-
Posts
5,164 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
8
Everything posted by Claudio Fannieri
-
Ric Flair Live & Direct on BSLB Podcast
Claudio Fannieri replied to Ric Flair's topic in Leicester City Forum
100% appreciate Jake’s sentiments and why he is thinking that way, but for me relegation would be a disaster for the club as I genuinely think it guarantees administration, further breaches, points deductions, potential relegation to league 2 and the very real threat of liquidation. Also I have had the pleasure to meet a lot of LCFC employees, absolute top drawer people who day in day out do the club proud in how they represent the football club, people who probably earn no more in a year, possibly considerably less than say a Hamza, Winks, Vestergaard, VK or Ayew earns in a week. It is not their fault or for the majority is this mess their making but these are the people who will inevitably suffer as a result of redundancy, people who most probably rely on that income to make ends meet, pay bills and just try to get by in life. It won’t be the players who suffer, it won’t be Rudkin who suffers, it won’t be the managers who have all contributed to the demise over the last 5 years, who have all received sizeable pay offs. We desperately need a massive reset and change but I really do not want that to be a the cost and detriment to the hard working team behind the scenes at LCFC, the people who rely on this job and income to support their families. it is easy to forget that at every football club there is a large number of people who are employed outside of the direct football activities, members of our local communities, friends and family who are also impacted, possibly more so by events like relegation. That is why I really cannot agree that another relegation will be the reset we need because I genuinely believe the impact could be catastrophic. -
Also it’s how you network with agents and increase opportunities to secure future options for players and managers, by putting names of their clients out in the media to help raise profiles of our of work managers, also helps demonstrate a manager is actively looking for work, which is a usual clause of any pay off.
-
I reckon so leak a less than impressive candidate and then fanbase is more accepting of someone like Gerrard or Russell Martin
-
Ric Flair Live & Direct on BSLB Podcast
Claudio Fannieri replied to Ric Flair's topic in Leicester City Forum
In the same way our history is littered with owners who have put the club in very real danger of relegation to league 1 and financial meltdown …… you can’t have it one way without the other. KP have been heavily involved in some amazing times at our club, however they are currently residing over what has been a monumental decline and of we go down arguably the darkest time in our history if the reports are too be believed in regards to our finances and the impact of relegation, couple that with some very dubious commercial / sponsorship deals and it’s very difficult for anyone to defend them or not recognise the need for wholesale change. -
I don’t want us to get relegated, as I genuinely fear for our existence however in the same way we absolutely need wholesale change as the club is being run into the ground. The level of decline and financial mismanagement is beyond inept. It is unacceptable. You cannot accept the plaudits and bask in the glory when winning trophies but then when your decision making results in such a steep decline not take responsibility and accountability. Yes we have had an amazing journey winning the league and FA Cup but the last 4 years have been as shambolic as the previous years were good. And yet some cannot or will not accept that fans can be grateful for previous success but still have the right to hold the board to account for the current performance. If you truly love Leicester City Football club then you cannot have any acceptance that our current situation on and off the pitch is acceptable or that it was wholly unavoidable and has been nothing short of gross mismanagement.
-
It’s giving me Steve Cooper MK2 vibes, was always available and in the end was the only one remotely interested in taking the job after a glutful of big unattainable names have told us to do one.
-
Realistic Managerial Replacements
Claudio Fannieri replied to winteriscoming's topic in Leicester City Forum
Very underwhelming appointment, a man sacked by Oxford this season, but hey ho this just about sums up where we are as a club. Will back him and the best part is it takes Kingy out the firing line. It’s not Rowett’s fault but imagine what we would have thought had someone said to you on the day Enzo left that 18 months later we would have sacked Cooper, RVN and Cifuentes and be throwing our hopes of avoiding league one at Gary Rowetts door. Absolutely appalling mismanagement of the highest order ……but be careful what you wish for etc etc -
Realistic Managerial Replacements
Claudio Fannieri replied to winteriscoming's topic in Leicester City Forum
If there is no intention to hire a manager and backroom team then they must appoint an experienced Assistant manager and goalkeeper coach to help Kingy and take some of the pressure off him. -
Charlie reckons liquidation is quite possible if we are relegated to league one this season and fail to come back up in the first year.
-
Ric Flair Live & Direct on BSLB Podcast
Claudio Fannieri replied to Ric Flair's topic in Leicester City Forum
Did anyone dare ask Vards his thoughts on Rudkin and the current mess the club finds itself in. -
UAE 2nd division club are looking to recruit a DoF / Sporting Director with net salary of circa £250k per year plus bonuses ….please Jon do it, apply for it, you know it makes sense
-
Realistic Managerial Replacements
Claudio Fannieri replied to winteriscoming's topic in Leicester City Forum
Russell Martin has just got married ….. maybe the delay was him not wanting to commit to the job prior to his wedding -
Very easy for them to focus on the positives which largely ran out 5 years ago. They fail to recognise 2 relegations, PSR breaches, 6 point deduction, on the verge of a 3rd relegation this time to league 1 and the numerous sponsorship deals with shady far east betting/crypto companies. The trend shows we are heading to oblivion and yet some want to placate this by referencing good things that happened 10 years ago. Deluded.
-
I really feel for him, he loves this club, and I feel he believes he has a responsibility to help save it, however this mess is not of his making and for his own sake I hope he steps down 🥲
-
Realistic Managerial Replacements
Claudio Fannieri replied to winteriscoming's topic in Leicester City Forum
Absolutely, my post in the other thread was saying similar, it’s almost like to some the club didn’t exist before KP. We have had success and failure long before KP came in however the big difference was it felt like it was our club, these last 5 years or so it has become more and more like we are nothing more than customers, it’s no longer our club and we should be grateful and accepting of whatever KP and Rudkin serve up. This is not a dictatorship nor a cult and it’s about time fans remember many of us have been here a lot longer than the owners and decision makers, this is our club always has been and always will be. -
Make no mistake Aiyawatt and Rudkins contribution to this season has been -6 points which currently places us in the bottom 3 and facing relegation and yet no apology, accountability or responsibility and yet when we are successful they are there lapping it up right left and centre
-
Gutted for him does not deserve this. Has been thrown under the bus by Aiyawatt and Rudkin. You can see how much this club means to him and how much this is hurting him, I really hope he walks away for his own sake and sanity.
-
Realistic Managerial Replacements
Claudio Fannieri replied to winteriscoming's topic in Leicester City Forum
This is really beyond a joke now, the ineptitude of this board bares no bounds, I love this club but at the moment it feels like being in a toxic relationship. The frustration and anger I feel towards Aiyawatt and Rudkin is through the roof, they are destroying our club and worst of all there are a number of potential solutions staring them flush in the face but the self preservation society of 2 will not swallow their pride and do what’s best for our club instead they happily play with the very existence of our club. This is killing me. -
Don’t agree, I wasn’t justifying anything, I am staunchly supporting change and i am far from a KPFC supporter. I was merely explaining where I stand. I don’t need validation or acceptance from others as there really is no right or wrong way to support your club it’s one of personal choice, the one common thing is we all want what is best for Leicester City
-
This is where I am, in 1980 without realising I entered into a lifetime contract supporting Leicester City, since that day in March aged 6 years old, regardless of ownership changes, tweaks to the badge, managers, players coming and going, a new stadium, the emotional connection with our football club is stronger than ever. However and this is the key point of how I feel, my disconnect is towards the individuals who own and operate our club, the ones who are trying to replace LCFC with KPFC, our club has existed since 1884 I am as equally proud of our achievements pre King Power as anything we achieved post King Power. My memories of Jock Wallace, Gary Lineker, Andy Peake, John O’Neill,, Steve Lynex, Stevie Walsh, Gary McAllister, Tommy Wright, Brian Little, Julian Joachim, Steve Thompson, Gary Mills, Tony James, Paul Reid, Martin O’Neill, Martin George, Stevie Claridge, Emilie Heskey, Lenny, Sav, Muzzy, Nigel Pearson, Andy King, Jack Hobbs, Wellens, Gally, Waggy, Nuge, Shakey and Steve Walsh Snr, Birchy et al are all as synonymous, important and live long in my memory as anything post King Power era. The premier league and FA Cup wins were amazing but so was the league one and division two/championship titles, so were the league cup wins, reaching the FA cup semi final in 1982 as a division 2 side was a great achievement. My memories of Leicester City good and bad go long beyond Aiyawatt and Rudkin and they will not drive me away from my club. I hate what I am witnessing at the moment and our decline and the genuine fear of what the future holds for our club, yes I feel disconnected to the ownership, Rudkin and a good few of the current squad who I feel are nothing more than mercenaries, but I can never turn my back on my club, the club that I fell in love with 46 years ago. it’s like a protection thing, I don’t support this club as a show of my love or approval or appreciation to KP, Aiyawatt or Rudkin. It’s because Leicester City Football Club is in my blood and the very fact I spend every waking moment worrying about our future, listening to podcast after podcast discussing our club, posting and reading countless content on this forum and other social media platforms, isn’t out of support or love for KPFC but out of love for the club I remember watching and loving since 1980. I am an exile so don’t get to many home games but we will be at Stoke not to pay homage to KP, Aiyawatt or Rudkin or even many of the these players but I will be praying for a win, for the all the reasons above for my club, the club my dad first took me to all those years ago, the memories of growing up supporting the best football club in the world (that was the way I always felt), my club which I have this inexplicable love and devotion to, one I want to protect from the people who are currently destroying it. There are so many things i dislike about the current version of our club and it’s not necessarily a version that represents what we are, but we have to fight for our club because we will be here long after this current mob have gone and we have to make sure our club survives to fight on. in the words of Birchy and for all us legacy fans, we will return.
-
Realistic Managerial Replacements
Claudio Fannieri replied to winteriscoming's topic in Leicester City Forum
This time last season John Eustace walked away from play off chasing Blackburn to take over at relegation threatened Derby …..,so there is no reason why we should be writing off taking an ambitious manager from another club, however with that in mind you have to question if it’s the horrific idea of working for the self preservation society that is Aiyawatt and Rudkin that is the problem. -
Realistic Managerial Replacements
Claudio Fannieri replied to winteriscoming's topic in Leicester City Forum
PNE picked up Wigan’s training ground in similar circumstances, picked it up for next to nothing, can see something similar happening here.
