Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JadeFalcon

METAL!

You see that the Lead singer from Life of Agony is about to have the chop and become a women..... :blink: no seriously

Crazy. I also remember an interview with him back in the day, where he said, that he believed he was a reincarnation of Sid Vicious. Guy is not well.

Nonsense.

The first three albums in order of release.

Black Album had some good songs but not great as a whole.

Justice onwards is pure wank

Agreed, although i do LOVE Master Of Puppets the best.

Not technically 'metal' but I thought I'd whack some Glassjaw in here anyway and try and get some appreciation going.

:wub:

Frankie Sandford's (of the Saturdays fame) favourite band, bit of trivia there. Makes her even more attractive.

Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Silence is an all time favourite album for me. Easily.

Nice!! Although tip your bartender is my favourite glassjaw song

• 6 months later...

Not technically 'metal' but I thought I'd whack some Glassjaw in here anyway and try and get some appreciation going.

:wub:

Frankie Sandford's (of the Saturdays fame) favourite band, bit of trivia there. Makes her even more attractive.

Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Silence is an all time favourite album for me. Easily.

Oh yes. Even the part about that Saturdays lass.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

FORMER IRON MAIDEN DRUMMER CLIVE BURR PASSES AWAY

Published: Mar 13, 2013

We are deeply saddened to report that Clive Burr passed away last night. He had suffered poor health for many years after being diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis and died peacefully in his sleep at home.

Steve Harris said “This is terribly sad news. Clive was a very old friend of all of us. He was a wonderful person and an amazing drummer who made a valuable contribution to Maiden in the early days when we were starting out. This is a sad day for everyone in the band and those around him and our thoughts and condolences are with his partner Mimi and family at this time."

Bruce Dickinson adds “I first met Clive when he was leaving Samson and joining Iron Maiden. He was a great guy and a man who really lived his life to the full. Even during the darkest days of his M.S., Clive never lost his sense of humour or irreverence. This is a terribly sad day and all our thoughts are with Mimi and the familyâ€

As Maiden fans all know, Clive joined Maiden in 1979 and performed on the first three albums Iron Maiden (1980), Killers (1981) and The Number Of The Beast (1982). Prior to that he was a member of Samson, the band Bruce fronted before he too joined Maiden.

Group%20B-W%20Shot_cropped800.Jpeg

----

Very sad, but he'd been ill for a long time. MS is such a horrible illness, I hope Maiden pay tribute to him at some point during their summer tour set. :(

Very sad, but he'd been ill for a long time. MS is such a horrible illness, I hope Maiden pay tribute to him at some point during their summer tour set. :(

Very sad. R.I.P

I can't imagine Maiden not playing tribute to be honest, a couple of tracks off the first two albums wouldn't go amiss at Donnington.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hanneman was most likely more of a Nazi fetishist than a Nazi sympathizer.

Anyway, Slayer is still the best metal band of all time. Hanneman probably feasts in Valhalla tonight.

Slayer are no more Nazi sympathisers than they are Satanists, they're just part of a metal culture that think that kind of iconography is "cool."

I mean look at Lemmy / Motorhead, the guy's got an Iron Cross embedded on his Rick but he's one of the most openly libertarian / anti-authority figures going and an all-round rock'n'roll nice guy.

Archived