Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Top ten of City's WORST ever players (ie the players to play the worst in a City shirt)

Guest bss9401

Rab Douglas, then remarkably Conrad Logan who seemed to be a carbon copy, including the bulk for a good while. Kalac and dodgy hodgy were other appalling custodians for a once great goalkeeping dynasty.

Rab Douglas, then remarkably Conrad Logan who seemed to be a carbon copy, including the bulk for a good while. Kalac and dodgy hodgy were other appalling custodians for a once great goalkeeping dynasty.

Don't forget Kevin Pressman. I think we hit rock bottom when he got beaten by a goal kick against Preston. He was so fat he couldn't jump properly.

I have literally no idea how there were three teams worse than us for 2004/05, 2005/06 and 2006/07. How on earth was the league that bad?

I think that's testament to the job Rob Kelly did. Under the circumstances I thought he did brilliantly.

Guest bss9401

Don't forget Kevin Pressman. I think we hit rock bottom when he got beaten by a goal kick against Preston. He was so fat he couldn't jump properly.

Please don't! I got a headache just thinking about those four.

I think that's testament to the job Rob Kelly did. Under the circumstances I thought he did brilliantly.

I totally agree. I think Kelly gets unfair criticism. As you say it was a minor miracle of management that he got the best out of the squad he had.  

Ricky Hill - decent player at Luton but shocking for us!!

Good memory! I'd forgotten all about Ricky Hill. But that Luton team he was part of in the mid/late 80's was mustard - including our own Garry Parker if I'm not mistaken...

It was like that clip from Mike Bassett when he's in goal.

Wasn't Alan Maybury was it?

Nah. A young lad. Winger. Really really really shite. Got released after Levein left and rather than the usual 'we wish x all the best' because he was so far off the standard needed to make a pro he got 'what a smashing lad'. Made Lewis look like Pele.

Nah. A young lad. Winger. Really really really shite. Got released after Levein left and rather than the usual 'we wish x all the best' because he was so far off the standard needed to make a pro he got 'what a smashing lad'. Made Lewis look like Pele.

Joe Hamill?

MDV was a terrible striker. Yes he finished off Spurs for us on that occasion but he was the epitome of dog shit. That era 2004-2008 is summed up by MDV.

Did he really score 9 in a game once for Heerenveen?

I don't know what Martin Allen did to him, but in the Blackpool and Watford games that season he looked unplayable at times. Under anybody else, absolute shite.

i dont know what it is with us but we always seem to buy strikers that are great everywhere else until they pull on a leicester shirt there have been some very poor ones who were stars at other clubs :(

biggest hype for a young up and coming striker and was a total let down for me was ricky sappleton he was suppose to be the next heskey   lol 

I can remember when we signed Momo Sylla. IIRC, Levein got him from Celtic, and he said he was going for quality over quantity that transfer window. So, don't worry that the squad is going to be smaller, because it will be full of quality players like Sylla.

Let's hope things never get quite that bad ever again.

Archived