Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JadeFalcon

METAL!

I'd have more time for metal if it was less stereotypical. Anyone who wears weird stuff, has occult paraphenalia and references, likes to lurk in the dark... on purlease!

Finnish music is the result of living half your year at night.

The only problem with listening to new metal (not NuMetal) is the vague sense that I've heard it all before somewhere else. I can't think off the top of my head any new metal bands that have really done it for me in the last five years or so.

Never been a fan of Scandinavian Dark metal. :sick:

Which reminds me I've to re-buy Black Seeds of Vengeance - quality album.

EDIT - I forgot how good that was! Fuck I definitely don't listen to enough metal any more.

I can't think off the top of my head any new metal bands that have really done it for me in the last five years or so.

:wub:

I know this is still a bit 'soft' compared to lots of stuff out there, but I never could, and probably never will, get into music/bands that put out constant screaming/shouting. I love bands like Glassjaw, Killswitch Engage, Alexisonfire, Architects, Dance Gavin Dance and Twelve Tribes because there's a good balance between screaming and singing. When I used to be really into metal music, I could never get into the likes of Opeth, Chimara, Devil Driver etc. For me, it's just too much, there's no appeal to the music, because there are no hooks. All personal preference though, really.

Don't know what is and isn't metal nowadays, so many sub-genres it's unreal.

Always a winner ..

STEEL PANTHER ARE IMMENSE. :thumbup:

they're sort of amusing in that they are possibly the most obvious pisstake i've ever seen (which is the only reason i like them) but immense? Nah.

Now that is immense.

I could never get into the likes of Opeth, Chimara, Devil Driver etc. For me, it's just too much, there's no appeal to the music, because there are no hooks.

I have to disagree with you there. Opeth's music is FILLED with hooks and is the most appealing thing about them. I think they're very groovy anyway.

Here's an old piece which I still thinks trumps most thrash/death/tech metal. Great video too :giggle:

they're sort of amusing in that they are possibly the most obvious pisstake i've ever seen (which is the only reason i like them) but immense? Nah.

Now that is immense.

I see your Mastodon and raise you ..

I have to disagree with you there. Opeth's music is FILLED with hooks and is the most appealing thing about them. I think they're very groovy anyway.

Here's an old piece which I still thinks trumps most thrash/death/tech metal. Great video too :giggle:

Opeth :thumbsup:

Can't beat a bit of Mesuggah, Death (old school), Decapitated, and if I feeling really nostalgic - Cannibal Corpse.

There was a Belgian (?) band called Gorefest who released only one album (as far as i know) and it was amazing.

All this talk of metal reminds me of those halcyon days of being an extremely depressed teenager.

Archived