Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
Guest Col city fan

Top ten of City's WORST ever players (ie the players to play the worst in a City shirt)

Recommended Posts

Guest Col city fan
Posted

We've got a thread for the best ever players for City, how about a top ten of the worst players you've seen in a CITY shirt (not just 'the worst players')

I'll have a go:

1. Spider Kalac

2. Lee Marshall

3. Brian Carey

4. That ginger haired lad on loan from Man City (Edit....Ryan McGivern)

5. Akinbadbyi

6. Matt Mills

7. Neil Danns

8. Gabor Bori

9. Harry Kane (yes, for us he was dreadful)

10. Paul Reid

Amidst many many more...

lol

Posted

Neil Danns wasn't that bad! (Matt Mills too, if we're being honest). Both solid mid-table championship players, at the least.

 

Over-hyped and over-priced, and yeah, not fantastic, but I'm certain we've had much worse players than either of them.

Posted

Ryan McGivern has to be up there

He was absolutely atrocious, and the oddest thing was that he was a Pearson signing. You'd never expect him to bring in a defender as abysmally bad at defending as McGivern.

Guest Col city fan
Posted

Neil Danns wasn't that bad! (Matt Mills too, if we're being honest). Both solid mid-table championship players, at the least.

Over-hyped and over-priced, and yeah, not fantastic, but I'm certain we've had much worse players than either of them.

Look at the op buddy....players that played the worst for US...

Sorry for any confusion.

Posted

In my lifetime:

 

Hendo / Logan rotating

 

Neilson, Willis, Carey, McGivern,

 

Sylla, Lewis, L. Marshall, Welsh

 

De Vries, Hammond

Posted

You're barking if you think Neil Danns makes the top ten worst list. He was average and never showed his Palace form for us, but no way was he awful enough to make this list.

It's a tough one for me, but I'd have to have Ryan McGivern in there somewhere. He was abysmal, and it baffles me how he still keeps getting clubs, since every time I see him play, regardless of where, he's always at fault for an opposition goal. Last I saw of him, he was getting torn apart on live TV for Hibernian by Hamilton Academic, which of course added a nice relegation to his CV. He's now at Port Vale, and I assume has become a roaring success overnight.

Posted

Roman Bednar

Junior Lewis

Lee Marshall

Peter Canero

Mark De Vries

Elvis Hammond

Fat Rab Douglas

Jason Jarrett

Nathan Blake

Paul Brooker

Could name another 20 from the Adams/Kelly/Levein era too. Depressing bag of shite.

Posted

I would say pressman was one of the worst ever in a city shirt so he would go in over kalac.

Junior Lewis is a shoe in.

Elvis Hammond up front and tony spearing at full back with Alan maybury.

In fact if you put that whole Levein team In you probably wouldn't be far off

Posted

Momo Sylla

 

Zolt Lzatcho (Sp)

 

Frank Sinclair

 

Conrad Logan

 

Steve Howie

 

I can only assume you didn't see him play.

Posted

Simpson first name on the list.

Then basically most of the Levein / mid 2000s lot.

Oh and Jesse Lingard when we had him. He might have gone on to improve but, when he was with us, he looked like a 12 year old who had won some TV competition to get a squad number.

Posted

95% of players to play from december 03 to august 08 cba naming them all but they were, in the main, all shit 

Guest Col city fan
Posted

Zoumanna Bakayogo. I'm sure he only played once but he wasn't very good.

Another strange signing that one.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...