Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Top ten of City's WORST ever players (ie the players to play the worst in a City shirt)

We've got a thread for the best ever players for City, how about a top ten of the worst players you've seen in a CITY shirt (not just 'the worst players')

I'll have a go:

1. Spider Kalac

2. Lee Marshall

3. Brian Carey

4. That ginger haired lad on loan from Man City (Edit....Ryan McGivern)

5. Akinbadbyi

6. Matt Mills

7. Neil Danns

8. Gabor Bori

9. Harry Kane (yes, for us he was dreadful)

10. Paul Reid

Amidst many many more...

lol

Got to be a striker named Roger Davies, saw him miss a couple of absolute sitters for us back in the 70s at Filbert Street.

Got to be a striker named Roger Davies, saw him miss a couple of absolute sitters for us back in the 70s at Filbert Street.

Ryan McGivern

Lee Philpott

Trevor Bengamin

Junior Lewis

Elvis Hammond

Pisspott? No way- he was good.

The rest of that list stinks!

Adjaravic was appalling in the few games I saw him , as was Stephen Hughes and joe hamill.

Rab Douglas

De Vries

Nathan Blake

Matt Mills

Dennis Wise

Junior Lewis

Tommy English

Steve Moran

Tony Spearing

Andy Johnson

Carl Cort

DJ Campbell

Alan Rogers

Elvis Hammond

Trevor Benjamin

Colin Gordon

Nicky Mohan

Fenton

Just to name a few........

Not having Steve Moran on any lists!!

There is no chance GTF would get in a worst LCFC team. Most overweight XI however....

Pressman

Taggart

Morgan (highest BMI in the PL)

Nils-Eric Johansson

Charlie Miller

Michael Johnson

Lee Tomlin (released by LCFC for being overweight)

Stephen Hughes

DeVries

GTF

Bednar

Not having that, gave 100% and for anyone who was there scored an all time great Vs Luton. Also was rumoured that if he played at Wembley Vs Drab his injuries would end his career. He put in the highest pinpoint cross of all time coming down with snow on it, caused chaos in the Drab defence and Walshy scored.

Agree with this completely. The Coat is a living LCFC legend. And don't forget the 2 goals he scored in a 3-2 away win at Barnsley on the day they unveiled their new stand.

But for what it's worth, here's a few more names.

Mark Grew

Lammie Robertson

Gregor Stevens

Ricky Hill

Roger Davies

Adi Akynbyi

There is no chance GTF would get in a worst LCFC team. Most overweight XI however....

Pressman

Taggart

Morgan (highest BMI in the PL)

Nils-Eric Johansson

Charlie Miller

Michael Johnson

Lee Tomlin (released by LCFC for being overweight)

Stephen Hughes

DeVries

GTF

Bednar

Would Fryatt get in this team? I'm sure there was another keeper we had who would. I can remember going to a pre-season friendly and I couldn't believe how big our keeper was. Pretty sure it wasn't Pressman. I think Flowers in his last season here, maybe? Or Douglas?

Edit: I went looking for a picture of Flowers, but I found this photo of Neil Shipperley and got distracted. Wow. Anyone else seen this? It's like a footballer and a sumo wrestler swapped sports for the day.

Neil-Shipperley_zpskixxmqds.jpg

Is this the worst whilst they were playing for City or (like Cambiasso for one of the best) sometime during their career?  :P

Norman Leet

Tom English

Mark Bright

Mark Venus

Norman Leet and Mark Bright were actually pretty good. Venus had some good performances too.

Worst player i have seen with my very eyes has to be Junior Lewis. Still remember him just standing around watching the ball go past. Then whenever he had the ball he would just get it tangled in his own feet. What a waste of space he was

Archived