Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Bournemouth away post-match thread

Jesus Christ that was as poor a refereeing display as I've ever seen.

Apparently breathing near an opponent is punishable by a foul but only if you're wearing a blue shirt.

We "committed" 19 fouls today. Load of old bollocks

yeah, he had zero control on the game and the majority of decisions he made were wrong. ruined the game

The match thread today surprised even myself. I'd been expecting pessimism if we went behind, but not to that level. (One of the reasons I've posted much less recently).

If anyone expected Bournemouth to roll over and die, they are simply deluded.

It wasn't the prettiest performance but this is the Premiership. It's THE toughest division on the planet, bar none.

I'm well chuffed we got a point today. It keeps our unbeaten run going on a day both Liverpool and Chelsea lost at home.

I wouldn't expect them to roll over and die. I'd at least expect us to have a shot before 70 minutes - that's really not too much to ask.

Seriously? Believe what you like, but you're making yourself look like a fool.

You can be as biased as you want, but he was clearly offside.

Do you need some clarification on the laws of the game?

Eh, he was arguably level, it's massively tight, his hair might be just off but the defenders foots pretty far back. Impossible to call, benefit of the doubt should go to the attacker.

You'll get people blaming ranieri for playing 451 but actually I think Bournemouth just came storming out at a frantic pace and we would have struggled perhaps even more with one less midfielder. Second half Bournemouth naturally faded and we dominated. Some poor individual performances was the difference between a win and a draw today.

Thanks, Bournemouth looked good against west ham very fast on the break. I thought they would put up a good show, shame we didn't turn up first half

How can you under any circumstances support a formation that left our rb completely exposed, left our striker with no support and led to us giving the ball away to the opposition every two passes? It didn't work and was a huge mistake by the manager. It nearly cost us our unbeaten run and you could argue after the way we nullified them in the second half, has cost us 2 points.

Lots saying Kante was mom? Was I the only one that saw the gaping holes he was leaving in behind him when he was a) jumping in b) losing the ball by over playing and c) running 'all over the place' as some of you are putting it. A game like that needs disciplined defending and quick paced countering, a midfield who is out of position is costly!

Second half he was excellent, him and Jeff being literally our only outlets most of the time... We had to go for it and they did.

Phew, what a poor showing today. Overall, I'll take a point but it was rather undeserved.

King and Drinkwater need to be dropped for the next game and De Laet can go find another club.

MC we rarely agree as you know.

However this post I agree with all but the point 'undeserved'.

At the end I would say, a point each was fair. We were truly awful first half, but slightly better 2nd, during which we deserved two pens, and Bournemouth never got near our goal in that time.

Not to mention we had a decent goal rubbed out.

Hopefully CR will realise one up front is not the way forward for us, and never play it again.

Shout out to Vards. No service but creates a goal for himself out of nothing.

That is 2 points dropped rather than 1 point gained and 4-5-1 was at fault.

Bournemouth weren't great and we shown in the second half why. We matched up perfectly well in 4-4-2 so I don't see why Ranieri had to piss about with 5 in the middle. We were playing Bournemouth not ****ing Man City.

Referee didn't help. Should have had another pen and on another day Mahrez isn't offside.

Kante had good spells, he linked up well with Schluup towards the end.

Could have won that in the second half. Bournemouth faded spectacularly. We wouldn't have deserved the win mind.

Changing back to 4-4-2 was vital, don't agree with the subs though. Think Ulloa and Kramaric have a right to be extremely pissed off that Shinji and Dodoo were ahead of them. I'd have brought Inler on too. Abdelouane looks an underwhelming signing, says it all that dreadful as RDL was I'd still have him there ahead of him.

Agreed with dodoo coming on but shinji has been one of our best players. I'd want him coming on in front of ulloa without doubt.

A very typical Leicester result/performance. Always seem to struggle against the lesser opposition. Take the point and run.

WYS

People may complain about the formation, but for me, it wasn't the tactics, we just didn't play well, after a good start. I thought it was a good formation for an away game against an attacking side, alas individual performances simply weren't good enough. At least Mr. Ranieri changed it at half time, which is something Nigel never did. At the end of the day we still managed a draw, so onwards & upwards we go...

The match thread today surprised even myself. I'd been expecting pessimism if we went behind, but not to that level. (One of the reasons I've posted much less recently).

If anyone expected Bournemouth to roll over and die, they are simply deluded.

It wasn't the prettiest performance but this is the Premiership. It's THE toughest division on the planet, bar none.

I'm well chuffed we got a point today. It keeps our unbeaten run going on a day both Liverpool and Chelsea lost at home.

Yep, some fans would do well to remember we narrowly escaped relegation last season. We've no right to turn up at any premier league team expecting them to roll over. They were better than us first half - it happens. We're not the best team in the league.

People are quick to moan about De Laet but he looked far more comfortable in the second half once Mahrez was taken off.

Mahrez gets loads of praise for his attacking work but he doesn't help De Laet out at all. People may say that Mahrez shouldn't have to defend but when you compare it to Kante and Schlupp on the opposite side, a winger that tracks back is so much better for the whole team. 

I wouldn't be too surprised to see Schlupp and Albrighton start on the wing after the international break. 

How can you under any circumstances support a formation that left our rb completely exposed, left our striker with no support and led to us giving the ball away to the opposition every two passes? It didn't work and was a huge mistake by the manager. It nearly cost us our unbeaten run and you could argue after the way we nullified them in the second half, has cost us 2 points.

Lots saying Kante was mom? Was I the only one that saw the gaping holes he was leaving in behind him when he was a) jumping in b) losing the ball by over playing and c) running 'all over the place' as some of you are putting it. A game like that needs disciplined defending and quick paced countering, a midfield who is out of position is costly!

Mate, you just claime De Leat kept Gradel at bay. You chat ****ing bollocks 99% of the time. You deffo watched a different game today.

Have we both watched the same game?

Did you notice how terrified De Laet looked everytime Gradel got the ball? It was only thanks to Gradel's injury that De Laet managed to play a bit better - but still, did you see that poor pass going forward in the second half? He was so scared, he hardly ever crossed the halfway line in the second half.

Kanté and Schlupp were two of the best players today - Drinkwater and King mostly anonymous and with little impact on our play going forward. Kanté worked his socks off for 98 minutes, whereas King and Drinkwater huffed and puffed.

You blame Inler's performance against Bury - maybe he dropped his ante in the second half, but what about the first 45 minutes? Doesn't that at least warrant coming on as a substitute? What purpose did Benalouane serve today? Just get on the pitch and concede yet another yellow card? lol

As for the referee and his poor decision-making: What about a potential red card for Huth or a second yellow for De Laet?

Well In all honesty, if I was playing rb today I would also be shitting myself. Mahrez offered no support and Ritchie came up against arguably the two fastest players in the league on his own. Poor bloke was left completely exposed. See my above post for my views on Kante, he was better later in the second half, but the first half he was out of position a lot, got caught on the ball several times, including just before their goal, and kept playing the Hollywood ball which didn't work once.

Schlupp I agree with, he was fantastic. He should be playing left wing or left mid, not lb, he is waste there.

As for the ref, what about the penalty, he is the last man that takes down Vardy, red card. What about the various poor challenges by Daniels on albrighton, Drinky and Okazaki, went unpunished. The ref was atrocious, so inconsistent and made some awful decisions. Schlupp's yellow card being one of them, Huths first yellow another.

That is 2 points dropped rather than 1 point gained and 4-5-1 was at fault.

Bournemouth weren't great and we shown in the second half why. We matched up perfectly well in 4-4-2 so I don't see why Ranieri had to piss about with 5 in the middle. We were playing Bournemouth not ****ing Man City.

Referee didn't help. Should have had another pen and on another day Mahrez isn't offside.

Kante had good spells, he linked up well with Schluup towards the end.

Agreed

People are quick to moan about De Laet but he looked far more comfortable in the second half once Mahrez was taken off.

Mahrez gets loads of praise for his attacking work but he doesn't help De Laet out at all. People may say that Mahrez shouldn't have to defend but when you compare it to Kante and Schlupp on the opposite side, a winger that tracks back is so much better for the whole team. 

I wouldn't be too surprised to see Schlupp and Albrighton start on the wing after the international break. 

Mahrez doesn't help the de laet issue but that isn't what saved him today. Max gradel getting injured made de laet look better.

Interesting Quote from our Jamie, 

More from Jamie Vardy, who tells BBC Sport : "There weren't many people putting their name forward for the penalty. They were pointing at me so I stepped up and lashed it as hard as I could."

go onnn son!!   :thumbup: 

Lets be positive the commentator on the stream makes|Stringer sound good.

Yeah, too true. The foul on tomlin that should have been a peno, he acknowledged it was in the area but said it would have been harsh to give it as he was going away from goal  :blink:

Archived