Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Bournemouth away post-match thread

Pretty poor performance really...I know we were playing away from home but to fail to muster a single shot on target (apart from the penalty) against Bournemouth is pretty dire.

Having said that, it could have been worse and I'm very happy with the start we've made to the season overall.

From my (albeit pretty rubbish) position at the end of the stand, I'd say the following:

1. De Laet certainly had a poor game, but is getting no cover from Mahrez on the right.

2. Mahrez overall was terrible really, very ineffective going forward and seemed reluctant even to bother tracking back or marking his man at throw-ins.

3. Kante looked useful but came in and out of the game. Would like to see us give him time to bed in to the side.

4. Schlupp is really the only one to come out of the game with much credit - we need to play to his strengths by putting him in the more attacking role, his pace and energy are wasted when we play him as a 'traditional' left-back.

5. Playing with one up front really didn't work - our midfield didn't press them nearly as much as was needed to make up for it.

6. King and Drinkwater are the weak link at the moment. With James currently sidelined, I think we need to be looking at Inler to shore us up in the middle.

7. I'm all in favour of giving youngsters a chance, but the decision to involve Dodoo on the strength of one good performance against Bury seemed bizarre to me. We spent a fair whack on Kramaric...what has the guy done wrong? Feel like he's been sidelined having never really been given a fair crack at the whip.

Pretty poor performance really...I know we were playing away from home but to fail to muster a single shot on target (apart from the penalty) against Bournemouth is pretty dire.

Having said that, it could have been worse and I'm very happy with the start we've made to the season overall.

From my (albeit pretty rubbish) position at the end of the stand, I'd say the following:

1. De Laet certainly had a poor game, but is getting no cover from Mahrez on the right.

2. Mahrez overall was terrible really, very ineffective going forward and seemed reluctant even to bother tracking back or marking his man at throw-ins.

3. Kante looked useful but came in and out of the game. Would like to see us give him time to bed in to the side.

4. Schlupp is really the only one to come out of the game with much credit - we need to play to his strengths by putting him in the more attacking role, his pace and energy are wasted when we play him as a 'traditional' left-back.

5. Playing with one up front really didn't work - our midfield didn't press them nearly as much as was needed to make up for it.

6. King and Drinkwater are the weak link at the moment. With James currently sidelined, I think we need to be looking at Inler to shore us up in the middle.

7. I'm all in favour of giving youngsters a chance, but the decision to involve Dodoo on the strength of one good performance against Bury seemed bizarre to me. We spent a fair whack on Kramaric...what has the guy done wrong? Feel like he's been sidelined having never really been given a fair crack at the whip.

Agree with point 7 to an extent but it shows that if our youth perform then we will give them a chance on the 1st team squad the next game. so it's the right attitude in the grand scheme of things.

I worry what happened to Huth.After the composed performances last season that rush of blood soon after h-t could have left us down to 10 with a different ref.

Despite the Press 'love-in' Bournemouth were no shrinking violets,they clearly targeted Mahrez,so it's ironic 3 of their players went of injured.

Wilson clearly goes down at the slightest contact, as he clearly showed in time added on with Benylin. What did he say or do to wind up Huth?

I worry what happened to Huth.After the composed performances last season that rush of blood soon after h-t could have left us down to 10 with a different ref.

Despite the Press 'love-in' Bournemouth were no shrinking violets,they clearly targeted Mahrez,so it's ironic 3 of their players went of injured.

Wilson clearly goes down at the slightest contact, as he clearly showed in time added on with Benylin. What did he say or do to wind up Huth?

I think Huth's reaction was more towards the diving and the referee constantly falling for it to be honest. I was also annoyed, red in the face in anger annoyed at the pathetic officiating. Every time Wilson got the ball he was looking to dive, every time someone touched him he was over, Daniels was just as bad, spending half the time in the floor.

I really wish we had scored in those last 8 minutes of extra time, it would have served them right for the constant diving and rolling around.

So far this season, home wins have registered as follows

Round 1: 2

Round 2: 2

Round 3: 1

Round 4 (so far): 1

It seems that home wins are not what they used to be!

Get back to me at the end of the season when the points tally is counted.

Thought the set up was wrong and was largely a case of him trying to fit in Kante due to how he played the other day. Vardy isn't a lone striker in a million years.

I can let it pass if it doesn't happen again. We happened to get away with it this time.

Bournemouth were decent but that's as far as I'll go. We made them look a lot better than they are. Gradel being the perfect example. Limited skill, limited end product but made to look excellent by De Laet who was frankly terrible.

The midfield strangely were nowhere. Albrighton did nothing and Mahrez had an off-day.

No surprise we improved once we had someone actually linking midfield to attack in Okazaki. 4-4-1-1 is the way forward for us. Okazaki is a better Nugent.

Dodgy performance from us but as said earlier I'll let it pass as he's still learning about our squad, just as long as he actually learning things. Referee absolutely dire yet again. The standard is beyond embarrassing.

I dont think city played that bad in the 1st half. I dont understand, why fans expect us to play over our possibilities.

CR said he wanted to try something different, he did ,if this group of players had played individually better, especially King and DD, the formation could of worked.Vardy being stranded was not the formation, but nobody coming from behind to support him.The spurs game wasnt better than this game, we had more possesion this weekend, but too many passes didnt find their intended target.Thats the players not the manager.The manager though did change it, we then moved the ball slightly better.

We will see CR change and test other formations, its his job!! , the top 15 players still need to have their talent questioned, and they all deserve a bite at the cherry.CR needs to know who he can rely on.Inler, Fuchs, Kante need to be slowly introduced, I am sure these 3 plus Abe, will have high percentage of game time within the next 4 games.That by the way would still only be

8 games played.

It seems that Okazaki has found his place in the top 12, but I am sure will be not used in just 1 position.

Mahrez, everybody gives him hell of alot deserved credit, can he string 6-7 performances together, without flagging.

Ulloa, Kram, Wasi, others on the bench, are still going to get deserved game time.How CR plays it...who cares its his call.

Fans posting their desired line ups is ok and interesting for the banter, but I see in the different periods, throwing out different challenges, and expect CR to tweek the side now n then.Also obvious knocks and injuries will give fans and manager headaches.So lets not be bombastic, stubborn and unflexable towards team selection and formations.

Forget not the end of last season...Pearson foxed everybody on this forum, not one of you agreed with his selections at the beginning of the great escape...If you have memory loss just look at your individual posts.

Even Vardy and Schlupp even Cambiasso were the last players some of you wanted on the teamsheet.

Chose your desired teams, but after last seasons poor forum form, dont insult others who cant quite see it like you, as being so damn obvious...and forget you are actually a misunderstood potential PL managers.

Banter and opinions, and tongue in cheek insults, shows forum respect.

Dissing opposition teams, and jagging present manager or players off loses the plot.

That said, this forum after reading through the other PL and european forums, is up there with the best.

I think Huth's reaction was more towards the diving and the referee constantly falling for it to be honest. I was also annoyed, red in the face in anger annoyed at the pathetic officiating. Every time Wilson got the ball he was looking to dive, every time someone touched him he was over, Daniels was just as bad, spending half the time in the floor.

I really wish we had scored in those last 8 minutes of extra time, it would have served them right for the constant diving and rolling around.

That's exaggerating it more than just a little - I can't think of any intentional diving by Bournemouth player apart from two incidents in the second half. One where Benalouane challenged Wilson in the box and one where Bournemouth got a free-kick late into extra time.

Some of our players were just as unprofessional on Saturday, namely Huth and De Laet.

Archived