Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mickyblueeyes

Shilton on BBC 1

40 minutes ago, StanSP said:

it actually was lol 

It did make me check his Wiki and I had no idea he played all the way up to 1997!

He had an incredible career really over 30 years. Don't think we'll ever see the like again to be honest. I remember the fuss that was made when he made his 1000th league appearance at Orient, and rightly so. His Wiki page is a good read actually, and I learnt this fact about him that I didn't know before:

Shilton did not make his World Cup finals debut until the age of 32, but he played in 17 finals matches and shares the record 10 clean sheets in World Cup finals with French keeper Fabien Barthez.

Strangely, when Shiltz come on, I started telling someone in the pub about Andy Lochheads miss and two minutes later the Beeb show it.

Lochhead hits the target he scores, nearly 48 years ago, but that miss and the Banks error that knocked us out of the cup in 66 will always stay with me, sad I know. 

1 hour ago, baker11 said:

There was some great film of our fans at Wembley. Everyone decked out in scarfs and many holding large two stick banners.

That was before they had the sense to batter the opposition fans with the sticks. Sad times really what fun would that be.

9 hours ago, BoyJones said:

Strangely, when Shiltz come on, I started telling someone in the pub about Andy Lochheads miss and two minutes later the Beeb show it.

Lochhead hits the target he scores, nearly 48 years ago, but that miss and the Banks error that knocked us out of the cup in 66 will always stay with me, sad I know. 

Have counseling to get your head unloched and try to move on.. 

Guest CityFan 06
5 hours ago, baker11 said:

There was some great film of our fans at Wembley. Everyone decked out in scarfs and many holding large two stick banners.

Yeah, also saw that. What a scene. 

Archived