Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Bournemouth away post-match thread

Edit: You know what I can't be bothered.

Kante is amazing because he is new.

Benluane is awesome he should replace de leat.

Inler is way better than Drinky and king who should be replaced immediately.

Name me a single person on here who has said Benaluane is awesome? Weird comment.

If you can't see that De Laet wasn't up to it today then there is no point trying to converse with you. Read the rest of the posts. If you think getting torn a new one by a winger who got an assist is 'keeping him at bay' then I'm not sure you understand the game.

To be fair, how does the manager know that formation wouldn't work, until he tried it. At least he changed it before it was too late.

That is besides the point. We have already played better teams this season and seen good results while playing our game. I don't understand why he changed to such a negative formation today. To me it didn't make sense. We should have played two banks of four to soak up the pressure and then pushed to catch them on the counter, which is what we have been doing well all season already.

Don't get all this don't change the formation / team lark. Kante has been so good in the first few games he had to start. Understandable to come in for Okazaki and hope the wingers would keep their form going. Wasn't working and some changes were made. Important thing was we got the point in the end, looking at the results today this is going to be an even tougher league than last year, and we've made a great start.

Name me a single person on here who has said Benaluane is awesome? Weird comment.

If you can't see that De Laet wasn't up to it today then there is no point trying to converse with you. Read the rest of the posts. If you think getting torn a new one by a winger who got an assist is 'keeping him at bay' then I'm not sure you understand the game.

See my above post regarding de leat.

Guest seanfox778

It's a shame that Vardy only had one opportunity to run at the defence in the entire game. Thought Okazaki grafted well when he came on. Ref was terrible. Wished we went for it more after we scored, the game just stopped after that when they were on the back foot and very vulnerable. Satisfied with a point but not our best game by a long shot.

That is besides the point. We have already played better teams this season and seen good results while playing our game. I don't understand why he changed to such a negative formation today. To me it didn't make sense. We should have played two banks of four to soak up the pressure and then pushed to catch them on the counter, which is what we have been doing well all season already.

Im sure he had his reasons

Edit: You know what I can't be bothered.

Kante is amazing because he is new.

Benluane is awesome he should replace de leat.

Inler is way better than Drinky and king who should be replaced immediately.

Benny looks like a disaster to me, but De Laet was awful - no help from Mahrez though.

Today king and Drinks were terrible. As a result Inler should partner Kante, who was pretty good second half - his ball winning was actually superb.

This I agree with.

It took Pearson 4 months to understand we need to play to our strengths and bollox to the opposition. I hope CR has learnt that lesson today.

Benny looks like a disaster to me, but De Laet was awful - no help from Mahrez though.

Today king and Drinks were terrible. As a result Inler should partner Kante, who was pretty good second half - his ball winning was actually superb.

His ball giving was also brilliant, for the other team.

I saw king and rink water battling it out in a closely contested midfield battle, not sure what you watched?

I will be furious if he replaces king and Drinky with Inler and Kante after the performances so far this season.

Although we've done well this season we've struggled in the middle of the park. Against teams like Bournemouth, particularly as we played away from home, we need to try and control the midfield. Okay it didn't work but it wasn't a total shock Ranieri decided on that formation.

We're 4 games in, will be in the top 4 and still have a few days of the transfer window. Look at West Ham, they lost at home to us and Bournemouth but just smashed Liverpool at Anfield. This league is unpredictable!

At least now when DD and Kingy get dropped, CR won't get any grief - he has given them a chance.

I like both DD and Drinky, but they can struggle at this level, particularly DD when we are away from home under the cosh. Think Kingy is better defensively.

Anyway looking forward to seeing Inler and Kante at home to Villa.

I thought Kante was our man of the match today, he was all over the place, and still looked fresh after 90+ mins. Schlupp also played very well in the second half.

Hopefully he will go back to the 4-4-2, or either 3-4-1-2 or 3-5-2. Don't want to see the 4-5-1 again anytime soon.

I saw king and rink water battling it out in a closely contested midfield battle, not sure what you watched?

I will be furious if he replaces king and Drinky with Inler and Kante after the performances so far this season.

I'll wager you'll be furious no matter what he does.

I'd hazzard a guess (will check stats later) that Drinkwater gave the ball away the most today, especially in the first half. Loved his last corner of the game :thumbup:

Judging by these comments anyone would have thought we lost today lol. We got a draw. A lucky one when we were total rubbish. Again, last season we wouldn't have come back. Claudio is still learning about the team. Lesson learned. Lets move on and get back to winning ways against Villa!

Judging by these comments anyone would have thought we lost today lol. We got a draw. A lucky one when we were total rubbish. Again, last season we wouldn't have come back. Claudio is still learning about the team. Lesson learned. Lets move on and get back to winning ways against Villa!

reason everyone is so pissed is that we lost 2 points today, bournemouth were there for the taking and we didnt win a game we should have done much better in

I'll wager you'll be furious no matter what he does.

Not particularly no, I have been supportive of the manager up to today. I disagreed with Pearson's sacking and was unsure of the decision to bring in Ranieri. Until now, I have said he has been a good manager for carrying on with what made us successful last season, but right now in the heat of today I am feeling a little annoyed that he has made a glaring mistake that with research of last season could have been avoided.

I would also like to draw attention to the fact that the 'poor' midfield that some are referring to, have actually won us 8 points this season despite struggling today. Not to mention the points that midfield won us to keep us up last term.

From Sky sports. I'd say this is about right.

Player ratings

Leicester: Schmeichel (6), De Laet (5), Huth (6), Morgan (6), Schlupp (7), Drinkwater (6), King (6), Mahrez (5), Kanté (8), Albrighton (6), Vardy (7)

Subs: Okazaki (5), Dodoo (5), Benalouane (4)

Man of the match: N'Golo Kanté

Though Schlupp man of the match for me and probs an 8 with Kante.

Archived