Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
promised land

Bournemouth away

Gutted but expected.

I do genuinely struggle to see that we have nearly 1400 people with enough points for priority 1 though, that's not sniping at anyone plenty of people have got many more points than me and I expected this to be sold out before I could get a ticket but all sold out in pretty much the first day? Struggle to see that many people with that many points.

You can't see how 1400 people have done 13 aways for each of the last two seasons, those being a promotion season and a season in the premier league? Come off it.

I promised Costock_fox first refusal last week if I had a spare.

If he doesn't want it it's yours mate.

Fair enough mate cheers, not desperate for it as we've got 3, just the lad who's driving is going down to see his daughter but not til Sunday so thought we'd try and get him a ticket. He is an ST holder.

Gutted but expected.

I do genuinely struggle to see that we have nearly 1400 people with enough points for priority 1 though, that's not sniping at anyone plenty of people have got many more points than me and I expected this to be sold out before I could get a ticket but all sold out in pretty much the first day? Struggle to see that many people with that many points.

Do you? They made the first priority far too low in my opinion. 125+ is ridiculous for the first one. Apparently we've got 1,700 with 125 or more so no-one was actually guaranteed a ticket.

Got ours. Shame it's such a small away end as we'd take a silly number to this. I honestly think we'd have been able to fill the home end.

Do you? They made the first priority far too low in my opinion. 125+ is ridiculous for the first one. Apparently we've got 1,700 with 125 or more so no-one was actually guaranteed a ticket.

Got ours. Shame it's such a small away end as we'd take a silly number to this. I honestly think we'd have been able to fill the home end.

Still expect a few hundred down there even without tickets.

Quite. What's the point of having a priority system if it doesn't separate out those with more points? Just looks like laziness from the club.

Quite. What's the point of having a priority system if it doesn't separate out those with more points? Just looks like laziness from the club.

How many criteria groups do you propose then?

Start at 150, then 148, 146,144 etc, not only is it not needed it would take forever and with away tickets the club only get a limited time to set dates and get them out.

But and here is the main point, regardless of how many settings of point days you have this game would've still sold out at the same point, ie most away day fans who for the last two seasons have attended most.

Making your idea of more dates useless.

It's a one off away game in a season that this affects, the last one from memory is Norwich in the FA cup quite a few seasons ago when we were fleeced with our allocation.

Other than that, this system works very well.

How many criteria groups do you propose then?

Start at 150, then 148, 146,144 etc, not only is it not needed it would take forever and with away tickets the club only get a limited time to set dates and get them out.

But and here is the main point, regardless of how many settings of point days you have this game would've still sold out at the same point, ie most away day fans who for the last two seasons have attended most.

Making your idea of more dates useless.

It's a one off away game in a season that this affects, the last one from memory is Norwich in the FA cup quite a few seasons ago when we were fleeced with our allocation.

Other than that, this system works very well.

I'm confused by your argument that an extra priority bracket would've been 'useless' because the game was going to sell out. It's actually precisely the other way round. Since we know games will sell out we have a priority system to ensure that those who attend more regularly to get the best chance to purchase highly sought after tickets.

I think one more bracket would've been appropriate for this game for exactly the reason stated above.

But anyone under 125 points would've have got a ticket with another bracket.

Can't you see that?

Do you mean wouldn't have got a ticket? Yes, but several people on really high points might have missed out because it sold out so quickly. As such I think an extra bracket would've been appropriate.

I'm not suggesting an extra bracket for those on less than 125, I'm suggesting it for those approaching and above 140.

Ok well I think what i'm saying is the points system is flawed.

On the old system (A simple Priority 1, 2, 3, Members, General Sale) I don't think we'd have 1400 P1's, might be wrong but I can't see it, you'd have an excessive amount in P2 and P3 but not that many in P1 I think. As you say the points system @ 125 is far to low, at the end of the day as i've mentioned no matter how much I deluded myself into thinking I could get one in reality I had no chance and I accept that and even if the first release points were higher it wouldn't have increased my chances but to sell out on the first day I think tells you something about how they set the priority system out.

Oh well, just done a count up, a 'plan' of awayers I want to do this year and all being well i'll be doing around 6 - 8 so hopefully my priority will be boosted for next season. Unfotunately I doubt Bournemouth will be a PL team next season (No disrespect Bournemouth - If it makes you feel any better we'll be in the relegation battle with you...) and even if they do stay up chances of it being on the August bank holiday are very slim, it won't happen :thumbdown:

Do you mean wouldn't have got a ticket? Yes, but several people on really high points might have missed out because it sold out so quickly. As such I think an extra bracket would've been appropriate.

I'm not suggesting an extra bracket for those on less than 125, I'm suggesting it for those approaching and above 140.

But it's not required, anyone with 125+ would've bought one yesterday, as said earlier in here, one or two got tickets today at 118 or however many points it was, so all P1's who wanted to go are going.

As Matt says he accepts he couldn't get one due to demand, it's a one off situation and making another category isn't required.

West Ham are still on sale a week or so after, Bournemouth is different and had it been Derby, Borough etc it wouldn't have occurred due to allocation and ground capacity.

I do expect P1 points to go up by maybe 5 during the season as it did last year.

I'm on 108 points,so would not have been able to get a ticket till next Thursday,didn't expect to get one to be honest.But got a campsite in the New Forest for the weekend with the mrs and the kids.So if you see any one walking round Peppa Pig World on Saturday afternoon in a City shirt say hi!

Archived