Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

DnB only Thread

Created this thread just for DnB :thumbup::celebrate::dance: Not just old classics

I can't get enough Dnb at the moment, it's all filling up my Youtube account. ;)

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

I think Chase and Status are up there for one of the best DnB artists.

How much dnb do you listen to though? I know I've taken the piss before about you liking Pendulum but I'm not having a go here just curious about what sort of artists you've heard. For me Chase & Status make mainstream pop drum n bass, there's so much better quality stuff out there, stuff with genuine musical thought and depth to it.

I'd suggest checking out the Hospital Records podcast as a starting point...

How much dnb do you listen to though? I know I've taken the piss before about you liking Pendulum but I'm not having a go here just curious about what sort of artists you've heard. For me Chase & Status make mainstream pop drum n bass, there's so much better quality stuff out there, stuff with genuine musical thought and depth to it.

I don't listen to it all day, but I like to think I listen to quite a bit of DnB.

Although I don't listen to it much, I can listen to C & S any time. I will check out Hospital Records though :)

But other DnB I have listened to (whether these are good or not I don't know...i've just heard them and a few of their songs each):

Sub Focus

DJ Hazard

Shy FX

Noisia

Spor

Dillinja (jungle/DnB)

Shapeshifter -- only heard Long White Cloud and Electric Dream

Squarepusher

DJ Zinc

Edited by FoxForever

Here's a link to some of the sets from a night I went to awhile ago, you might need to register to see it, worth it though.

Alix Perez, Spectrasoul and Icicle at Lightbox

I'll certainly be checking that out. Must admit I've enjoyed most things that you've recommended in the past. :smile: And you do know your DnB. :thumbup:

Not sure if you're aware but Shogun Audio have also started a Podcast with Friction hosting. Worth subscribing to.

@kilworth I will probably post some stuff later. My head is still mangled from last night. >_<

Not sure if you're aware but Shogun Audio have also started a Podcast with Friction hosting. Worth subscribing to.

No I didn't know that. Lovely.

I was giving this a going over recently, still sounds as good as it did when I first heard it 12 years ago. Amazing album.

e348514rhvi.jpg

You heading down Hospitality at matter on Friday 8th January? Thinking of popping along with the missus.

You heading down Hospitality at matter on Friday 8th January? Thinking of popping along with the missus.

Unfortunately not, firstly after New Years Eve and New Years Day I'm living a clean, healthy lifestyle ahead of Kilimanjaro in February and secondly I move house early the next morning. I went to the November one though, it was quality. I'm determined to go clubbing with you at some point though, I imagine it would be a lovely experience.

Is Matter any good?

Going on the 29th next month.

Yes, the club itself is wicked. Beautiful sound system, big well laid out main room and decent second room although you have to go through about 5 security checkpoints before you actually get in. The crowd/atmosphere should be decent, it was when I went, but will depend on the music obviously...

Unfortunately not, firstly after New Years Eve and New Years Day I'm living a clean, healthy lifestyle ahead of Kilimanjaro in February and secondly I move house early the next morning. I went to the November one though, it was quality. I'm determined to go clubbing with you at some point though, I imagine it would be a lovely experience.

Yes, the club itself is wicked. Beautiful sound system, big well laid out main room and decent second room although you have to go through about 5 security checkpoints before you actually get in. The crowd/atmosphere should be decent, it was when I went, but will depend on the music obviously...

Sweet, heard its got 1 of the best sound systems in the country, going to a Dubstep/Grime/Funkyhouse night, the line up looks pretty cool so fingers crossed its good.

Me and the new missus both like a bit of D n B on the side so no doubt we'll be hitting more Hospitality nights, that's for sure. I do really enjoy a bit of London Elektricity.

Hoping to get myself over to Fabric at some point.

My mate was there when Skream first did the La Roux remix apparently...

For dnb I'd say Matter is better, Fabric attracts too many rudeboys who stand round the edge of the dancefloor thinking they're cool cause they're in Fabric. Worth going to just because it's one of the those clubs everyone should go to (I'm off there on New Years Day, apparently NYD is the new NYE) and the sound system is quality but if you want a good crowd and atmosphere Hospitality at Matter takes some beating.

Hoping to get myself over to Fabric at some point.

It's a must. I've not had one bad night at Fabric apart from queuing up for what felt like an eternity once.

Good vibes, can get a little packed and full of tourists which always makes for an interesting night.

The End probably just edged it though.

For dnb I'd say Matter is better, Fabric attracts too many rudeboys who stand round the edge of the dancefloor thinking they're cool cause they're in Fabric. Worth going to just because it's one of the those clubs everyone should go to (I'm off there on New Years Day, apparently NYD is the new NYE) and the sound system is quality but if you want a good crowd and atmosphere Hospitality at Matter takes some beating.

Really?

I've always had good vibes in that place. The rudeboys usually huddle at the back on the raised stage but their usually to stoned to cause trouble as that's the smoking up point. To be fair I've not been since the smoking ban so could be different. I remember we use to just skin up on the staircase, bouncers couldn't give two shits. :D