Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Bournemouth away post-match thread

-Kante massively impressed me and now has to start centre mid.

-vardy once again proves he cannot play upfront on his own in our team.

-Okazaki was brilliant when he came on.

-I think Benny is actually good but makes stupid hard challenges when no need.

-RDL still scares me.

-Pray to god Kramaric was injured and not out of favour.

Didn't really know what to expect or want before the game, I actually predicted a 1-1 draw but at the same time without disrespecting Bournemouth (Because i've seen a couple of their games and they've been good, very good) I thought '**** me, it's Bournemouth, we've gotta win there', again though my main thoughts were anything but a loss, our first defeat cannot be Bournemouth.

Anyway, by the sounds of it, we got out of jail, we sounded the worst we've been in the first 4 games, we had an off day I think it's fair to say judging by Mr Stringer - Not a great person to gauge an opinion from I admit.

That **** we managed to get the peno a nailed on one again going from Stringer's account. As soon as we scored it, despite sounded the team on the attack and going for it I just wanted the game to end, was a very nervy finish.

But 3rd on 8 points after 4 games going into a 2 week international break, you cannot complain about that.

The most important part? Not losing to Bournemouth and not going into an international break on a loss the latter is a huge positive.

I was listening on Radio Solent as visiting my folks on the south coast. On their commentry (which makes Stringer and co. seem class!) It seemed as if they dominated first half and us the second. Claudios substitutions and formaion changes seemed to work well. Bournemouth are not a bad side and have their tails up. History is bunk. It matters not where people or clubs have come from, just where they are going. I think Bournemouth will do wel. Incidentally could only hear the Leicester fans on their broadcast.

De laet is a bit exposed at this level, and I think 3 at the back with Was Huth and Wes is needed. In part it is hard to fit Mahrez into a 352 formation that is the problem. He needs to be on the wing but is not a wingback. This means either 442 or 451, and even there the RB is exposed.

Alternatively Albrighton nees to play on the right and Mahrez on the left.

I was listening on Radio Solent as visiting my folks on the south coast. On their commentry (which makes Stringer and co. seem class!) It seemed as if they dominated first half and us the second. Claudios substitutions and formaion changes seemed to work well. Bournemouth are not a bad side and have their tails up. History is bunk. It matters not where people or clubs have come from, just where they are going. I think Bournemouth will do wel. Incidentally could only hear the Leicester fans on their broadcast.

De laet is a bit exposed at this level, and I think 3 at the back with Was Huth and Wes is needed. In part it is hard to fit Mahrez into a 352 formation that is the problem. He needs to be on the wing but is not a wingback. This means either 442 or 451, and even there the RB is exposed.

Alternatively Albrighton nees to play on the right and Mahrez on the left.

Problem there is you'll be leaving Jeff behind Mahrez, and that's arguably even more of a disaster. I love Jeff but defending is not his forte.

Fitting Mahrez into the team is both tricky and essential. 3412 as at the end of last season may be best.

Overall I am happy with 3rd place on 8 points from 4 games, with the manager introducing new players slowly and learning which formations work best. In experimentation there is the risk of getting it wrong, but CR seems to realise and adjust before all is lost. Nige would stick with a losing formula out of bloody mindedness.

Phew, what a poor showing today. Overall, I'll take a point but it was rather undeserved.

King and Drinkwater need to be dropped for the next game and De Laet can go find another club.

I agree it was a poor performance especially the first half.  I always knew it would be a tough physical battle with the Cherries as they play a up tempo high line game.  CR did try a formation that clearly the players were not comfortable with.  Dirnkwater and King were really out of sorts.  King in the more defensive role.  He disappointed me the whole game actually.  I don't know how many touches he had, but it wasn't many and in the deeper role he missed a number of tackles.  His second half didn't improve.  Drinkwater did once we reverted to our 442 in the second half.

Our right side was also a mess with Mahrez playing his worse game for us.  He only started helping De Laet in defense after the goal. De laet had a shocker, that is not in doubt.  Yes we need him to be cover for RB not our first choice.

Let me say after watching the game closely even the first half I can't remember another chance that Bournemouth had on goal other than the very lucky over head that was well taken by Callum Wilson.

They completely  dominated the first half and deserved to lead.  We created nothing in the first half.

The second half was a different story.  Yes it still wasn't pretty but we looked the more complete team and created a lot more than they did. Actually again I can't remember Schmichael having to make a save in the second half.

Our left side once Albrighton left the field and Kante moved to left wing was just immense.  Kante and Schlupp were by far the best players on the field for us.  Our left side with these 2 guys was just deadly. Kante in the first half was the best of the midfield 3 but turned in a performance of the highest quality.  If we revert to 442 which one would imaging we will he will replace King for sure.  Schlupp played out of this world.  Fuchs must of been sitting on the bench wondering if he will ever get a game because Jefferey is not replaceable in this form.

We dominated a still scrappy second half with many more chances on their goal than ours.  Vardy, what can you say about this guy.  He works, he works he works.  His quality of play also just gets better and is noticed to get called up again.  Every team would love a guy like this leading their line. Is he the worlds most talented Striker, no of course not, but makes things happen.  The penalty was amazingly well earned and then taken.  frankly their were 2 clear others that should of been given, one on Okazaki and the other on Vardy again.

before those say Benny is a red card waiting to happen and nearly gave away a penalty to them, Wilson instigated the contact and the Ref who did have a real shocker made the right call.

I thought Huth and Morgan, especially Morgan had good games and really didn't alow Wilson who is a real talent and will be in the reckoning for a England call up in the future. I thing he looks like a taller, younger  version of Jermaine Defoe.  Their left side that performed really well in the first half is now in disarray with Daniels, Mings and Gradel all injured and could be for sometime from they way they looked. Bournemouth are a no names team but are a good side and I would bet will survive.  This season the PL is very unpredictable.  Every game could be won by either side more this season than any other I can think of.

I thought a draw from that performance was fair, but based on the second half and the amount of action in front of Boruc's goal we were the team more likely to have won it, especially in the last 20 minutes.

Could be an important point at the end of the season.  And for those who are bagging CR for the first half, Should Chelsea sack Mourinho now seeing them in the bottom 6 after 4 games and losing at home to Palace. 

http://www.bournemouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=72048&start=21&posts=35

interesting reading, it is only a minority of bournemouth fans who feel the ref ****ed them, but still, it amazes me that some bournemouth fans think that the ref screwed them out of 3 points.

He gained you a point you wallys, but people are always gonna moan

http://www.bournemouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=72048&start=21&posts=35

interesting reading, it is only a minority of bournemouth fans who feel the ref ****ed them, but still, it amazes me that some bournemouth fans think that the ref screwed them out of 3 points.

He gained you a point you wallys, but people are always gonna moan

To be fair to them the refereeing was appalling, they will focus on the penalty they could have had and Huth's possible red.

We will focus on the penalty (maybe 2) we didn't get and the Mahrez offside.

All the big calls other than the penalty he did give, he got wrong.

Bournemouth dived around and went to ground at every opportunity which didn't help, but the bookings for both De Laet and King were not fouls. (However De Laet maybe deserved a yellow for consistsnt fouling).

All in all maybe the worst all round game by a referee I have seen in a long time. Though I think a draw was the right result in the end.

Just watched the game on Skys extended  highlights without knowing the score whilst being at work.

Thought we werent good and seem to lack any real excitement or zip today. But literally there was **** all Bournemouth highlights except their goal which really was poor defending.

Think CR got the team wrong today at the start. Seemed to aim to hit them on the break playing 433 but it didnt really work at all and we did look better with Okazaki on.

Overall a decent point from not playing great, Kante and Schlupp looked class

Ref was shocking, but he was shocking for both. We should have had another penalty, tomlin should have had one for them (wilsons was a dive), our Mahrez goal wasn't off but Huth should have been for a slap on their player just after the tangle with Wilson. Just no control over the match whatsoever, but his decisions screwed both sides reasonably equally.

Ranieri now has a problem. He should know that he shouldn't start that formation again. And that formation accommodated Kante into the midfield. IMO he shouldn't drop Kante and he should start the next match with a more successful formation. Which means that either King or DD will be dropped. With Kante he has the added bonus that the lad can also play wide, I was surprised at how well he did when moved there so that's possibly our sub winger issue sorted.

I'm not willing to judge Dodoo on one appearance in the PL, he's very young and inexperienced and if he wasn't nervous I'd be surprised. He'll probably make the bench again. Jeff started his City career with a few goals in a League Cup match (I think it was Macclesfield away) and then took some time to develop with many posters saying that he'd never make the grade, but against Bournemouth he looked comfortable in his role and well deserving of his place. Dodoo has made a similar start and only time will tell if he has the ability to make the grade.

I think we should stop showing respect to the opposition. Last week we seemed to change the way we played against Sours even though we were at home. Ok, The heat had a big part. This week we change our formation maybe possibly on the back of their result at West Ham. We should play to our strengths and let everyone else worry about us!

Here here KP

First half was poor but the second half we played some very good football and it was against a bournemouth side that I thought looked pretty good. I can't see Bournemouth being relegated. So we got an away point against a prem team - that's alright in my opinion.

Teams need to win their home games any team we stop from doing that are a team we can expect to finish higher than.

Better performance than against Spurs I thought. 

Teams need to win their home games any team we stop from doing that are a team we can expect to finish higher than.

So far this season, home wins have registered as follows

Round 1: 2

Round 2: 2

Round 3: 1

Round 4 (so far): 1

It seems that home wins are not what they used to be!

Pretty poor performance overall. The last 15-20 was excellent but for most of the game we were uncreative, passed the ball poorly and didn't press them with anything like as much intensity as we had in the previous three games.

Our right side looked incredibly weak. Mahrez is neither a willing nor effective defender and when you combine that with a fullback who isn't playing well you're likely going to face trouble and we certainly did.

Well done Vardy for rescuing something. Bloke.

I'm actually quite encouraged that despite playing well below the level we are able to, we still snatched a point against a well-organised team which is still on a "promotion high".  Playing a newly promoted club in the first 8-10 games of a season will always be tough so I don't think we should look at 1-1 as a disaster at all. 

We restricted them to half chances, of which they took one. Brilliant finish by Wilson, but apart from that they weren't a threat.

Bournemouth are currently performing above their level and it's much like we were at the start of last season – and the starts made by the likes of Hull, Blackpool etc. in previous seasons. 

We should still be realistic about our goals this season – and I still think we should view survival as our number 1 target. Anything above 40 points is a massive plus.

We will rip Bournemouth apart at home so taking four points off them means we've done our job. 

Archived