Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fordey1973

Irish Foxes fans

1 minute ago, Armaghfox1 said:

Ah ok, I think I know 1 other supporter in Armagh and that's my brother lol. I'm out in Tullysaran.

Nice! Good to know since everyone here literally supports man utd?

Does being half Irish count? Though I now live in Luxembourg (but born and raised in Leicester) , I have family in Derry and Dublin and regularly visit Dublin.

Talking Irish, I always wonder who draps the Irish flag in the front of West Stand section B3 at every home game, and why? It's not as if we have Irish players in the squad at the moment.  ;) Or is it just to support our chief exec , Susan Whelan? lol

On 12/09/2017 at 19:38, Mywifehitmuzzybyaccident said:

Yep county Derry

Went to university in the Leicester we lived near the ground so went to a lot of games and caught the bug.

All my mates back here are typically man u or Liverpool fans so I was treated with amusement and patronising comments until recently...not any more!

I'm also in Derry, moved over from Leicester as few years ago. Did spend the first few years explaining who LCFC were but unsurprisingly that's no longer an issue!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Mayofox said:

True, Blue, I hadn't seen that.     We really are spoiled these days, aren't we?

We are massive. About the 11th Leicester game live on TV this season.

To think in 2013/14 you'd be hoping we might have a link to a championship match on saturday and be disappointed 75% of the time!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello all,

I'll be traveling in Ireland over the next week. We arrive in Dublin tomorrow morning, will drive cross to Galway on Monday, drive from Galway to Birr on Wednesday, and back to Dublin for a single evening on Friday.

Given our travel plans, are there any must see / do / recommend things for an American couple who aren't really interested in checking the "must see" boxes - but rather interested in tapping into a bit of the daily life?

Thanks!

Hope you made it safely to the West, here's just a few ideas to look into. The first two if you want to be active, the others if you don't...

Pallas Karting, at Tynagh near Loughrea.

Mid Ireland Adventure at Banagher offer a range of outdoor activities. 

In Birr, the Chestnut Pub on Green Street.  Musicians/turf fire etc.            At Tully, Kildare Town, there's the Irish National Stud, if you're into horses.

And then a huge choice in Dublin. Maybe the Irish Whiskey Museum, 119 Grafton Street?  Or the Aviva Stadium tour.

Alternatively, wherever you are, just ask what the local craic is.  Good luck!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

From next season a new distribution arrangement means that Sky customers in Ireland will have access to 233 Premier League games due to be broadcast live.

Sky will offer a deal to bundle BT Sport, and Premier Sports, which includes 3pm Saturday kick-offs. Pricing to be announced.

So fewer visits to the pub!

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
On 12/09/2017 at 10:08, ultrafox said:

Does being half Irish count? Though I now live in Luxembourg (but born and raised in Leicester) , I have family in Derry and Dublin and regularly visit Dublin.

Talking Irish, I always wonder who draps the Irish flag in the front of West Stand section B3 at every home game, and why? It's not as if we have Irish players in the squad at the moment.  ;) Or is it just to support our chief exec , Susan Whelan? lol

I travelled with that lad and his partner to an away game Vs Tranmere a little while back and he said he had relations in Cork and thus had the Irish Flag on display in their honour. 

On ‎22‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 21:28, artic fox said:

I travelled with that lad and his partner to an away game Vs Tranmere a little while back and he said he had relations in Cork and thus had the Irish Flag on display in their honour. 

Fair play to the lad :scarf:

• Thanks 1