Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ramboacdc

Lcfc plane tracking topic

Just think, if Top had been on MH370... we would know exactly where it was

just got this myself. that trajectory to me says new york or at least east coast. if it was west coast it would go over canada! i will get the desktop app open now. 

Planes do go this way maybe this is a quicker route for a small jet

surely it would be simpler if you were flying to the southern hemisphere to fly down the African coast and across the southern Atlantic? ive flew the route the planes on now. think the furthest south this is going is mexico. 

I think there are "rules" regarding trans oceanic flights which means that aircraft have to be in range of an airport in case of emergency and the range depends on the aircraft, number of engines etc.

It doesn't quite work that way Liam. Transatlantic aircraft follow routes called NAT tracks which are calculated daily based on the pressure systems over the Atlantic. They're also based on Great Circle routes. I shall now stand by to be accused of geekness....... 

It doesn't quite work that way Liam. Transatlantic aircraft follow routes called NAT tracks which are calculated daily based on the pressure systems over the Atlantic. They're also based on Great Circle routes. I shall now stand by to be accused of geekness.......

Im a aviation geek to hence why i have this app but you learn something new everyday