Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sbfox

Febian Brandy

Heard from a mate that Brandy is/will be on trial with us soon. Trying to get his source, but anyone connected know anything?

Note: Mods feel free to delete/close while I get better confirmation on this...

There is a reserve game behind closed doors v Wolves so maybe he is involved in that? :unsure:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Febian_Brandy

On 12th January 2011 Febian Brandy joins Leicester City FC in the Football League Championship, on trial, under the guidance of Sven Goran Ericsson after 8 months out from a metatarsal injury, after leaving Manchester United FC. [15] (apparently source is sky sports...)

BS?

(why am i quoting wikipedia? lol)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Febian_Brandy

On 12th January 2011 Febian Brandy joins Leicester City FC in the Football League Championship, on trial, under the guidance of Sven Goran Ericsson after 8 months out from a metatarsal injury, after leaving Manchester United FC. [15] (apparently source is sky sports...)

BS?

(why am i quoting wikipedia? lol)

As that's my birthday I hope it's a good omen! :D

Was on Sky Sports News this morning, hes training with us.

Heard a few clubs after him, Swindon, Toronto, Hull etc so should be decent if he can get back fit.

He's played for England 17 times and played all the U20 games last year in the World Cup in Egypt. Sven knows him from Manchester City probs...

Dunno why Man U let him go???? Their loss is our gain...! :chant:

He can't score....bags of pace, loads of application but can't hit the net and that's why no club who've had him on loan took the plunge of a permo deal.

Has a good goal and assist record on ESPN stats.

Roberto Martinez made an offer of £150k which was rejected by Manchester United

Barcelona reportedly offered £1m when he was 16 during their tour of Spain (ESPN Soccernet)

Gillingham (Mark Stimson) asked for him to extend his loan but recalled to Manchester United (BBC Sport)

Hull asked for him but they have 7 strikers (BBC Sport)

Had a good 1st half of season before he was released by Man U...

Maybe Sven knows something? I think they are playing him out wide to cut inside....and double up as a striker with the YAK!

From what I've read and heard about this young Febian Brandy, he seems to be very similar to Bernard Parker. Sven is probably planning to go for one or the other. It seems likely to me that it was never between Yukubu and Parker as to who would arrive. I think it is set to be Yukubu and either Brandy or Parker. Expect at least one of them to be signed.

He can't score....bags of pace, loads of application but can't hit the net and that's why no club who've had him on loan took the plunge of a permo deal.

Are you talking about Dwyer?

From what I've read and heard about this young Febian Brandy, he seems to be very similar to Bernard Parker. Sven is probably planning to go for one or the other. It seems likely to me that it was never between Yukubu and Parker as to who would arrive. I think it is set to be Yukubu and either Brandy or Parker. Expect at least one of them to be signed.

Parkers moved on... :crylaugh:

Looks like the OP is spot on.

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/news/Leicester-City-Manchester-United-striker-trial/article-3131367-detail/article.html?

Leicester City take former Manchester United striker on trial

Leicester City are taking a look at former Manchester United and England under-20 striker Febian Brandy.

The 21-year-old, who played with former City loanee Tom Clevereley for both United and England, has been training with City for the last two weeks in the hope of earning a contract.

Brandy, who has been capped by England at every level from under-16s to under-20s, was released by Sir Alex Ferguson last summer after joining United as a nine-year-old and is a free agent.

The 5ft 6in striker, who can play down the middle or in a wide position, was a prominent member of the United youth team and scored the winner against Juventus in the 2007 Champions Youth Cup final.

He became a regular in the United reserve side before joining Swansea City for two loan spells in 2008 and 2009, making 19 and 14 appearances respectively and scoring three times during his first loan spell at the Liberty Stadium.

He also enjoyed successful spells on loan at Hereford United and Gillingham, and has scored twice in four appearances for England under-20s. Both goals came on his debut in the 5-0 victory over Montenegro in August, 2009. Cleverley also scored twice.

Brandy's agent, Jamie Holsgrove, of One Sport Ltd of Manchester, said the striker's time with City had been going well.

"Febian can play in a number of positions," he said.

"He's turned down a few options to come here and prove himself. I haven't seen too many ex-England internationals available on free transfers in this window."

Meanwhile, it appears South African striker Bernard Parker has given up on joining City by signing for Greek outfit Panserraikos on loan until the rest of the season.

City had agreed a fee with Parker's Dutch club FC Twente but were waiting to see the outcome of other transfer moves before completing the deal, and it appears the 24-year-old has decided to move elsewhere.

"Obviously, we had him here for seven to 10 days and he did very well, but I don't know about his present contractual arrangements or whether he has signed for another club," said City assistant manager Derek Fazackerley.

"If that is the case then that is the case."

Archived