Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

3 months that has proved what every fox fan knows, but cant get used to.

Its never boring being a blue fox .........is it ????

We are a sort of a mix of different gamesof .'who dunnit, Cluedo, Conspiracy, Patience, with a smidgen of Suprise-Suprise.'

We should be called footballs 5 spice.

Have said this many times before. List all the things that have happened to our club within the last 20 years and there's no other team that compares....

To begin:

2 Prem relegations

1 Championship relegation

2 play-off semi final defeats (one with the Deeney moment)

2 League Cup wins

1 League Cup final defeat

Winning The Championship

Championship runners-up

Winning League One

Stadium move

Two takeovers

Administration

Europe

La Manga x 2

Thai sex scandal

Wise sacking incident

4 managers in one season

Player having a heart attack at half time

Vote to change the club's name

The greatest of great escapes

Play off victory

Sven

Breaking our transfer record

I'm sure there are plenty more that I've forgotten but already I know that there's no other club out there that compares. Never boring!

We're the most entertaining club around, and the next chapter is going to be one of the wildest rides yet whichever way it ends up going. It's brilliant drama.

This is a great example of how words can be used to make something sound more appealing than it really is.

What you're actually celebrating in your post is change, not success. Nevermind if this section of the ride leads us downward, at least things are changing and change is always a good thing because it's 'dramatic' and 'exciting'.

Who knows what is going to happen next? We could be in the champions league within three seasons the way things are going. All I know is that drama is always guaranteed with Leicester and expect the unexpected

This is a great example of how words can be used to make something sound more appealing than it really is.

What you're actually celebrating in your post is change, not success. Nevermind if this section of the ride leads us downward, at least things are changing and change is always a good thing because it's 'dramatic' and 'exciting'.

I didn't say it was exciting I said it was entertaining and dramatic. Both good and bad things can be entertaining and dramatic and frequently are. Deeeeeney was terrible but was incredibly dramatic and entertaining, for example.

What you're really trying to say though is that change is bad and we should have kept Pearson forever because Pearson would have kept us moving forwards. You're forgetting we're Leicester City, we go much further than we have done with a manager like Pearson and the big clubs come knocking and he's gone anyway. Change in football is inevitable. Get used to it if you want to keep your sanity supporting a club like Leicester.

I didn't say it was exciting I said it was entertaining and dramatic. Both good and bad things can be entertaining and dramatic and frequently are. Deeeeeney was terrible but was incredibly dramatic and entertaining, for example.

What you're really trying to say though is that change is bad and we should have kept Pearson forever because Pearson would have kept us moving forwards. You're forgetting we're Leicester City, we go much further than we have done with a manager like Pearson and the big clubs come knocking and he's gone anyway. Change in football is inevitable. Get used to it if you want to keep your sanity supporting a club like Leicester.

I don't know what you're trying to get at now. Is change a good thing or a bad thing? I can't tell from that first paragraph.

Of course I accept that change is inevitable sometimes. The point I made to you was that it isn't always something that ought to be celebrated, you appear to disagree.

Guest MattP

I appreciate we make the most of our incidents more than most, but it does seem like we're involved in more of these moments than nearly any other club.

We bring a hell of a lot of it on ourselves don't we? I still chuckle at the Sven appointment - not even the Hartlepool directors fell for him and we did.

The next few years will certainly be entertaining, I don't see us putting together such a successful and likeable squad as this one again though for a long long time.

I don't know what you're trying to get at now. Is change a good thing or a bad thing? I can't tell from that first paragraph.

Of course I accept that change is inevitable sometimes. The point I made to you was that it isn't always something that ought to be celebrated, you appear to disagree.

It can be good and it can be bad, but with us it's more often than not dramatic and entertaining.

I appreciate we make the most of our incidents more than most, but it does seem like we're involved in more of these moments than nearly any other club.

Part of this is true, because we exaggerate our own news. But it does seem like especially this season, we have been in the media more than any other club, apart from the big four. apart from United and Chelsea we must have had the most exposure.

Harry lcfc and Frank to be..confirming my point, go on lads nothing better than a good fight..

or are you like my daughters, 'Papa we are not fighting or arguing, we are just discussing, just like you and mama'

We bring a hell of a lot of it on ourselves don't we? I still chuckle at the Sven appointment - not even the Hartlepool directors fell for him and we did.

The next few years will certainly be entertaining, I don't see us putting together such a successful and likeable squad as this one again though for a long long time.

Massive point in what you've just said for me.

The biggest thing we lost the first time Pearson departed was that connection between fans and players. At the end of that Cardiff semi-final it was so tangible before being torn apart by Sousa and Sven.

As a supporter it's so nice to have that collective feeling and we got it back over the last three years. You just know now that we might sign technically better players, more expensive ones, but that bond and sense of unity will not remain.

Guest MattP

Completely agree. I'd not fell in love with a squad like this one for a long long time. To have people who genuinely work hard and care is so hard to find, to get that along with a successful group is almost impossible.

It's something that owners, pundits and pop stars just wouldn't understand.

Have said this many times before. List all the things that have happened to our club within the last 20 years and there's no other team that compares....

To begin:

2 Prem relegations

2 League Cup wins

Winning The Championship

Championship runners-up

Winning League One

Stadium move

Two takeovers

Administration

Europe

La Manga x 2

Thai sex scandal

Wise sacking incident

4 managers in one season

Play off victory

Sven

I'm sure there are plenty more that I've forgotten but already I know that there's no other club out there that compares. Never boring!

Add to that "Keeper attacks fan who ran on the pitch to throw his season ticket at him"

Treasured memories

Completely agree. I'd not fell in love with a squad like this one for a long long time. To have people who genuinely work hard and care is so hard to find, to get that along with a successful group is almost impossible.

It's something that owners, pundits and pop stars just wouldn't understand.

You old romantic lol

I agree though, the revolving door throughout most of the 2000s made it hard to build up any real affinity for the players. This is the first settled squad we've had in a long time and it has been great. But progress is progress. We might have a settled squad again in two years, one that's finishing 6th instead of being rock bottom most of the season. That's just me being positive again though.

To begin:

2 Prem relegations

2 League Cup wins

Winning The Championship

Championship runners-up

Winning League One

Stadium move

Two takeovers

Administration

Europe

La Manga x 2

Thai sex scandal

Wise sacking incident

4 managers in one season

Play off victory

Sven

Sod just thinking about what has happened over the last 20years think about all the crap that has gone on this season

Probably the most balanced and sane set of comments I've ever read on here. I think it's the unity of the squad and the feeling that there was a personal connection that I fear will be lost, as someone so carefully said. The way the owners are acting troubles me (maybe without reason, who knows) because it shows a ruthlessness and (to my mind) short-sightedness and impatience that I fear will backfire.

If i'm wrong then I'm wrong - but those are my fears.

Archived