Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Alex_LCFC

Like/Dislike

Was just wondering what people's thoughts on a like/Dislike icon on people's comments. Like a thumbs up thumbs down kinda thing

The +1 repping feature is sufficient.

When it was possible to negative rep (ie. dislike) members were targeted for who they were rather than the content of their post.

Na I don't agree with having a minus feature. Will simply put people off posting if they are being given negative rep. Everyone has different opinions at the end of the day, that's the whole point of a forum.

I'd like there to be a way of seeing your rep in mobile version, difficult to actually click it when you put it on full version.

Even more fiddly trying to get back to the mobile version. I keep catching the back button.

• 3 weeks later...

I think it would be a good thing, but with a lower limit for disliking than liking.

I have seen it on other forums where people do moderate their posting style because of the number of negs they received and seen people starting out with incomprehensible drivel developing into a value contributors.

The problem is the noisy minority on the main forum often don't realise that most people disagree with their posts slagging off the players, but just ignore it as they can't be arsed to get into a debate with a moron. You read the main forum and you feel like half the forum hate our players, but most polls where the silent majority are likely to contribute you see an overwhelming positive view of Nigel and our players.

I do think it would be a better place with the addition of a dislike/negative option, maybe limited to 1 or 2 a day to stop spamming, obviously the first few weeks would be a disaster but once it has evened out I think it would be much better. 

Should just scrap reputation all together. I've never understood what it adds.

It just promotes people making identical, generic "HEY EVERYONE, X PLAYER WAS AMAZING TODAY, I ALWAYS SAID SO" for a crap tonne of rep points after every win.

Best thing about mobile version is no rep.

Should just scrap reputation all together. I've never understood what it adds.

It just promotes people making identical, generic "HEY EVERYONE, X PLAYER WAS AMAZING TODAY, I ALWAYS SAID SO" for a crap tonne of rep points after every win.

Best thing about mobile version is no rep.

If it saves people posting:

This ^^

Then I am all for it.

Just to be clear I mean a post just saying:

This ^^

Not what Finnegan said.

Or Col's favourite: :thumbup:

It also helps when I'm scrolling through pages of guff to actually spot a post that might be worth reading.

On some forums enough Negative rep/dislike on a post will hide comments so you won't have to read it. Imagine that a GF with all the crap hidden.

If it saves people posting:

This ^^

Then I am all for it.

Just to be clear I mean a post just saying:

This ^^

Not what Finnegan said.

Or Col's favourite: :thumbup: (Is this an 'I told you so' emoticon?)

It also helps when I'm scrolling through pages of guff to actually spot a post that might be worth reading.

On some forums enough Negative rep/dislike on a post will hide comments so you won't have to read it. Imagine that a GF with all the crap hidden.

I've given that a plus one.

I've also given Finners a plus one but only in an ironic display of love, because I disagree with what he has written.

I'd also like to ban capital letters so that people who post who consider that others are unable to understand EMPHASIS help them to do so.

Which I find, ANNOYING.

Archived