-
Posts
4,583 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by fox_up_north
-
Genuinely looks like a different team to the first half. Amazing work from Rohl.
-
China are kind of two faced on green. Yes, they put a load of money into it but they're still happy to bang out emissions making tat. Tat we buy, tbh.
-
Nancy knows he's done
-
I know we protested the big clubs joining a super league before but I changed my mind. Can the US and Russia just sod off to another planet? It's really not helpful
-
Given that we're never going to be a "top 6" club, any team that does well for a bit have to juggle the inevitable cycle. Do well, keep it up as long as you can, lose players, try not to drop too far. Brighton have bounced between 11th and 6th. They're generally considered the best run club that's not absolutely quids in. We're edging closer and closer to the required 14 clubs to make changes being American, all of whom have demonstrated some desire to change the format of the English Premier League. It would not be unrealistic to foresee a situation where... let's say 6 clubs all choose to have a "mandatory playoff position" style place, while the other 14 fight it out to avoid relegation and have a shot at at the FA or EFL cups.
-
That sums it up brilliantly. The 1/92 is never happening again, for anyone like us. Even if Villa achieved it, their starting point is much better. We basically went 25, 14, 1. Given everything that came after, you would understand a hovering of anywhere between 8-14 being reasonable - given some of the actions we saw taken by league organisers, etc. But to essentially fall through a trapdoor, which we made ourselves and then repeat the process after climbing out of the dungeon...is ridiculous. If Top had real nous, he'd have sold off a portion of Premier League & FA Cup winners Leicester City to squirrel some cash away.
-
He was nailed on for Man City, really. Feels like the Chelsea job was always a stop gap to get ready.b
-
I live in the north. I've seen Bury, Wednesday and Blackburn's ownerships impact on fans. Not saying I don't agree but my word it can be bad. My preference would be Top accepts the issues and tries to make changes. Whether that's realistic, I don't know but clearly something has rattled the upper echelons more this year. Anyone who takes over, in my view, should have a plan and not be some dodgy oil state or Ratcliffe type. We laugh at them but the Wrexham owners are probably closer to what you want, than Newcastle.
-
Jordan James joins on loan - Official
fox_up_north replied to moore_94's topic in Leicester City Forum
Don't get your hopes up. I remember Lookman. I can see him finishing the loan and then being sold to a lower Prem club. -
Julián Carranza joins on loan - Official
fox_up_north replied to moore_94's topic in Leicester City Forum
Oh good. He smacked of desperate deadline day signing. -
No way we keep James unless he absolutely loves being here and pushes for it.
-
Absolutely ridiculous that we are still within sight (before deduction) of play offs. I think the aim should be to get to around 55 points, to account for what I think will either be 6 or 9 point deduction. Considering we're on 37.5% win rate, that should be very doable. Based on current percentages of draws/ wins - we should be around 60 points by the end of the season. Historically - 12th.
-
Aaron Ramsey joins on loan - Official
fox_up_north replied to moore_94's topic in Leicester City Forum
He's got no future has he? Bless him. Career's done. -
For a second there, I thought it was Boxing Day again
-
Premier League 2025/26 Thread
fox_up_north replied to OntarioFox's topic in General Football and Sport
Nah. That's on forwards to press the GK. It's the same as any player holding onto the ball. -
Don't. Still galling we didn't sign him. But at least I can say I watched him play for us in Europe.
-
There were gaps yesterday but still reasonable attendance for the division. I'd say closer to 30k than 20k.
-
Premier League 2025/26 Thread
fox_up_north replied to OntarioFox's topic in General Football and Sport
Tbf he didn't seem massively enthused about being here, towards the end. -
Premier League 2025/26 Thread
fox_up_north replied to OntarioFox's topic in General Football and Sport
Hahaha what a daft move by the Chelsea keeper. Absolute muppet. -
Premier League 2025/26 Thread
fox_up_north replied to OntarioFox's topic in General Football and Sport
What an absolutely dreadful goal for Villa to concede -
We're not going up and we don't know what happens with points deductions. Probably best giving the younger players an actual good go to either make them a sellable asset or prepared for next season. Separate them from those with bad attitudes and put them around good lads who give it a go.
-
He's more likely to go to Forest than return here. At his age does he want to be moving down for what is likely 6 months when he can just do media appearances? Especially in a World Cup year
-
Home and Away Support/Atmosphere
fox_up_north replied to FoxesTalker's topic in Leicester City Forum
Tbf I thought the Watford support wasn't great. Heard one of their player's songs, along with a few digs at us but they weren't particularly impressive. SK1 tried today and I heard a few bits from next to away end but it's give and take. You can only respond to what's on the pitch and once Watford's first goal went in, the result was only going one way and everyone knew it. -
I've a relative who flew out just for this Test. Imagine having that sort of luck.
-
Looked dreadful today but Okoli wasn't helping matters. They both contributed to a terrible right hand sand. At least 5 times I saw Okoli with the ball, looking at Fatawu, looking at Okoli, as Watford closed in. No ball over the top, through ball or anything. Just pass to each other, cut inside. Nothing.
