed the first 3 minutes, then i'm up and down around the 30 minute mark because they all want food and drinks add in toilet runs every 5 minutes for various kids.

Now i'm not against kids going to games, they are the future fans but a whole they really aren't interested. This along with the fact they should be put in the family stand imo, I saw a STH get into an altercation with an adult involved with the kids the other week, the women who was involved with the kids said 'don't sit here if you've got a problem with it' the STH and many around me have sat there for years, why should they/we move? The 'Just The Ticket' perk go took away from us and now not only do we have the 'privilage' of having to pay extra money but we also have to put up with the grassroots kids (When we had the JTT we didn't have the grassroots debacle).

I totally agree with you on all of that but We actually did have the grassroots debacle it's just that it was happening in around where I sit in A1/A2 last season instead

Spot on here. 

Totally agree that half of the kids aren't interested. I wanted to get angry at them for celebrating each Liverpool goal and then did realise they are just kids. Same for Man City and Spurs matches. Also for the Liverpool match, the parents and kids got there about 2.30 to sort out their seats. Then they went down to pitchside and they come back up and still have difficulty sorting out their seats and it is a real annoyance when you're up and down for about 10 minutes. 

Regarding this issue, I find the attitude of the parents here quite disappointing. The club aren't intentionally 'sending kids home crying'. There's also a bit of ineptitude and incompetence from the parents. 

They enquired about tickets.

They were told tickets would be available and given a reference for when they do buy them

They didn't buy them in time

Club policy states (and probably always has done) that if tickets aren't bought in time then they are released to Gen. Sale

Parents/Kids lose out

How is that the club's fault?

They were told tickets would be available and given a reference for when they do buy them

Club policy states (and probably always has done) that if tickets aren't bought in time then they are released to Gen. Sale

Parents/Kids lose out

Except the school are saying that the rules/time about buying them wasn't actually communicated to them, and even then a member of staff still went to the ticket office before the deadline and it wasn't actually open.

Fosse Primary School headteacher Richard Stone said: “When our member of staff asked directly about payment no mention was made of any deadline by which the tickets needed to be purchased. No mention was made at any time that the tickets would be released for sale if not picked up by Friday at 5.00pm.

A member of staff did, in fact, try to pick up the tickets on Friday afternoon but the ticket sales office was not open even though it states tickets can be purchased up to 6pm.

Despite numerous calls no-one from the club has made the effort to talk to us.

We feel let down that we appear to be being blamed for Leicester City’s poor communication and that 11 young children who were expecting a great day out at their local club have not even received an apology."

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Parents-furious-school-trip-watch-Leicester-City/story-25894130-detail/story.html#ixzz3PeDZefbM 

Follow us: @Leicester_Merc on Twitter | leicestermercury on Facebook

I sit in C1 and its the same thing right along my row kids are up and down every 2 minutes going to get food and drink, but to be honest as much as it annoys me not much we can do about it

It's the same where I sit  right along my row adults arriving late and leaving early are up and down every 2 minutes going to the toilet and to get food and drink, but to be honest as much as it annoys me not much we can do about it :P 

Spot on here.

Totally agree that half of the kids aren't interested. I wanted to get angry at them for celebrating each Liverpool goal and then did realise they are just kids. Same for Man City and Spurs matches. Also for the Liverpool match, the parents and kids got there about 2.30 to sort out their seats. Then they went down to pitchside and they come back up and still have difficulty sorting out their seats and it is a real annoyance when you're up and down for about 10 minutes.

Regarding this issue, I find the attitude of the parents here quite disappointing. The club aren't intentionally 'sending kids home crying'. There's also a bit of ineptitude and incompetence from the parents.

Parents/Kids lose out

**** these kids take it well serious now. 2.30 for a 7.45 ko for Liverpool. I would have hoped they would still be in school then.

but if they can bring some ultras shit then fair play for turning up 5 hrs early.

ps why were you there so early?

• 4 weeks later...

Ask to move your season tickets simple. Always a load of old moaning Gits on this forum . And I will be there on te westham game with my under 7's team so another game for you to enjoy !

And before u say it im a season ticket holder from sk1 so I do support my team every game as does my son who will be flag bearing for westham .

You knew from game 1 this season that C1 would be like that so surely if it's that bad then ask to move for that reason ?

Ask to move your season tickets simple. Always a load of old moaning Gits on this forum . And I will be there on te westham game with my under 7's team so another game for you to enjoy !

And before u say it im a season ticket holder from sk1 so I do support my team every game as does my son who will be flag bearing for westham .

You knew from game 1 this season that C1 would be like that so surely if it's that bad then ask to move for that reason ?

I've sat there for 10 years, why should I move?

I know people around me, why should they move, as surely you know people who sit around you.

I didn't know it would be like this since game 1, there was no warning or information telling me this would be the case.

All i'm saying is wouldn't the family stand be a more suitable area.

Archived